Hair Clubs: Bosley, Hair Club For Men and other options

Read about and discuss general hair loss topics.

Moderator: moderators

mrsmith
Regular Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

Hair Clubs: Bosley, Hair Club For Men and other options

Post by mrsmith » Sat May 12, 2007 12:08 pm

Can anyone explain the differences in each group and what benefits they may offer?

I haven't ordered more information, but I'm interested in a stage based solution....

Maybe something like topicals + transplants + various temp hair replacement (pieces)

I'm trying to keep my routine, but have not reordered Finasteride in a several months due to minor gyno... keeping up with minox and other hair care. Also supplementing with Fish Oil and Pomegranate.

Currently a Norwood 3-4... receeded with balding crown. Not slick anywhere but on the temples, but very diffuse now on top.

Dream Plan (finances permitting) would be to do tranplants in stages
sart with broad coverage... To thicken up hair and move away from Dermatch. Toppik doesn't bother me since it doesn't make much contact with the scalp.

Tricia
Prolific Poster

Post by Tricia » Tue May 15, 2007 2:59 pm

I do not have any direct experience with bonded hair pieces. What I post is based on what I've read in female hair loss forums on these hair club places.

Bonded hair pieces (they glue to your scalp) can be very nice looking and comfortable. You have to go in every 4 weeks to get the piece re-bonded. They cut your hair, wash your scalp, and glue the piece back on.

These hair clubs should give a free consultation. They might require a contract to use their services and can be very expensive and charge you monthly fees to cover the maintenance and new pieces throughout the year.

Sometimes, you can get a better deal with a local person (hair stylist) who knows how to work with bonded pieces. That way, you're not locked into a contract situation.

Check with clients in your area. Be sure you like what they are selling. Often times, the people working in the hair clubs have hair pieces. Look at them closely and decide if you like the way their hair looks.
5% minoxidil
Multivitamin with iron

HairLossFight.com
Site Admin
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood III Vertex
Have you had a hair transplant?: Yes

Re: Hair Clubs: Bosley, Hair Club For Men and other options

Post by HairLossFight.com » Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:33 pm

mrsmith,

Have you considered using propecia or 1/4 of a proscar once every other day. Dr. Wong from Hasson and Wong told me that even 3 times a week should be effective in keeping your hair while minimizing the possibility of side-effects like gyno.

Sam

mrsmith
Regular Poster

Post by mrsmith » Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:23 pm

Morphollica wrote:mrsmith,

Have you considered using propecia or 1/4 of a proscar once every other day. Dr. Wong from Hasson and Wong told me that even 3 times a week should be effective in keeping your hair while minimizing the possibility of side-effects like gyno.

Sam

3 times a week? I may go back to fincar or finax for that. I had thought about finax (generic finast.) taken whole 3-4 days a week or half every day.

Tricia -
Thanks. If the boding entails wearing a "piece" I think that will take me further from my goal. If it's more like a weave, then I might consider. If they do allow payments instead of lump sums, I may start gradual transplants and forget about any cosmetic weaving/bonding. I think 1500 transplants across the top would be nice and I could give a boost with continued geneci minoxodil with some fin added.

Will continue with OTC Nizoral as well.

Would the following "upgrades" prove effective:
Switch to Rogaine foam or an increased minox from Dr. Lee
Nizoral 2%

James
Seasoned Poster

Post by James » Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:13 pm

Mr. Smith,

You should also look into topical DHT inhibitors such as spiro? Since, you seem to have aggressive hair loss I would act aggressive to treat it (without going crazy of course).

In terms of hair transplants, 1500 grafts is actually a somewhat small amount. Usually a number like that would be used just the hair line area.

Good hair transplant surgeons to look into are:

Hasson and Wong - the owner of this site received a transplant from them and it looks excellent
you can check out Sam's picks here http://www.morphollica.com/editorscorner/

Dr. Rahal - I received a transplant from him and I am pleased with my results
you can check out my results here http://www.morphollica.com/hairloss_blogs/james/

Alvi Armani

Dr. Cole

thats all that I can think of right now...

Most important DO NOT GO TO BOSLEY OR MHR OR ANY OF THE "HAIR MILLS."