Laser Blood Irradiation Info

Discuss the use of laser therapy for fighting hair loss. If you're using a purchased device, or a laserbrush or helmet that you've made yourself, discuss it here.

Moderator: moderators

jdp710
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

Laser Blood Irradiation Info

Post by jdp710 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:04 pm

Laser Blood Irradiation

"the improvement of rheological characteristics of the blood and microcirculation, normalization of parameters of hormonal, immune, reproductive and many other systems.

After blood irradiation the decrease of concentration of cholesterol, triglycerides, lipoproteins and glucose was also detected in patients with originally increased values. No signs for blood cell damage was obtained. The blue light blood irradiation therapy helped to keep the level of atherogenic lipids in the blood of patients with atherosclerosis relatively low for several months.

Activation of microcirculation is one of the most pronounced effects of IV LBI. The improvement of microcirculation after IV LBI was detected in all structures of the central nervous system.

It can improve the blood microcirculation, increase nutrients and oxygen supply to different tissues.

positive influence of the activity of immune system was found. All the above mentioned results was detected after a single procedure of blood irradiation, and repeating treatments made results of therapy stronger.

The decrease of low-density lipoproteins and cholesterol amount in the blood serum was detected.

It was proposed, that increasing levels of NO [nitric oxide]can be results of light irradiation of blue and red band."

http://www.emred.fi/htmls_en/laser_bloo ... .html#TLBI

"used for its biostimulative, analgetic, antiallergic, immunocorrective, antitoxic, vasodilative, antiarrhythmic, antibacterial, antihypoxic, spasmolytic, anti-inflammatory and some other properties

activates nonspecific mechanisms of anti-infectious immunity. Intensifying of bactericidal activity of serum of the blood and system of the complement, reduction of the degree of C - reactive protein, level of average molecules and toxicity of plasma, increasing the content of IgA, IgM and IgG in the serum of the blood, as well as decreasing of the level of circulating immune complexes are proved.

improving the rheological properties of blood, rising fluidity and activating transport functions. That is accompanied by increasing the oxygen level, as well as decreasing the carbon dioxide partial pressure.

It was proved that IV LBI reduces aggregation ability of thrombocytes, activates fibrinolysis, which results in peripheral blood flow velocity increasing and tissues oxygenation enriching. The improvement of microcirculation and utilisation of oxygen in tissues as a result of IV LBI is intimately linked with positive influence on metabolism: higher level of oxidation of energy-carrying molecules of glucose, pyruvate, and other substances.

unblocking of capillaries

positive influence practically on all tissues and functional systems of the body"

http://www.laserpartner.org/lasp/web/en/2003/0058.htm

"As shown in physiological and physiochemical tests, this laser irradiation technology can rapidly alter the flow conditions of blood and oxygen in the body. From increased micro-circulation, strengthened blood cells, increased cell metabolisms, increased immune system functions, and faster tissue regeneration this technology is very beneficial to the total functional parameters of the human body."

http://www.chinatech.com/irradiation.htm

more info thanks to hapyman

Some info from http://www.wanliyiliao.gz.cn/product.asp

Cardio-cerebral vascular disease laser therapeutic apparatus

Treatment principle

1. Human body optical window

Human tissue is mainly composed of water, hemoglobin and melanin. Theoretically, the laser wavelength which has the minimum thermal damage threshold to tissue is called the “optical window of human body”.

The latest laser medicine researches showed that when 650nm laser beam irradiates the body vertically via body surface to radial artery, approximately 1/10 of laser power can penetrate skin , muscle and vessel wall and absorbed by blood.

The spectrum for blood fluorescence activated by laser is mainly between 600-670nm, and the spectrum of 630-650nm laser is located within peak values. So, it is not difficult to understand from the molecule fluorescence mechanism that the spectrum of the laser source activate blood from basic state into enabled state,and the spectrum within the range of 630 to 650nm gives the most effective or curative results.

