Are HT's really the last resort?

Open discussions of hair transplants and surgical hair restoration.

Moderator: moderators

Pelham123
Occasional Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

Are HT's really the last resort?

Post by Pelham123 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:34 pm

I guess its simple enough question right? I am suffering from temple loss and now minor thinning of the hairline, i first noticed loss in 2002-ish. Its bad enough that i now have to sport a grade 2 all over, but at the same time i certainly woulnt call my loss severe, and maybe isnt that noticible to those who are looking too hard, however it stresses the %&$! out of me! Hence why i am very seriously considering a HT as my regimines have not worked and possibly made matters worse.

btw i will post pics as soon as i can for your thoughts, but in the meantime what are the implications of a HT (fue in my case) when loss isnt that bad or if hair loss is (possibly) still at an early stage?

Incidently my (possibly incorrect) thinking is that if i get a small FUE HT done now (i think 1000 grafts would be enough for me), that would last a few years and fingers crossed hopefully by then we have much better solutions to the problem - HM for example.

Pelham123
Occasional Poster

Re: Are HT's really the last resort?

Post by Pelham123 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:42 pm

p.s my harline is probably slightly worse than the example that bullitnut gave for the "fue hairline example by Dr Paul Shapairo from Shapiro Medical Group"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkYHmyGp2ow
hope u dont mind me stealing this bullitnut! :-"

OverMachoGrande
Prolific Poster
Have you had a hair transplant?: Yes

Post by OverMachoGrande » Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:46 am

Hey, Pelham123!

Man, it is the WRONG MINDSET to think of hair transplants as the last resort. They are currently the only way to get new follicles to the areas where the old ones will never grow again, and they can be LIFE CHANGING.
  • "When all else fails, lie about OverMachoGrande." -observations by Jdp710
Build the most effective laser device in the world at http://www.overmachogrande.com...

Pelham123
Occasional Poster

Post by Pelham123 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:54 am

Hey OMG, good to hear from you! Sorry for my slow a$$ reply.

As i was saying before my issue is my temples and my hairline. Although my vertex/crown whole top area is a little bit diffuse, but in all honesty it kinda always has been, even when i was a teenager, and i dont think it has deterioated that much.

I actually spoke to a guy called Stephen who is the Uk rep/former patient of Dr Bisanga/BHR in belgium, whoi is someone im seriously consiering, nots sure if Stephen frequents these boards? I explained this and sent him some pictures - to save me re-wrting the conversation this is how it went:

Me -
"I am in fairly early stages of loss which is why i need to know if im a good candidate? Ive attached pictures, although my hair is quite fine(diffuse) normally, my issue is my temples and hairline, my right side is worse than my left, i personally feel that 300-500 per side would make a huge difference. Obviously due to my normally fine hair i am obviously keen to ensure my donor area is used sparingly. Please let me know what you think."

Stephen -
"Looking at them you are starting to miniaturise throughout the top of the scalp so being on medication is important to assist your hair and stabilize any loss. 300 to 400 grafts in the temple points would not be wise and would not make much difference to you. To have good quality hair there and then miniaturising on the frontal hair line would be dangerous, also in that you could lose your hair line further back and still keep the temples."

Obviously his reply frightened the life out of me! As i really really want to do something about my hairline/temples, and before its too late and before hit my mid thirties! And I really dont want to do propecia. And surely a rep wouldnt try to persuade me out of it!!!

Could i send u some pics to your old lasermessiah account for your opinion?
Thanks
Pelham123

Pelham123
Occasional Poster

Post by Pelham123 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:48 pm

p.s. omg are u still selling diodes?

FromBaldToBold
Occasional Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood V
Have you had a hair transplant?: Yes
Treatment Regimen: EXT

Post by FromBaldToBold » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:11 am

I know its been a while, just curious what did you decide to do?

JohnConnor12
Occasional Poster

Post by JohnConnor12 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:20 pm

i too have the same catechism--Are HT's really the last resort?.isn't their ant natural treatment that really works before anybody would jump to final conclusion... :wink: