poor looking hair

Read about and discuss general hair loss topics.

Moderator: moderators

cmh73
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

poor looking hair

Post by cmh73 » Sat Jan 14, 2006 4:41 am

hello
i have thinning hair for 10 years because of male pattern baldness (i am 32 yers old). but i have it under control. i use minoxidil + folligen ( or fabao 101 g + folligen if i can get fabao) and both works excellent for me. this regimen stops my hair loss and grows new hair. but my hair does not look good. sometimes it looks as it was when i was young but it longs 1 or 3 days. my hair generally looks poor. i am trying to solve this problem. i think that if my hair looks healthy for a few days, if i solve the problem it should look healthy always. is it because i am not using a dht blocker or my regimen is not strong enough? what can i do? if you have an opinion please help me.
thanks.
rogaine 5% 2 times a day, folligen spray each morning, lasercomb 3 times a week

James

Post by James » Sat Jan 14, 2006 6:22 am

You said "i use minoxidil + folligen ( or fabao 101 g + folligen if i can get fabao)"

does that mean when you get the fabao you stop the minoxidil and use fabao instead?

cmh73

Post by cmh73 » Sat Jan 14, 2006 12:50 pm

yes, when i get fabao, i stop using minoxidil anda use fabao instead. it is stronger than minoxidil ( or works for me). but it still doesn't solve my problem. my hair is not healthy enough.

James

Post by James » Sun Jan 15, 2006 1:30 am

Fabao does not contain minoxidil and minoxidil is supposed to be used consistently twice everyday. Stopping minoxidil and using Fabao does not seem like a good idea due to the simple fact that it does not contain minoxidil. I would recommend always using the minoxidil, you can get it really cheap (especially at places like ebay). The topicals that you are using contain alcohol with can dry out the hair and make it look unhealthy. A dht blocker seems like it could be to your benefit because people seem to have the most successfull regimens when they simultaneously block DHT and stimulate the hair follicles (using propecia and minoxidil is an example of this).

If I were you I would look into Propecia (finasteride) or topicals such as spironolactone and Revivogen.

cmh73

Post by cmh73 » Sun Jan 15, 2006 11:36 am

yes fabao does not contain minoxidil but i have been battling hair loss for 7 years. i had started with rogaine 5% it had stopped my hairloss, but after 1 year hair shedding started again and i looked for another treatment instead of minoxidil. fabao 101 d had worked for me, after several years, hair shedding started again and i started using fabao 101 g. believe me it works for me better than minoxidil. but minoxidil is also good enough if i use it with folligen.
i believe that minoxidil is not the strongest stimulator.

but as you mentioned, because of the alcohol in both product, i have terrible looking hair. whenever i stopped using fabao my hair looked great (as when i was young) for 1 or 2 week but hair shedding was starting after a while and hair was terrible again. so i guess the alcohol is the reason. i hoped that folligen would be a solution but it was not. folligen is a great stimulator if i use it with rogaine or fabao but it did not much helped for my hairs look. i have been using lasercomb for 2 months. it made some difference but i guess i must wait for some more months to see what will happen. i started revivogen this week also. i hope it helps.

(I had used cheap minoxidil (kirkland 5%) but it was not strong as rogaine
hair shedding started again,however i gave them to a friend and he says it stopped his hairloss, i guess they are not the same quality of rogaine)

should i use B-50 complex and omega-3 pills? would they make difference? and is there any product to prevent my hair dry out because of alcohol in rogaine?
thanks for your help.

Tricia
Prolific Poster

Post by Tricia » Sun Jan 15, 2006 2:18 pm

When I first noticed my that my hair was thinning (and prior to using minoxidil), the quality of my hair suffered. It began to look frizzy and dead. This is part of the thinning process.

I know a few people with thinning hair that do not treat it at all and the overall quality of their hair is poor. So, I think the poor looking hair is mostly the result of the pattern baldness and not the remedies that you're using.

It does help the appearance of your hair if you dye it. You don't have to use a harsh dye. The temporary ones that wash out after 25 washes will do the trick. The dye makes your hair appear thicker and shinier.
5% minoxidil
Multivitamin with iron