2. Blood laser radiation decreases blood viscosity

Adopting the laser of 650nm to irradiate blood, the laser can be absorbed respectively by oxyhemoglobin and reduced hemoglobin strongly. Because red blood cells are the main part of the blood(taking up 95%), the hematocrit of red cell is the most important factor which influence blood viscosity, especially the viscosity in low shear rate. The metamorphism and orientation of erythrocyte during blood flow are the important factors which influence blood viscosity in high shear rate. With the absorption of the laser energy by blood, the lipid layer of the erythrocyte will be dissolved, as a result the erythrocyte ability for carrying electric charge will be recovered; further the specific volume and metamorphism of red blood cells and blood rheological property will be improved, then blood viscosity will be decreased; the blood supply to human body, especially the terminal micro-circulation will have a corresponding improvement.

Abundant researches proved that 650nm laser irradiation to blood can decrease blood viscosity and improve erythrocyte metamorphism ability, especially can normalize cell surface electric charge, cell biological feature or function, normalize distribution of enzyme receptor on cell membrane and increase the membrane stability. Besides, it can also adjust the concentration and balance of thromboxane A2 (TXA2) and prostaglandin I2(PGI2), inhibit thrombocyte conglomeration and regulate blood vessel function. Thereby it can prevent and treat the ischemic cardio cerebral vascular diseases and it also can prevent from the occurrences of thrombosis diseases.

3. Laser irradiation can improve the capability of blood to carry oxygen.

Through laser radiation on blood, the lipoid layer which aggregated on the surface of red blood cell will be dissolved, thereby improve the permeability of red cell membrane. And the capability of the body to carry or use oxygen can be promoted remarkably, and then body oxygen supply will be improved very well.

4. Laser irradiation decreases cholesterol and triglycerides

Laser irradiation can correct the disorder of lipid metabolism rapidly and efficiently decrease the cholesterol and triglycerides to regular level. It also can normalize the lipid metabolism of the body.

Characteristics

Safe and no side effect:

SAS-XN cardio cerebral vascular laser therapeutic device adopts 650nm semi-conductor laser. It can penetrate skin, fattiness, muscle, vessel wall but won’t hurt any tissue of the body and cell. The 650nm laser beam belongs to low energy laser, the radiation power of the laser is far smaller than the damage shreshold of the body organs and cell.

"C-reactive protein measures general levels of inflammation in your body."

http://www.revolutionhealth.com/article ... ipc=B00232

"reduction of the degree of C - reactive protein [due to laser blood irradiation]"

http://www.lasercliniclondon.com/phdi/p ... ent&part=5

"High CRP levels are related to inflammation, and chronic inflammation is associated with insulin resistance, hypertension, type 2 diabetes, atherosclerosis, and more recently hair loss."

http://news.hairlosshelp.com/hair-loss- ... hair-loss/

"The low level laser therapy of inner ear dysfunction has been made use of in Germany since the end of the eighties As the observation of healing processes has shown in the course of the years, even serious impairments such as the most excruciating cases of tinnitus, hearing loss, hyperacusis, vertigo and Meniere's Disease can be considerably alleviated and even healed with the aid of modern Low Level Laser Therapy (LLLT).

The laser emits 830 nm (480 mW) and 630 nm (20 mW) simultaneously."

http://www.drz.org/asp/conditions/tinnitus2.asp

"After three years of clinical monitoring 200 patients after Comprehensive Laser Therapy (medication, rehab physiotherapy aimed at axial skeleton and LLLT) of tinnitus have been evaluated with the following results: 16 per cent of patients with no effect (however, approximately one third of this group may have finished attendance due to other reasons than in direct relation to the results of therapy, attendance finished sua sponte by the patient), 15 per cent of patients marking their relief of tinnitus as less than 50 per cent alleviation (evaluation through combination of three different scales), having in mind especially the criterion of "quality of life", 43 per cent of patients, the biggest group consisting of patients evaluating their relief of tinnitus within mentioned scales as more than 50 per cent, 26 per cent of patients are totally free of tinnitus. "

http://www.rj-laser.com/english/src_tinnitus.htm

OverMachoGrande
Prolific Poster
Have you had a hair transplant?: Yes

Re: Laser Blood Irradiation Info

Post by OverMachoGrande » Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:10 am

And just to point out how to get that blood irradiation...

