After 16 years of hair loss, I FINALLY have a great head of hair! Pic of my HT at 1 year!

Open discussions of hair transplants and surgical hair restoration.

Moderator: moderators

HairLossFight.com
Site Admin
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood III Vertex
Have you had a hair transplant?: Yes

After 16 years of hair loss, I FINALLY have a great head of hair! Pic of my HT at 1 year!

Post by HairLossFight.com » Thu May 21, 2009 7:29 pm

I started losing my hair at 19. By 25 I was a Norwood 3V. My entire 20's were lost to me socially. Of course I had a social life, but I lost my confidence -- my swagger completely. At the age of 35, after two hair transplants with Dr. Wong, here is my hair line:
1 year post-op front close-up.JPG
1 year post-op front close-up.JPG (278.53 KiB) Viewed 62651 times
Mission accomplished baby. I can finally say that I am completely free of the insecurity that hair loss caused me for SO MANY years. I mean I knew it bothered the crap out of me while I was losing my hair, but I didn't realize how much. I had no idea after this many years of being a person suffering from visible hair loss and looking a decade older than I was, that doing something about it (namely my hair transplants) would give me back so much confidence. It's like a huge burden has been lifted off of my shoulders. I feel like a million bucks!

p__
Prolific Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood II A
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

Re: After 16 years of hair loss, I FINALLY have a great head of hair! Pic of my HT at 1 year!

Post by p__ » Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:14 pm

Hmmm...Sam, I'm unable to edit my post above. There is no edit button, even though I'm logged in. I just wanted to fix the end quote tag.

By the way, your hair looks great! Congratulations!

Danlalane
Treatment Regimen: LLT, Propecia, Minox

Re: After 16 years of hair loss, I FINALLY have a great head of hair! Pic of my HT at 1 year!

Post by Danlalane » Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:59 pm

Sam - out of curiosity do you have a pic of your crown? Also, do you use concealers at all?

HairLossFight.com
Site Admin

Post by HairLossFight.com » Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:14 pm

@Skiboy: I use pretty much whatever shampoo my fiancee has in the shower.... I know, could do better but...

@p__ I'll look into the edit button.

@Danlalane I stopped using concealers except when I really, really don't want any sign of hair loss. But for the most part I have stopped completely. I don't have any new pics of the crown, but I think the time has come to update my pics. I'm extremely happy with my results overall. Will try to post some new pics soon.

kamui
Seasoned Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know

Post by kamui » Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:27 pm

Looking good Sam!

How does your crown look?

amsch
Occasional Poster

Post by amsch » Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:18 pm

That's a great head of hair now, Admin! :)

Btw, i had an account some months ago. Was there some kind of forum restart/crash or something?

helpmyhair
Seasoned Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood I

Post by helpmyhair » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:07 am

Sam,

Are you using anything now to maintain what you have? I imagine you are still losing hair that wasn't transplanted, no?

HairLossFight.com
Site Admin

Post by HairLossFight.com » Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:43 am

Sorry for the late reply.

I'm using a laser messiah and 1.25mg fin per day. Seems to be holding the fort.

JohnConnor12
Occasional Poster

Post by JohnConnor12 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:15 pm

how much does it cost for HT O:)

Natasha26
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Female Pattern Baldness)
Treatment Regimen: Nanogen Scalproller
Nanogen VEGF serum
Nanogen Intervention for women
Shu Uemura Silk Bloom shampoo and conditioner
Shu Uemura Essence Absolue
Shu Uemura Cleansing Oil Shampoo
WAWAZA Aya Camellia oil
Funori Seaweed Hair powder
Omega 3 6 9+1 capsule of Evening primrose oil daily

Post by Natasha26 » Sun May 29, 2011 10:43 pm

Hello Sam, I'm a forum member since 2009 but I still can't figure my way around the forum.

I don't know how to post new topics, how to attach pics succesfully and it's really frustrating me! Can anyone help???

Finally, I love this forum because it's a very no-nonsense forum where people suffering from hair loss can support and cheer each other when the battle seems lost, at least that's how I've been feeling since I joined here.

