X5 Hair Laser

Read about and discuss general hair loss topics.

Moderator: moderators

Jacob
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

X5 Hair Laser

Post by Jacob » Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:29 am

http://www.x5hairlaser.com/

I like that it's cordless and rechargeable..and has a timer built in. Now if it only came with a hand to move it around the scalp for me while I do other things \:D/

HairLossFight.com
Site Admin
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood III Vertex
Have you had a hair transplant?: Yes

Re: X5 Hair Laser

Post by HairLossFight.com » Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:54 am

I think we're going to see all sorts of different laser products for hair flooding the market now.

Although I haven't been using my lasercomb as much as in the beginning when I got it, it definitely has worked for me. My scalp has never been healthier since I started losing hair. I no longer have folliculitis anymore. I think that's due to a combination of different things, but the lasercomb definitely played a part in that.

Sam

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:27 pm

I'm seriously considering getting one- this one would be one on my list. I just hope I'll find the time and have the patience to keep using it like one is supposed to.

HairLossFight.com
Site Admin

Post by HairLossFight.com » Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:19 pm

Did you get one Jacob?

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:47 pm

Not yet..I'm looking at some others as well. I didn't realize some of the others were also rechargeable. I remember finding a bunch a year or so ago, but they were battery operated- non-rechargeable.

James
Seasoned Poster

Post by James » Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:46 pm

Yeah, cordless is nice... right now i am using the hairmax but i like the sunetics... have you checked that one out?

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Sun Sep 09, 2007 6:33 am

Yep! That's one of them I'm interested in. They too are going for FDA approval.

OverMachoGrande
Prolific Poster

Post by OverMachoGrande » Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:21 am

I'm going to have to start administering thumbscrews on myself to make myself keep using mine. It's such a hassle to use it... I really need to get around to making a helmet.
  • "When all else fails, lie about OverMachoGrande." -observations by Jdp710
Build the most effective laser device in the world at http://www.overmachogrande.com...

Tricia
Prolific Poster

Post by Tricia » Fri Sep 14, 2007 10:54 am

Thanks OverMachoGrande. I'm going to make that laserbrush. I really am skeptical that laserbrushes work at all and I do not want to spend more than it would cost for me to make one.

FYI, if you bundle up a bunch of blue LEDs, then you've got the at-home acne LED device. I thought about making that one too...but, I'm not convinced those work either.
5% minoxidil
Multivitamin with iron

James
Seasoned Poster

Post by James » Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:46 pm

OverMachoGrande... happy to see you here!

Using a laser isn't exactly a fun thing to do but I one handedly surf the web when I am using mine, makes the time go by faster. Or you could read a book.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Sun Sep 16, 2007 7:17 am

Hey OMG, good to see you here \:D/

Check out the pictures at the bottom of his webpage btw :lol:

I'm interested in making my own "line" laser device..but it seems *cough* no one can direct me to a place that would sell me one or even how much it would be :-"

James
Seasoned Poster

Post by James » Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:16 am

OMG.. are you using the lasercat toy on one area of you scalp for an extended period of time?

If so, would this be helpful http://www.avistarentals.com/images/equ ... 959503.jpg? With a mic stand you can maneuver it around to any height/distance on your head.

This way you could just place the brush on the area you want and just sit there and then move it to another area. Of course you would have to somehow connect the brush to the end of the mic stand.

If you really got into it.. you could make several brushes and buy several mic stands and have them surrounding you with the brushes on your head. This way you could do your whole head at once. \:D/

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:14 pm

Stop giving him ideas :lol:

OverMachoGrande
Prolific Poster

Post by OverMachoGrande » Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:22 am

James... Yeah someone told me about the mic stand idea a few months ago! What's really ridiculous is that I have at least 4 mic stands being unused in a box and I didn't even think of it! lol...

And, just like I suspected, I stopped using my laser brush because it's just too time consuming to not be able to be active.... That's why I'm building a laser helmet! I'll move the laser cluster (consisting of 68 dispersed 5mW laser diodes) four times to cover the entire scalp.

