Chuck Maricle PhD, AixiZ, here to answer questions

Discuss the use of laser therapy for fighting hair loss. If you're using a purchased device, or a laserbrush or helmet that you've made yourself, discuss it here.

Moderator: moderators

aixiz
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood II A
Have you had a hair transplant?: No
Treatment Regimen: Laser and propecia

Chuck Maricle PhD, AixiZ, here to answer questions

Post by aixiz » Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:56 am

Here to answer any questions regarding lasers, AixiZ and LLLT!

Chuck Maricle PhD

AixiZ Service and International
10503 Sageyork Drive
Houston, Texas 77089
USA

Main (702) 991-2067
USA FAX (702) 974-0713
USA / Canada Toll Free (888) 424-9491
Northern Europe (London) 020.7993.2961
Central Europe (Paris) 017-281-3002
Southern Europe (Milan) (29) 1616320
Mexico (Central America) 52 55 8525 9138
Australia (Sydney) 2 8014 4908

Licensed Class IIIB and Class IV laser company license TX# Z02105

Federal Supplier cage code 4MF77

OverMachoGrande
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Have you had a hair transplant?: Yes

Re: Chuck Maricle PhD, AixiZ, here to answer questions

Post by OverMachoGrande » Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:28 am

Hey, Chuck!

Good to see you here! One thing I'd like for you to do is get us information about the REAL STUDY involving the Sunetics G that had 600 participants, so I can compare it to the "mock study" that was done recently with 1 male and 6 females, was done only for three months at 2/3rds the frequency, the users were allowed to use other hair loss products -and despite ALL OF THIS, it showed results but was "spun" as a failure.

I'm going to make a post soon with the details of the "mock study" so you can look at it yourself -although I did a pretty good job shredding it, if I don't say so myself!

-O.M.G.
  • "When all else fails, lie about OverMachoGrande." -observations by Jdp710
Build the most effective laser device in the world at http://www.overmachogrande.com...

N0rwgnKid
Seasoned Poster

Post by N0rwgnKid » Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:52 pm

Hi, Chuck! Thank you for being here, highly appreciated ! :)

I just wanted to do a follow up on Joanne and I's questions over at regrowth about increased laser penetration with light skincolor(blond hair). If I remember correcly(regrowth is down) you said that usually one bumped up treatment time to 25 - 30 minutes if lack of results is a case in pasients with light skin, but you remained open due to other treatment times to this pasient-group.
-I find it peculiar that some practicioners then would increase treatment time.. is this only practiced because of lack of knowlegde of difference in skin and penetration? If you should use your knowlegde to theorise around this, isnt it thinkable that I and other light skinned blond haired should do the excact opposite, decrease treatment time ?

hapyman
Prolific Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood II

Post by hapyman » Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:19 pm

Thanks for migrating over to this site Dr. Maricle. Good to have you on board.

============================================

I have been thinking along similar lines NK. I have since decrease treatment times but have upped treatment frequencies.

Tberk
Occasional Poster
Treatment Regimen: Rogaine Foam. Emu oil. Propecia
starting Scalpure and lllt

Post by Tberk » Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:44 pm

Can someone please explain the different laser options out there, it seems like all the buzz (lol) out there lately.
How much should one cost? How often is it used? Are there dangers involved? Can someone post some pics of their results?
Thanks!!! :shock:

N0rwgnKid
Seasoned Poster

Post by N0rwgnKid » Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:43 am

Good to hear, Hapyman. I am doing quite the similiar, I stay at the 3 times a week but do about 13 minutes each time. It will give us both about 40 minutes exposure time a weak. Even though I have only lasered for soon 3 months, 20 minutes made my vertex feel sore and sunburn like during lasering and when touched afterwards, maybe this is a sign that what we are doing now is for the better..

hapyman
Prolific Poster

Post by hapyman » Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:50 am

Yeah I think we want to avoid that sunburn feeling as it may indicate thermal damage. Wonder what the good Dr. has to say about this?

hulihoop
Prolific Poster

Post by hulihoop » Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:48 am

Hey all. ljc08 from regrowth here as hulihoop. Been here for a while...welcome aboard. Can't believe they kicked a guy like OMG off regrowth after all he's done for so many of us. Oh well back to the point of this post...

If I remember correctly Dr. Maricle said that blonde, light skinned people absorbed the laser energy better (or more deeply or something like that) than darker skinned/haired individuals. I think Joanne's original question which still hasn't to my knowledge been answered was "does that mean we should reduce treatment time?"