So, very well done on this forum and to Jacob who always come to the rescue with his innovative replies and encouragement based on science. Jacob the scientific but laterly I don't hear much from him!

Cheers,
N

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Sat Jun 04, 2011 5:00 pm

There's a "New Topic" tab at the top of each section you go to...the Experimental section, or the one here- "Hair Transplants and Surgical Hair Restoration Disccusions", etc.

Pics...you can upload them to a hosting site and click on the "Img" tab above where you type when posting..and put the url of a particular pic in there. Or(and I think this works anyway) click on the "upload attachment" tab below where you're typing and add your pic file there. I can post them for you too..if you'd prefer that. PM me for my email if needed.

"Jacob the scientific" :lol: ...I was a bit frustrated when the forum went down..again...so took a break from here rather than pull out all my hair 8)

HairLossFight.com
Site Admin

Post by HairLossFight.com » Sat Jun 04, 2011 5:47 pm

Hi Natasha26

Thanks for the comment on the forum. I have to admit that for several years now, Jacob has been the hero here. My life has been consumed with things non-hair-loss-related.

Jacob, apologies for the site going down. I have no idea why it keeps happening. And when it happens, sometimes it takes a while for it to come back up. I was planning as you know to upgrade the site and the hosting but time is still so limited for me. I am working towards a new platform though as we speak. Hang in there.

Regards,
Sam

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:27 pm

:-({|=

Just kidding :lol: ...the last one I thought for sure the site was down for good. Hadn't gotten that page before when the site was down.

Natasha26
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Female Pattern Baldness)
Treatment Regimen: Nanogen Scalproller
Nanogen VEGF serum
Nanogen Intervention for women
Shu Uemura Silk Bloom shampoo and conditioner
Shu Uemura Essence Absolue
Shu Uemura Cleansing Oil Shampoo
WAWAZA Aya Camellia oil
Funori Seaweed Hair powder
Omega 3 6 9+1 capsule of Evening primrose oil daily

Post by Natasha26 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:48 am

Hi evryone,

Jacob thanks for the help I may PM you for the pic upload though.

I have started taking soy protein isolate of 80mg daily hoping to do some good to my hair but Im reading nasty thing about soy protein which is leaving me abit undecided about doing good or bad for my health.

I've been eyeing this vitamin called Omnium from Solgar since two days ago but its very expensive. It contains phytonutrients that are from soy as well, it contains green tea extracts, red wine, broccoli, and a bunch of goody things. Reviews indicate that it is used widely for after surgery recovery and chemotherapy as it really revitalise the body.

I wantto take it for my hair after I finish this one month treatment with soy protein from solgar as well.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:43 pm

Looks good. There's that combo by Freelife that is based around soy extracts..but it's MLM(multi level marketing).

There's that Renewal Antioxidants by Source Naturals. And I was looking at these that contain that Setria glutathione I've mentioned before:

http://www.holisticheal.com/new-product ... pport.html

http://www.holisticheal.com/new-product ... ement.html

DenonSten
Occasional Poster

Post by DenonSten » Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:45 am

You look great

future is with LLLT
Regular Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood VII
Treatment Regimen: 5% minoxidil 2 times daily plus 20 minutes LLLT full head device with 378 made by myself as I am an electronic engineer.

Post by future is with LLLT » Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:49 am

HT of course is the most effective way to "treat" MPB - after completion.
There is a problem if done in early stage as the hair continues to fall out.
It may have to be repeated. If money is no object than it is the very best you can do.

As MPB hits usually in teens or early 20s the guys rely on parent's funds. The may not have or may not believe in HT and that is IT.

I am bald and my son started show signs of MPB in 17yo. He wasn't so lucky to have a rich father to pay for HT but at least I was able to actually build a 432 laser diode device in my garage for him - and my son has his hair back....he was lucky that I am an electronic engineer...

I like this forum.
I see other forums where all "senior members" absolutely slam everyone even mentioning laser.
How narrow minded group of people can hinder progress is unbelievable...Reality is only one...