So many options but nothing works very well!

Read about and discuss general hair loss topics.

Moderator: moderators

hotdillon

So many options but nothing works very well!

Post by hotdillon » Sat Jan 10, 2004 2:37 am

I'm new to this forum so I thought I should into myself a bit and talk about what I think of the current treatments.

I'm 31 years old and my hair loss is starting to get to the point where I can't face women very well. My bald spot is about 3 inches and my hair line is very receded.

I'm using rogaine right now, but considering topical spironolactone to counter the DHT. I have tried propecia and folligen, but I don't think either of these really did much for me. I'm sure they work better for others though, but no luck for me. The only thing that seems to work is rogaine.

There are so many different treatments now like fluridil, revivogen, crinagen, something called DIM, TB4, Xandrox, t-flav, zix, and a million others. But I have not noticed anyone saying that they are satisfied with their results.

I think for now I'll just stick with rogaine (and maybe order the spiro) to try to keep the last few wisps of my hair.

Armando
Regular Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

Post by Armando » Tue Jan 13, 2004 1:33 am

Hi Blimpo;

I believe all treatments can have positive effects on certain people. Unfortunately this has not been your case. In my opinion it prevention is always better than cure. You are indicating yourself that:

"I think for now I'll just stick with rogaine (and maybe order the spiro) to try to keep the last few wisps of my hair."

If you had tried to preserved your hair from the beginning, you would have selected a product to act in a preventive way, and propecia, minox, and so many others, should not be considered as preventive ones.

By the way, which product in the market could be considered as a preventive one? What do you think? I think that one of the premises it should accomplish would be the non-existence of side-effects.

Best regards,

Armando

hotdillon

Post by hotdillon » Wed Jan 14, 2004 11:31 pm

Hi Armando:

Thanks for your reply. Do you mean that I should or should not use rogaine and propecia?

What preventative treatments are you talking about? Rogaine and propecia are supposed to be mainly preventative from what I know about them.

Thanks in advance.

hotdillon

Post by hotdillon » Fri Jan 16, 2004 8:03 am

Blimpo,

Min+Fin+(maybe lasercomb). Just stay consistent unless you are allergic to something. Even if you still lose your hair you can at least slow the progression. Don't worry about sheds.

Armando
Regular Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

Preventive treatments

Post by Armando » Wed Jan 21, 2004 2:15 am

Hi

I believe that preventive treatments should work on the triggering cause of alopecia process. In my opinion sebum problems are the ones that start the process, then the products that avoid the detention of the natural sebum flow should be considered as preventive ones.

The use of a product such as Jojoba Oil could be useful in this sense.

Armando

hotdillon

Post by hotdillon » Thu Jan 22, 2004 9:05 pm

a while ago I was so worried that my treatments were making my hair lsos worse but I think at least it hs slowed down. I think the treatments that magneto mentioned are probably the best ones. now I also think I might get revivogen.