shedding on spiro

Read about and discuss general hair loss topics.

Moderator: moderators

James

shedding on spiro

Post by James » Mon Apr 12, 2004 7:45 pm

Has anyone used spiro and shed on it... I imagine that it would cause an initial shed as many hair loss products do. I am talking about topical spiro 5%.

HairLossFight.com
Site Admin
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood III Vertex
Have you had a hair transplant?: Yes

Post by HairLossFight.com » Wed Jun 09, 2004 2:36 am

I experienced some shedding on spiro. Primarily stopped using it because of two things:

1) The smell
2) Other products were available that work in a similar manner.

I believe that spiro can be a good addition to a regimen, definitely. However, I am happy enough with the results I am getting currently without using it. I really believe a regimen should be kept simple because I think using too many products and topicals can stress the scalp causing inflammation, which can defeat the whole purpose of using the products. I believe if you are already using a good topical anti-androgen or DHT blocker, then using an additional product that does the same thing can be overkill. But I am also aware of people that are doing this and getting great results, so experimenting with your regimen can be a good thing. Just try to settle for what works for you at some point, keep things simple, and stick to your regimen. I believe this approach is very effective.

Anyway, I have strayed a bit from the original question about spiro. In short I recommend it. Any product can cause a shed initially. Spiro is no exception.

Cheers,
Sam