I am a fair skinned blonde type and had actually upped my time. Can't say that it has actually led to any results although I think after 6 months of lasering my scalp and hair are in better shape. However I do often get that "sunburned" feeling you describe after lasering as well and since reading that thread on regrowth have been thinking of lowering my treatment time as well. Will be interested to hear what the doc has to say in clarification on this.

TheFunkyStumpfighter
Regular Poster
Treatment Regimen: Nizoral 2%
200 diode laser helmet mon/wed/fri
Clay mon/wed/fri
5 weeks AGHC (finished 2nd week July 09)

Post by TheFunkyStumpfighter » Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:34 pm

Hey Dr. Maricle, good to see you here.

I notice there isnt an email address in your post, and I was wondering if you had one to give out? I have a fair few questions regarding lasers, but I dont want to clog up the forum with non LLLT for hairloss questions.
I currently use Propecia and i have a Laser comb, what do you guys suggest to use as a good daily shampoo? This HairGen is not going to grow hair cmon guys. Is Nioxin the best out there?

Joanne
Seasoned Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Female Pattern Baldness)

Post by Joanne » Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:01 am

Hi Dr Maricle,

Thanks for staying with us.

Yeah, I'm still unclear on the very fair-skinned treatment time. Definitely do not want to reach the 'bio-inhibition' dose. Clearly, more (time) is not necessarily better when it comes to lasers. Could you please clarify?

And one other question ... on the subject of lasering after applying a topical. I seem to remember you posted that it could be a good thing...IF the topical were one that is light-activated. But now I can't find that post in the thread. Am I dreaming or did you address that?

If so, can you give us an example of a light-activated substance that would be a good addition to a laser program?

(And if you never posted a reply like that ... I'll just blame it on the Texas heat and a few extra beers.)

hapyman
Prolific Poster

Post by hapyman » Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:18 am

Joanne wrote:Hi Dr Maricle,
If so, can you give us an example of a light-activated substance that would be a good addition to a laser program?
Lol Joanne I saw that too. I believe JDP posted on this as well and stated that lemon juice is one of these substances. That is probably why some places have been using a mixture of olive oil and lemon juice. Another interesting concoction is the essence of a lemon rind and castor oil. There is actually a patent on that mixture claiming it regrows hair.

BTW nice to see you over here at HLF Joanne.

Leftovers

Post by Leftovers » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:03 pm

Hi Chuck, I've been trying to get ahold of you through email (I recently ordered something from your website) but the email is returned to me saying it cannot be sent through. How can I contact you otherwise?

OverMachoGrande
Prolific Poster
Have you had a hair transplant?: Yes

Post by OverMachoGrande » Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:31 am

Leftovers wrote:Hi Chuck, I've been trying to get ahold of you through email (I recently ordered something from your website) but the email is returned to me saying it cannot be sent through. How can I contact you otherwise?
I spoke to Chuck a couple of nights ago and they were having website problems, so maybe that explains the email being returned? I'm a little bit down and out today because I'm recovering from surgery so I'm probably not going to call him today, but I'll definitely call him by tomorrow and get him to come to this thread.

Also, he apologized because he's been really busy so he hasn't had time to post much!
  • "When all else fails, lie about OverMachoGrande." -observations by Jdp710
Build the most effective laser device in the world at http://www.overmachogrande.com...

NeverQuit
Regular Poster

Post by NeverQuit » Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:34 pm

Any latest studies on blondes and lllt? I've had a sunburn feeling lately on the head and I've lost a LOT of ground in a very short amount of time. Since the rest of my program for the most part has remained the same, could I be getting overstimulation?

I realize the norm is 20x3, and even more in the "underground experiment club" (UEC), however since it's been 5 months could it hurt to cut my sessions in half and see what happens? I say this because 3 months into my LLLT I felt things might have been getting better and then BAM!...Six steps back. My thought is I may have reached a point of saturation and then crossed into the realm of oversaturation.

Tberk
Occasional Poster
Treatment Regimen: Rogaine Foam. Emu oil. Propecia
starting Scalpure and lllt

Post by Tberk » Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:34 pm

After reading through the Internet it seems as though
the most trusted LLLT is with Dr. Charles Maricle
his site is SUNETICS. Forget the home made
devices.... Go with the pros and the DOCS, I am.
www.sunetics.com/aboutus.aspx

Heath
Occasional Poster
Treatment Regimen: Ketoconazole 2% Biotin Supplements, LLLT, Regenepure DR shampoo, tretanion/minox mix

Post by Heath » Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:09 am