Thinking about getting Revivogen instead of Propecia

Read about and discuss general hair loss topics.

Moderator: moderators

kakarot
Seasoned Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

Thinking about getting Revivogen instead of Propecia

Post by kakarot » Fri Feb 04, 2005 10:41 am

Hey Sam, the Crinagen I have been using doesnt seem to do the trick, Im still losing hair. I am thinking about getting revivogen but, its expensive, my question is should I purchuse the combo pack or just get the main stuff by itself. I know you save money on the combo pack but its also over 100 bucks. I dunno if the shampoo is really necessary for the product to work. But I just want to get the main product so I dont have to spend too much money. Also I am really really trying to avoid getting propecia or proscar. Im sure they are good products, Im just afraid to start them, cause im young and I know once you take them you cant stop, and I have a bad habit of not taking pills everyday. So doing whatever I can to avoid getting it but if my hair loss gets worse I have no choice. Also what do you think about the laser comb? I am thinking about just getting a laser comb and not even bother with other products. But like most people Im sketchy about the whole idea. I know one person on here admitted to using the laser comb and how it helped him out but then again what if its just some people working for the company trying to sell another comb? I dunno, I figure I wait until you get it to tell us if it really works. But you said you also saw it on a tv documentary and I know they wouldnt lie. At least Id hope so, I just hate dealing with this problem at such a young age and all I want is to get rid of the problem, if the laser comb can do it, then I would bend over backwards just to get one.

sjm
Occasional Poster

Post by sjm » Fri Feb 04, 2005 11:36 am

Hello kakarot,

You mention that someone in this forum admits to using the lasercomb, I think that is me! I guarantee you that I have nothing to do with their company. Just like you I was losing the battle with hair loss and have tried a lot of things over the last 30 or so years! I can tell you that I was skeptical just like you. The first couple of times using the lasercomb my hair felt so much thicker. After a few times that thickness kind of went away? Then I started to shed for the next 4 to 5 months but after reading other posts on their forum I stuck with it. In the last month or so (after 8 months of use) the shedding has decreased and I have NEW hair in my temple, forehead area. Also, some on my crown. What I am hoping now is that all the shedding, that was probably going to fall out anyway, is being replaced with stronger thicker hair. I can go on and on but please believe me when I say I am a normal person (software engineer) that doesn't have anything to do with any "hair" company. I know how depressing it can be and I am just trying to help others that felt like me. Don't get me wrong, the lasercomb has not been a miracle in that it gave me a full head of hair, but it has stopped the hair loss and I'm growing some new hair. That in itself is a miracle for me!

My regimen: Lasercomb, Propecia, Rogaine 5%, hairstimulator device, Nisim shampoo, Lysine 500 mg, healthy diet, and exercise

HairLossFight.com
Site Admin
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood III Vertex
Have you had a hair transplant?: Yes

Re: Thinking about getting Revivogen instead of Propecia

Post by HairLossFight.com » Fri Feb 04, 2005 8:22 pm

kakarot wrote:Hey Sam, the Crinagen I have been using doesnt seem to do the trick, Im still losing hair. I am thinking about getting revivogen but, its expensive, my question is should I purchuse the combo pack or just get the main stuff by itself. I know you save money on the combo pack but its also over 100 bucks. I dunno if the shampoo is really necessary for the product to work. But I just want to get the main product so I dont have to spend too much money. Also I am really really trying to avoid getting propecia or proscar. Im sure they are good products, Im just afraid to start them, cause im young and I know once you take them you cant stop, and I have a bad habit of not taking pills everyday. So doing whatever I can to avoid getting it but if my hair loss gets worse I have no choice. Also what do you think about the laser comb? I am thinking about just getting a laser comb and not even bother with other products. But like most people Im sketchy about the whole idea. I know one person on here admitted to using the laser comb and how it helped him out but then again what if its just some people working for the company trying to sell another comb? I dunno, I figure I wait until you get it to tell us if it really works. But you said you also saw it on a tv documentary and I know they wouldnt lie. At least Id hope so, I just hate dealing with this problem at such a young age and all I want is to get rid of the problem, if the laser comb can do it, then I would bend over backwards just to get one.
Kakarot, this site is DEDICATED to helping all of us find the best treatments to use for hair loss. I would never say anything here that was not true or that I didn't believe. I very easily could turn this site into an engine to make a lot of money by being unsrcupulous, but that would go against everything I believe. I hate hair loss and anything that I can do to help people find the best method of fighting their own hair loss, I'll do.

Anyway, I do want to get my hands on the lasercomb. Looks like I'm going to have to buy one though as the company doesn't get back to me when I ask them for one to review here... That'll be a while (need to save up! :)). The documentary that I spoke about in which they had a guy using the lasercomb was a Dateline NBC show. It was miraculous growth or anything, but the results were pretty good nevertheless.

As for Revivogen, I think you're making a smart choice to try it and see if it works for you. I liked it a lot. Don't bother with the pack that has the shampoo. You should get the one that comes with three of the scalp-therapy bottles. Use it sparingly. I think it's a great alternative to Propecia and internal DHT inhibitors. And you're right, there's no need to use the internals unless the topicals don't work for you. Keep us posted!

Thanks,
Sam

kakarot
Seasoned Poster

Post by kakarot » Fri Feb 04, 2005 9:22 pm

Hey, Sam I know your trying to help us all. Believe me, I trust you and your word. As far as the laser comb guy, I believe him too, but I hope that since I am young and early in losing my hair, that the laser comb can put me back to what I looked like 2 years ago. I am just saying I hope it can. Not expecting nothing more. As far as Revivogen, I will get those bottles and use them until I get a laser comb.

Question for the laser comb guy if he reads this: Do you suggest I continue the use of Topicals such as Minox, in conjunction with the use of a laser comb? Or would I get the same results on the laser comb alone? Just curious. Thanks

And for you Sam, I put a posts that has a link to this site that could have herbal remedies that might help your hair. I dunno if you think its sketchy but I dont think it is. You should at least check it out. But thanks for the advise everyone!