My new pre-laser session prep routine

Discuss the use of laser therapy for fighting hair loss. If you're using a purchased device, or a laserbrush or helmet that you've made yourself, discuss it here.

Moderator: moderators

Justme123
Occasional Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood II
Have you had a hair transplant?: No
Treatment Regimen: lasers, warrior diet, sometimes essential oils

My new pre-laser session prep routine

Post by Justme123 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:03 pm

Hey Guys,

I made it over here. Goodbye to that other site for good ! OK enough of that...

I wanted to share my new pre-laser prep routine which I find to be very encouraging because I never really got a head pump (soreness) until I employed this new routine.

This is what I do:

1.) Shampoo with a "natural" shampoo (no SLS, chemicals etc...) I like Giovanni Triple Tea Tree shampoo and Jacob's recomendation of Lamas Chinese Herbs shampoo but I think I like the Lamas Wheat Grass Shampoo just as well.

2.) Slather a bentonite clay mixture on my head. I am using a bentonite clay powder that you can find in any health food store and most grocery stores (where I live anyways). The brand is Aztec Beauty Healing Clay and it costs around $5.00 for a can which should last you about a month (at least). I take 2 plastic spoons fulls of the bentonite clay and put that is a small glass container. Don't use metal with bentonite clay as it absorbs metals. I then add a little apple cider vinegar and water to the powered clay and mix it until the consistency is paste like (hopefully that makes sense). Once you have the mixture complete slather it all over your head/hair and make sure the mixture is touching the scalp. Leave this mixture on for about 30-minutes and then shampoo it out. A word of caution run your water for several minutes after you wash off the bentonite clay so you push the mixture out in the main water line so as not to clog up the pipes in your house.

Bentonite clay is supposed to help draw oils, sebum and other gunk out of your scalp. Who knows maybe it even absorbs demodex - don't get excited Jacob :). Do a little research on bentonite clay.

After you shampoo your scalp has never felt so clean and when I laser I seem to get a more stimulated feeling from my laser session. It's a bit more prep work then just shampooing before you laser but anything that absorbs and draws out oil, sebum etc... has got to be good for you hair & scalp environment.

I have some left over Polysorbate 80 from my Zix days maybe I will try using that as a pre-laser prep as Polysorbate 80 is supposed to emulsify oil and sebum and provide a better scalp environment (similiar to bentonite clay).

jdp710
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know

Re: My new pre-laser session prep routine

Post by jdp710 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:24 pm

Thanks for the info Justme123.

But yeah, there is definitely a correlation between removing that sebum and getting sore.

On occasion, I'll use French Green Clay. I'll have to add the ACV to the FGC and see what that's like.

Thanks for the update again.

Sonic74
Occasional Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood IV
Have you had a hair transplant?: Yes
Treatment Regimen: Lasers

Post by Sonic74 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:59 am

Hi, to Regrowth refugee camp here...lol

guys any experience with shedding while using the clay ???

and yeahh..... I second that is great for the good condition of the scalp !!!

thanks

jdp710
Prolific Poster

Post by jdp710 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:51 am

Hey Sonic74,

I've never noticed a shed using French Green Clay in my hair.

I also take it internally on occasion and again, no problem there either.

Sonic74
Occasional Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood IV
Have you had a hair transplant?: Yes
Treatment Regimen: Lasers

Post by Sonic74 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:52 pm

Thanks JDP,

for the info.....it's very interesting stuff !!!

I just read a lot about it on the internet....and it's not hard to find it on the local organic store or pharmacy here !!!

Thanks

Justme123
Occasional Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood II
Treatment Regimen: lasers, warrior diet, sometimes essential oils

Post by Justme123 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:14 am

jdp,

I have used Sonne's # 7 on a few occaisions myself and no problems what so ever taking that as an internal supplement. I would not recommend using the Aztec Secret healing clay as an internal as the container itself says it is not for internal use.

It just dawned on me that Aztec Secret healing clay + apple cider vinegar is basically Scalpure. So let's see.... you guys can pay $40 or $50 for a jar of Scalpure which will last you 4-5 treatments or you can spend $5 for Aztec Secret healing clay and $7 bucks for some organic apple cider vinegar and poof you have a cheap alternative to Scalpure which will last you months and months. You could probably even add tea tree oil, lavender oil etc... etc... to the mix.

I have no idea if Scalpure works my gut says it's not as miraculous as the creators of the product say it is, but I do think finding more cost effective subsitutes to products that prey on the insecure balding consumer are worth trying.