1st time sugery! What if I do this...

Open discussions of hair transplants and surgical hair restoration.

Moderator: moderators

brianb
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Norwood Level: Norwood II
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

1st time sugery! What if I do this...

Post by brianb » Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:44 am

Hi everyone! Its nice to be a member here!
Im thinning out at the top of my head and I have never ever taken any topicals, medication in my life. Im 35 and I know you should start early as possible with treatments, but Im afraid of side effects etc.

This is my question, if I simpy did a FUE hair transplant treatment and just simply let the transplanted hair grow in and did NOT take anything topicals, medication etc. even after the transplant, what would happen? Wouldnt that transplanted hair be permanent and have no reason to take meds?
If possible, Id rather do the surgery and then let it play out naturally

What would the after effects be of a surgery like that?

Thanks!!

Ken
Occasional Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Have you had a hair transplant?: Yes
Treatment Regimen: Regaine twice daily
Finpecia daily

Re: 1st time sugery! What if I do this...

Post by Ken » Sun May 29, 2011 2:14 am

Brianb
What would happen is the transplanted hair will grow and continue to grow for the rest of tour life. The problem arises when the hair you currently have begins to thin and eventually shed. This is where Procecia (Finesteride) comes in it acts as a pause button greatly slowing down further hair lost.
My story is I had a very successful HT in Cape Town 15 months ago and I now use both Finesteride and Rogaine to maintain my original hair. It's certainly doing the trick.
I live in Ireland but went to Cape Town due to the enormous difference in the price of the HT. If you would like more information I'd be happy to pass on the details.

Good luck with your decision.

Ken