News!!! Intercytex: Interview with Paul Kemp

Read about and discuss general hair loss topics.

Moderator: moderators

News
Seasoned Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

News!!! Intercytex: Interview with Paul Kemp

Post by News » Thu Sep 28, 2006 6:33 am

Here's a link to an interview with Paul Kemp. Expect HM to be available in 3.5 years.

http://www.hairsite.com/intercytex-hair ... cation.htm

Tricia
Prolific Poster

Post by Tricia » Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:54 am

Thanks for posting the link. It's a good explanation of where Intercytex stands with their cell therapy.

It doesn't sound like the hair will be "good" hair. They said they are hoping for near terminal hair and there's a lot of talk about future generations of the product. He also didn't mention about offering this procedure in the UK early like they are with their facial rejuvenation product.

I'm starting to envision, fluffy, wispy hairs.....which I wouldn't pay for that. So begins my search for a hair piece.
5% minoxidil
Multivitamin with iron

News
Seasoned Poster

Post by News » Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:22 am

[quote] He also didn't mention about offering this procedure in the UK early like they are with their facial rejuvenation product.
[/quote]

Unfortunately it has just been announced that the product WILL need phase III trials in England as well. This is from an e-mail from Intercytex:

[quote] (...) for the UK and US, ICX-TRC will require more trials as it will be regulated as a medical product. Although this is frustrating, it is
good in some ways too - because the trials will clearly demonstrate that
it is safe which is really important.
Some countries will not regulate ICX-TRC as a medicine, therefore it
might reach those markets sooner. I think we are still on track for
market in 2009 provided the trials are successful.
[/quote]

As for the quality of the hair, I think it is just too early to tell. We may know more when the results of the current trials (phase II) are announced. I'm sure that eventually they will find a product that allows you to grow normal hair (but quite when this will be is anybody's guess).

News
Seasoned Poster

Post by News » Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:22 am

He also didn't mention about offering this procedure in the UK early like they are with their facial rejuvenation product.
Unfortunately it has just been announced that the product WILL need phase III trials in England as well. This is from an e-mail from Intercytex:
(...) for the UK and US, ICX-TRC will require more trials as it will be regulated as a medical product. Although this is frustrating, it is
good in some ways too - because the trials will clearly demonstrate that
it is safe which is really important.
Some countries will not regulate ICX-TRC as a medicine, therefore it
might reach those markets sooner. I think we are still on track for
market in 2009 provided the trials are successful.
As for the quality of the hair, I think it is just too early to tell. We may know more when the results of the current trials (phase II) are announced. I'm sure that eventually they will find a product that allows you to grow normal hair (but quite when this will be is anybody's guess).

Tricia
Prolific Poster

Post by Tricia » Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:04 pm

Thanks News for the update. I figured the hair thing would be regulated in the UK. It is seen as creating new hair follicles.

The facial rejuvenation thing is probably viewed as a filler treatment. Nothing new really created, only filler material injected into wrinkles. Still seems kind of dangerous though. I would wait for that one until it finished FDA trials.
5% minoxidil
Multivitamin with iron