NanoSal and Minoxidil Shampoo from Lipoxidil

Read about and discuss general hair loss topics.

Moderator: moderators

HairLossFight.com
Site Admin
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood III Vertex
Have you had a hair transplant?: Yes

NanoSal and Minoxidil Shampoo from Lipoxidil

Post by HairLossFight.com » Wed Mar 15, 2006 3:42 pm

Pretty interesting product from Lipoxidil:

http://www.lipoxidil.com/site/alcoholfree.php

Check out the following news from their home page:
March 2006 Lipoxidil introduces a highly effective Minoxidil shampoo. Up till today shampoos were not effective in treating hairloss as they rinse off and the penetration time for active ingredients was too short. The NanoSal nanospheres solved the problem. They have bioadhesive properties and stick to the skin even after rinsing off the shampoo. Nanospheres release the active ingredient minoxidil during the next 6 hours after application. Blow-drying even further enhances the activity of nanospheres.There is no easier way to use minoxidil for men and women.Now available.

February 2006 NanoSal Minoxidil is such a overwhelming success worldwide ( now on the market in Japan ) that we have asked the University of Bonn, Germany to develop the first study of this product.This University has published the study about allergic side effects of commercial minoxidil - mentioned in our alcohol-free section.

More soon.
Pretty impressive sounding. A study to back up the claims... Most interesting. And what is REALLY interesting is the announcement about a Minoxidil Shampoo! Time for me to contact them with some questions.

Jacob
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

Post by Jacob » Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:04 pm

There are some who've tried it and have posted their experiences. Maybe they'll do so here.

I wonder if they'll use that tech to make other, non-minoxidil, products.

HairLossFight.com
Site Admin

Post by HairLossFight.com » Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:28 pm

It would be great if they would. But I'm not gonna wait! Gonna try to get my hands on some. I'm most enthused and intrigued by the idea of the shampoo!

HairLossFight.com
Site Admin

Post by HairLossFight.com » Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:41 pm

Okay, just bought some.

Basically this will be proof in the pudding for my own case. As those you of that follow my story know, I am a good responder to minox, but just about every minox product I tried has also come with unwanted inflammation. Some more than others and some not a whole lot, but all to a degree.

This is because I have an EXTREMELY sensitive scalp.

Recently a study showed that Minox itself can cause some sensitivity in some people. So for me, this shampoo is my last attempt to find a minox product that I can use long term that won't cause scalp irritation or inflammation for me.

I'll review it here after I completely use up one bottle, and if it ends up not causing problems for my scalp in terms of inflammation, I'll continue to use it.

Regards,
Sam

James

Post by James » Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:33 am

I am really happy that you are trying this product. I have considered trying this out too. The thing that has stopped me is that it I like a clean scalp before I use the lasercomb to ensure I am getting optimal results and this does not seem like the best shampoo to clean the scalp. I have read that it leaves a sticky residue or something similar on the scalp.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Thu Mar 16, 2006 7:36 am

What about their minox topical that uses the same tech? I think it's alcohol and pg free.

James

Post by James » Thu Mar 16, 2006 8:36 am

yeah, I actually have some of that. It irritates my folliculitis unfortunately.

HairLossFight.com
Site Admin

Post by HairLossFight.com » Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:16 am

I know I am getting all excited over relatively old news. But I can't help it. Most likely though I'll have the same reaction as you James, given that we both seem hypersensitive to just about any topical :roll:

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Re: NanoSal and Minoxidil Shampoo from Lipoxidil

Post by Jacob » Mon May 16, 2016 3:33 pm

8o how time flies. Lipoxidil disappeared years ago..it's a shame.

Bumping this up since it's about minoxidil shampoo. Came across this one: http://keratinmd.com/hair-growth-shampoo.html Just 1% but remember you're putting it on a hydrated scalp..and if you don't like topicals....

Polaris has had one out for awhile: http://www.polarisresearchlabs.com/nr-02.php

Neither available in the USA..but I'm sure one could order it from somewhere....

HairLossFight.com
Site Admin

Post by HairLossFight.com » Mon May 16, 2016 4:18 pm

Jacob, it's interesting that you bumped this up. Someone I was talking to recently brought up their minox shampoo and said to this day it was the best product they had used insofar as actually growing hair for them. It really is a shame that Lipoxidil disappeared as they had some great products. I think what you posted is definitely worth checking out. Thanks for posting!

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Mon May 16, 2016 5:19 pm

Some of us have wondered if they(Lipoxidil) are the ones behind Polaris/Spectral/Divine Skin(all the same company basically). They started out with ingredients we had been discussing in the forums..then the encapsulated/liposphere minoxidil....fin, dut etc. There's no evidence that it is indeed them..but it wouldn't surprise me.

I did search the company behind Lipoxidil's shampoo(Salvona) and I do not see their minoxidil shampoo mentioned anywhere. Sent them an email to see if it's something they could still do or if they have made it for anyone else who may be selling it. I noticed the Polaris NR-02 shampoo doesn't seem to contain any liposphere-type tech.

One place that may ship it to the USA: http://minoxidilsale.com/index.php?prod ... uct&did=34

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Tue May 17, 2016 4:44 am

Salvona says the minox for shampoo is still available...if anyone wants to put out such a product =D>

HairLossFight.com
Site Admin

Post by HairLossFight.com » Thu May 26, 2016 10:34 pm

Definitely going to follow up on this... Thanks Jacob!