I'm not sure of the time yet, but I'm going to start it at 15 minutes since it ends up being a solid hour (...a solid hour that I can still use both hands, move my head, drink coffee, talk on the phone, walk around however much the extension chord will let me, etc.). I may do the calculations to try to see the EXACT time that's required, but it will be difficult since the lasers are spread out as well as overlapping in certain areas.

Actually, I may NOT do the calculations! lol...

Jacob... FYI on the X5, I don't know for sure if this is accurate, but I've heard that the X5 lasers only rate at about 2mW each. So it could possibly be one of the least powerful ones out there! Like I said, I'm not sure if that's correct.
Build the most effective laser device in the world at http://www.overmachogrande.com...

James
Seasoned Poster

Post by James » Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:33 am

OMG, hope you had a great thanksgiving with beer and turkey, friends, fam.

How is the helmet coming along? I am getting tired of using this hairmax lasercomb since I use it for over an hour every session.

I hope you are going to make another site for the helmet like you did with the cat toy?

OverMachoGrande
Prolific Poster

Post by OverMachoGrande » Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:32 am

James... Three words: I. Love. Turkey!

I'll put up a page, but as far as "detailed" instructions, I'm not really going to do that. I'll show pictures and diagrams of how I wired it and the parts I used and where I found them, etc., but this is one of those things that if you are capable at all of doing it in the first place, you really don't need much more than a few pictures and some ideas. You know what I mean?? This is going to take a little bit more than a jig saw and some electrical tape... not MUCH more, but a little more! lol...

Right now, I'm actually about to dig through some boxes to try to find my router and a 5/16th size routing bit so I can make a sliding track on the top side-support pieces of wood that will allow for the front/back motion. Those side-support pieces will be able to slide up and down (on poles extending from wood mounted to the side of the helmet), which will allow for the up/motion. The middle support beam that snaps into the tracks at the top will have a speaker wall mount mounted to it, which will allow the angling of the cluster. I'll probably finish the helmet part before I even start on wiring the diodes (I haven't even ordered the adapter), so maybe it'd be a good idea to take a picture of that so everyone can get the idea.

I left the chuck for my drill press at my parents at Thanksgiving, so that's going to hold me up a few days while they ship it, but it should be soon before I'm done! Oh... I was going to spray paint the helmet part dark blue... but I went with metallic GOLD, baby! lol... The laser crown!

HairLossFight.com
Site Admin

Post by HairLossFight.com » Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:05 pm

Hey OMG,

I'd like to give you a page on Morphollica.com where you can place your instructions, with a link to your own site. Let me know if you want to do this. I think what you've done is fantastic!

Sam

OverMachoGrande
Prolific Poster

Post by OverMachoGrande » Fri Dec 14, 2007 3:39 am

Hey Sam!

I'd love to do that! It will be a few more weeks before I'm completely finished with my laser helmet, though, because I have to take care of a few "design issues" that I've realized after using it. Even though it works well, I need to re-design the "cluster holder" because I'm realizing now that getting even coverage is really, really hard! I have to make it more flexible so it will better fix the contour of my head, and I need to have it rest on foam spacers that keep everywhere the same distance from the scalp. I want to be able to maximize the amount of exposure -meaning that I want to push it into the 6 joules range, the "high end" of recommended energy- but right now, I have some areas closer than others (as well as some overlapping) so I'm having to shoot for the &q think some areas are accidentaly getting a lot more than that.

I'll let you guys know when I'm finished!

-O.M.G.

doke
Prolific Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood III A
Treatment Regimen: trialing scalpure with pantostin

Post by doke » Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:52 am

whats happened to the sep 08 6month x5 laser trial? i posted this a few months ago on the other site and omg wondered what the results were anyone know? 8) 8)

doke
Prolific Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood III A
Treatment Regimen: trialing scalpure with pantostin

Post by doke » Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:56 am

i love turkey we have it at christmas and easter in uk we want a thanks giving day as well :lol: