Question for u people.

Read about and discuss general hair loss topics.

Moderator: moderators

Sumarian
Occasional Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

Question for u people.

Post by Sumarian » Sun Feb 06, 2005 1:01 am

An uncle told me last night, that curly haired men are more prone to lose hair then straight haired men. I would like to ask everyone who is thinning if u have straight hair or curly hair and when u started to lose ur hair and at what stage u are.

I haven't read anything to support this theory. However i am interested in its correlation with hairloss. Thanks guys and girls.

cassin
Occasional Poster

Post by cassin » Sun Feb 06, 2005 5:58 am

No it's not true. It's one of the countless hairloss myths.

The only thing remotely close to that theory is total haircounts by haircolor.

Blond people have more hairs, red heads the least. I think the difference is around 10k hairs.

Amazing eh?

Generally, you will find the older the person, the less science in hairloss beliefs and greater the myths.

Except for the young guys on forums who buy into the SLS shampoo BS.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Sun Feb 06, 2005 3:06 pm

Except for the young guys on forums who buy into the SLS shampoo BS.

I'm not sure what you mean by that. Those of us with MPB or who are heading that way should do whatever they can to slow down and even halt and reverse the process. SLS may not cause MPB but it may not help either. At least one study shows it has a negative affect on SOD levels when applied to skin. Most shampoo's contain more SLS then in the study and they're usually used daily if not more.

There are products out there with SLS..not a bad idea to use them instead

HairLossFight.com
Site Admin
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood III Vertex
Have you had a hair transplant?: Yes

Post by HairLossFight.com » Sun Feb 06, 2005 8:38 pm

Hey Cassin, I don't think anyone here is suggesting that SLS causes hair loss...(if that's what you meant). But I do think it makes sense to limit one's exposure to potentially harmful ingredients if good alternatives are available (such as Revivogen shampoo for instance).

Cheers,
Sam

Tricia
Prolific Poster

Post by Tricia » Mon Feb 07, 2005 5:49 pm

Sumarian,

When hair begins the miniaturization process, some of the hair kind of turns into corkscrew looking hair. This is very antecdotal, but I noticed that my brother's hair texture turned from wavy to very curly when his hair loss accelerated.

I think hair loss is turning into a problem for everybody. Straight, wavy, curly...it doesn't matter :?
5% minoxidil
Multivitamin with iron

cassin
Occasional Poster

Post by cassin » Tue Feb 08, 2005 5:58 pm

Well on some sites they are clearly convinced as such.

Regardless, I have been around these sites long enough to have know I should have stated that I was not speaking about anyone here.

/shuffles away

:)

Armando
Regular Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)

Post by Armando » Wed Feb 09, 2005 2:32 am

IMHO persons with dense hair, thick hair, long hair are less proned to develop common baldness. The shape of hair could be important in hair loss.

My theory is that the trigger of common baldness in men and women is the same: Problems in sebum flow. later there is more processes laike imbalance in androgens, inflamatory proceses, problems in immunity, etc.

Tonsure is a antique practice to develop bald spots, but is only possible in the areas of the head that don't touch with the pillow. The contact of the head and pillow when we sleep is the natural way to pull out the sebum oxicidated. Sebum is vital for hair growth (pilosebaceosu system), and then is created and eliminatec continously, due to its inestablility.This is the reason that the hairs of sides of head don't lost.

If you are interest, please visit:
http://www.againstalopeciaandbaldness.com

Best regards
Armando