...you shove diodes UP YOUR NOSE! lol... It's actually a fantastic way to get all of these amazing benefits. I do it 45 minutes when I can, and, In fact, I think it will cause a synergy with our laser helmets -both with our hair loss fight and the rest of our body.

FYI... my picture is slightly inaccurate. You MUST PUT DIODE CAPS ON THE DIODES -it's way too wet up there (excuse the unpleasant term, but there is a lot of SNOT that will kill the diodes)- and you'd probably be better off putting electrical tape or something around the diodes for extra protection. YOU WILL KILL YOUR DIODES IF YOU DON'T PUT LENS CAPS ON THEM!

So, everyone with spare diodes should be doing something like this. The benefits have been spelled out for you by Jdp, and it's so EASY to do it.

-O.M.G.
  • "When all else fails, lie about OverMachoGrande." -observations by Jdp710
Build the most effective laser device in the world at http://www.overmachogrande.com...

hapyman
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood II

Post by hapyman » Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:19 am

I have been doing this for some weeks now. I haven't been able to do it everyday, like I would like too, but I have been doing it a few times a week. There is something too this. One major change I have seen so far is better circulation and my veins seem more pronounced and engorged. This is most apparent in the arms. Coincidentally since starting LBI my scalp is now starting to get a slight pinkish tone when I do things that are supposed to increase blood flow. Before my problem areas would stay as white as normal while the surrounding areas would turn dark red. The best example is that there would be a definitive red line where the forehead starts and the temples end (the temples would normally be bright white).

I believe what is happening is that the damaged capillaries, arteries, and veins are slowly coming back to life. Just today I started a special protocol which will hopefully give the building blocks necessary to rebuild the collagen in my scalp and blood vessels.

OverMachoGrande
Prolific Poster

Post by OverMachoGrande » Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:09 am

hapyman wrote:I have been doing this for some weeks now. I haven't been able to do it everyday, like I would like too, but I have been doing it a few times a week. There is something too this. One major change I have seen so far is better circulation and my veins seem more pronounced and engorged. This is most apparent in the arms. Coincidentally since starting LBI my scalp is now starting to get a slight pinkish tone when I do things that are supposed to increase blood flow. Before my problem areas would stay as white as normal while the surrounding areas would turn dark red. The best example is that there would be a definitive red line where the forehead starts and the temples end (the temples would normally be bright white).

I believe what is happening is that the damaged capillaries, arteries, and veins are slowly coming back to life. Just today I started a special protocol which will hopefully give the building blocks necessary to rebuild the collagen in my scalp and blood vessels.

I actually feel so strongly about this that as soon as I get caught up, I'll send any regular forum poster that wants it two diodes wired together. All they'd have to do is go to Radio shack, pick up an adapter, and do this:

...and twist those wires (or wire nut) the positive/negative wires to the positive/negative wires from the diodes.

I know, I know... those pictures should be framed I'm such a great artist! LMAO...

Anyway, the offer is there... I've got no problem shelling out a few hundred bucks to help people realize that this is an amazing, LIFE ENHANCING, thing to do.

As JDP spelled out before, our laser helmets are doing this SOMEWHAT... they are only really irradiating capillaries on the scalp, but they are doing it in a pretty large quantity so there are some systemic benefits. However, using the nasal device would help this TREMENDOUSLY.

Hey, does your chest get really flushed after you use your nasal device? It does when I do it!

-O.M.G.
Build the most effective laser device in the world at http://www.overmachogrande.com...

hapyman
Prolific Poster

Post by hapyman » Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:34 am

Hey OMG I have been mostly doing it at the large artery located in the wrist because I couldn't get those things to stay in my nose comfortably. It just kept falling out even with a little extra tape wrapped around it. But I still try to do the nasal cavity as I think treating there has its own merits.

For anyone wanting to do the nasal cavity use super glue to glue around the rim of the lens and then the rim of the cap. This will seal the diode away from any moisture. This is important because otherwise the diode will burn out pretty quickly. Also I wrapped some electrical tape over the circuit for some added protection.

