New type of 6mm white foamie... "Fun Foam" at Michael's

Discuss the use of laser therapy for fighting hair loss. If you're using a purchased device, or a laserbrush or helmet that you've made yourself, discuss it here.

Moderator: moderators

OverMachoGrande
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Have you had a hair transplant?: Yes

New type of 6mm white foamie... "Fun Foam" at Michael's

Post by OverMachoGrande » Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:33 pm

Ok, wow... exciting news in the mundane world of sometimes-hard-to-find foamies!

It's called "Fun Foam", and it's sold at Michael's!

Michael's didn't carry this before -it's a completely new brand from what I can tell. They had thinner real "Foamies", but never 6mm, and not this brand that I can remember.

It is 6mm, it is white, and that actually was the ONLY COLOR that this Michael's carried. Did someone tell them that there was a WORLDWIDE SHORTAGE of white foamies?? I wonder why! lol...

Anyway, it does feel slightly different. It's slightly more rigid, and it just doesn't feel like the other brand -and it almost feels like it would crease, but it won't.

So, I'm going to make a 400-500 diode helmet for myself at somepoint, so I may make mine with these just for the heck of it. Maybe the extra stiffness is a good thing, but then again, maybe it's a detriment because it won't flex or break in around the scalp as well.

What I do like about the Fun Foams vs. the Foamies is that sometimes the Foamies aren't quite 6mm... some of them are made somewhat skimpier, and what that means is that it doesn't hold the diode quite as well. Hopefully these WILL grip the diodes well, and you know... while I'm typing this it dawned on me that this is a great solution for the new wave of face devices that I'm going to try to interest everyone in making for themselves. The reason being is that I'm finding that GRAVITY makes it more difficult for the diodes to stay in place, even when glued, when it's completely vertical and/or upside down. This could be what I'm looking for.

No clue if it's sold online yet, and even though a quick online check could answer that... I'm saving that for another day!

-O.M.G.
  • "When all else fails, lie about OverMachoGrande." -observations by Jdp710
Build the most effective laser device in the world at http://www.overmachogrande.com...