Visited Hasson and Wong

Open discussions of hair transplants and surgical hair restoration.

Moderator: moderators

VancouverDude
Occasional Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

Visited Hasson and Wong

Post by VancouverDude » Sun Jul 17, 2005 5:20 pm

I had a meeting with Dr. Wong.

He told me he won't be able to do a hair transplant on my head because of my age (25) and because of the status of hair-loss. Gave me Proscar prescription and told me come back in year's time for another visit. :cry:

I still hate my hair (or lack of) and would like to get a hair transplant. I've got friends in India and somebody told me about this site

http://www.hairlossindia.com/ - I've sent Dr. Rajesh an email with snapshots of my head and waiting for his reply.

HairLossFight.com
Site Admin
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood III Vertex
Have you had a hair transplant?: Yes

Post by HairLossFight.com » Sun Jul 17, 2005 7:34 pm

Hi VancouverDude,

Interesting that he told you to wait. While 25 is relatively young I know people that have had successful hair transplants at that age. What Norwood are you if you don't mind my asking?

Regards,
Sam

VancouverDude
Occasional Poster

Post by VancouverDude » Sun Jul 17, 2005 9:08 pm

Sam: I am probably somewhere between Class IV and V. Do you know any other hair transplant clinics in Vancouver that I should check out?

Did you have a look at the website I mentioned earlier? Any opinions?

HairLossFight.com
Site Admin

Post by HairLossFight.com » Fri Dec 02, 2005 6:24 pm

VancouverDude, I hate it when I miss a post. Totally missed this one.

Anyway, for what it's worth I know nothing about Dr. Rajash, but personally if I was going to get a transplant I would get one from Hasson and Wong. As for your situation, I know it sucks, but if they told you to hold off I think you should wait. Those guys know what they're doing.

In the meantime, you might consider going for the completely shaven look if you're not happy with the current state. Have you checked out the following site? http://www.baldygo.com. Some people look great this way. I totally understand if that doesn't do it for you though. Afterall, I'm still fighting my own hair loss.

Cheers,
Sam

MikieNes

Been there, done that....

Post by MikieNes » Sun Mar 19, 2006 1:27 am

Yeah, I went to Hasson and Wong and got three transplants.

Great, great stuff. They delivered as promised and more.

I still have a pretty thin patch around the back, about the size of a grapefruit, but I went from essentially NOTHING on top to a perfectly natural-looking almost-full hairline. Probably two more sessions would look almost completely full, but, as I'm in Japan right now and don't have the spare cash, I can't.

Still, I'd recommend these guys to anyone. The staff (nurses) are also really, really great and don't make you feel self-conscious at all.

But be forewarned: the one thing that WASN'T true is that "it's painless". After they cut a chunk of scalp out of the back of your head, they staple the area shut, and for about two weeks it hurts like a M*THERF*CKER.

Then for about three months, you'll get occasional slicing pangs of pain. The top of your head will be numb for about two years.

But people will treat you like a completely different person, and the work these guys do is SO GOOD nobody will ever guess in a million years you used to be bald in those spots. Even when I tell people, they still don't believe it "No WAY!" they always say.

Go for it, go for it, go for it. You won't be 100% back to where you were, but I'm at about 85% there. And that's a HUGE confidence boost.

HairLossFight.com
Site Admin

Post by HairLossFight.com » Sun Apr 16, 2006 10:13 pm

MikieNes,

Not sure if you'll get this post, but for what it's worth, I went for it and got an HT with Dr. Wong. I'm just 6 days post-op, but already very impatient and wanting to see the final result.

I agree with you about every point you made. The donor area does hurt like you described.

Cheers,
Sam

P.S. If you've got some pics of your HT, I'd love to see them. Which doc did your HT's, Hasson or Wong?