OverMachoGrande
Prolific Poster

Post by OverMachoGrande » Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:32 pm

hapyman wrote:Hey OMG I have been mostly doing it at the large artery located in the wrist because I couldn't get those things to stay in my nose comfortably. It just kept falling out even with a little extra tape wrapped around it. But I still try to do the nasal cavity as I think treating there has its own merits.

For anyone wanting to do the nasal cavity use super glue to glue around the rim of the lens and then the rim of the cap. This will seal the diode away from any moisture. This is important because otherwise the diode will burn out pretty quickly. Also I wrapped some electrical tape over the circuit for some added protection.
Yeah, you know... I guess I should point out that doing it up your nose isn't exactly the most pleasant experience. I have some of those sticky-back 2mm foamies wrapped around it to fit it in a little better, but it's kind of rough still! You can't function very well, either, because you pretty much have to keep one hand on the wires -especially after you start, umm, snotting- to keep the diodes in place.

...but it does feel so good when you are done!

-O.M.G.

hapyman
Prolific Poster

Post by hapyman » Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:04 am

Yeah I agree. I like doing it in the nasal cavity as I think it helps my sinuses. That is one thing that I did notice was that it really gets the snot flowing but in a good way it seems. Later I usually am more open and free. I would imagine it would be great for any sinus inflammation you have.

N0rwgnKid
Seasoned Poster

Post by N0rwgnKid » Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:42 pm

This is ridiculously off-topic.. but is it just me, or are you guys too experiencing the appearance of being more tan these days?.. maybe tan is not the right word, more color, redness, the look of having a more healthy and colorful face !!! I have seen almost zero sun this summer, but I am way more tan in my face then what I should be :) Haha ! Is it the lasers maybe ?

DarkwingDuck
Occasional Poster
Treatment Regimen: LAAAAAZZZEERRRRRZZZZZZZZ

just starting out

Post by DarkwingDuck » Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:47 pm

i am doing the nose thing right now and i am sneezing like no other!

this is hard hahah

hapyman
Prolific Poster

Post by hapyman » Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:30 pm

If you can't handle the nose I would try the wrist. I can get the same sensations using a diffused diode on the radial artery. This is the same artery used to detect pulse. It is close enough to the surface to get exposed to LLLT. I have a diffuse diode in a bit of foam attached to my wrist with rubber bands. Seems to work well.

And here is a pic from a LBI device that is sold on the internet. They use a 20 mW laser though. I have seen others that use 5mW and suggest 45 minutes.

OverMachoGrande
Prolific Poster

Post by OverMachoGrande » Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:54 pm

N0rwgnKid wrote:This is ridiculously off-topic.. but is it just me, or are you guys too experiencing the appearance of being more tan these days?.. maybe tan is not the right word, more color, redness, the look of having a more healthy and colorful face !!! I have seen almost zero sun this summer, but I am way more tan in my face then what I should be :) Haha ! Is it the lasers maybe ?
Yep! I've been saying that exact same thing lately. This summer I think is the LEAST amount of time I've been out in the sun, but yet I look less pale than I have been. I've really noticed the difference using the transplant scar device, the face device, and the nose irridation device in addition to my helmet.

I may try a wrist device soon like hapyman just posted!

jdp710
Prolific Poster

Post by jdp710 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:25 pm

Hey hapyman & OMG,

You can try this laser as it's cheap

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.28566

I ordered the 40 mW version.

N0rwgnKid
Seasoned Poster

Post by N0rwgnKid » Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:56 pm

Awsome :) In addition it seems my chronically stuffed left sinus is starting to clean out ;) Im spitting blood like never before :) haha.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:16 pm

N0rwgnKid wrote:This is ridiculously off-topic.. but is it just me, or are you guys too experiencing the appearance of being more tan these days?.. maybe tan is not the right word, more color, redness, the look of having a more healthy and colorful face !!! I have seen almost zero sun this summer, but I am way more tan in my face then what I should be :) Haha ! Is it the lasers maybe ?
Yeah..it's affecting your eyesight :idea: