LASERS REDUCE FOLLICLE INFLAMMATION: Sunetics study (using AiXiZ 5mW diodes) on follicle inflammation presented to the I.S.H.R.S. -Sept. 2007

Discuss the use of laser therapy for fighting hair loss. If you're using a purchased device, or a laserbrush or helmet that you've made yourself, discuss it here.

Moderator: moderators

OverMachoGrande
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Have you had a hair transplant?: Yes

LASERS REDUCE FOLLICLE INFLAMMATION: Sunetics study (using AiXiZ 5mW diodes) on follicle inflammation presented to the I.S.H.R.S. -Sept. 2007

Post by OverMachoGrande » Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:12 pm

Ok, this may be slightly confusing at first glance, but here is the lit on a fantastic study that was presented to the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery in Sept. 2007. Remember... we have Dr. Maricle to answer questions!

That was three months before I built my first laser helmet, by the way... we have GOT to work on forums getting REAL INFORMATION! lol... There is no way forums should have missed this back then -it should have been plastered on every one of them. I don't know if we have to send delegates or what to the next conference, but something needs to happen. I'll go... who wants to go with me?

You can click on this picture to look at it FULL SIZE (which is huuuuuuge!).

http://www.overmachogrande.com/pictures ... etics3.jpg

What was done in the study was an actual BIOPSY of the hair follicles -you know, they cut them out and looked at them under microscopes. The typical hair follicle was analyzed for levels of inflammation.

Here is the "before" set close up:

...and here is the "after" set...

...which showed the typical result of a massive reduction of follicle inflammation, which resulted in a 20% improvement in density in hair for the patients. This, of course, lends support to the theory that inflammation is directly responsible for hair loss, and the one of the functioning mechanisms of lasers is to eliminate that inflammation.

So, there you go. This goes to show you that the forums -the old school way they USED to be run- were the LAST to know! lol...

-John (O.M.G.)
  • "When all else fails, lie about OverMachoGrande." -observations by Jdp710
Build the most effective laser device in the world at http://www.overmachogrande.com...