Receding hairline at 23? HELP

Read about and discuss general hair loss topics.

Moderator: moderators

lordy100
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

Receding hairline at 23? HELP

Post by lordy100 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:47 am

Hi, I just turned 23 and for the past few years have noticed my hairline falling back :( can you tell me if it looks like balding, or mature hairline? and what stage its at? As far as I can tell my crown is okay still, thanks

future is with LLLT
Regular Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood VII
Treatment Regimen: 5% minoxidil 2 times daily plus 20 minutes LLLT full head device with 378 made by myself as I am an electronic engineer.

Re: Receding hairline at 23? HELP

Post by future is with LLLT » Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:30 am

Hi
Your photos look great, I guess you have an asset to worry about... .
Let's talk seriously as if it is not a joke of yours.
Look at your dad and if he shows any sign of MPB then you might start to worry.
There are so many types of reseeding hair lines that can go so slowly that in your fifties yours will be just a few cm higher. I wouldn't worry about this one.
If somebody in your family DOES have MPB then I would watch your hairline vigilantly and act as soon as you are positive you lose hair.

You mentioned your hair line "falling back in last few years"- from exactly what line did it fall back? was it right above your eye brows? just joking...

Google LLLT if you are still worried. Or I can tell you more....next time

cheers

lordy100
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know

Post by lordy100 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:44 am

Thanks for replying, on my mothers side her father went fully bald when he was young, he literally only has a small ring around his head left with hair, My father is 59 and still has a decent head of hair but does have quite a lot of recession at the front. My brother is 20 and has no signs at all of any recession.

On this picture I have dotted where my hairline was roughly 4-5 years ago and you can see how much it has moved.

future is with LLLT
Regular Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood VII
Treatment Regimen: 5% minoxidil 2 times daily plus 20 minutes LLLT full head device with 378 made by myself as I am an electronic engineer.

Post by future is with LLLT » Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:12 pm

Your brother is 3 years younger so he may follow son in unlucky...MPB is like Russian roulette - in the and the last chamber comes...

In your case it may be good if you use LLLT device combined with DHT blockers and if you don't have any reaction to Minoxidil - as well. These 3 ingredients are most powerful available and must be used TOGETHER.

The weakest point comes to LLLT - there are so may %&$! products on the market it is not funny.
Never buy laser combs - totally useless. Larger units are in your case overkill. Difficult advice indeed. Can you build one by yourself? Do you know anyone with electronic background? It is not that difficult.....I would suggest a long strip covering the lost hair and hairline in its length and 30mm deep - 3 rows of laser diodes 5mW spaced 10mm apart. It would be a piece of art as it is not straight shape..

Try first find someone close to help you first - and if you don't find anyone then come back to me I can make one "to measure"..but it will take some time as I am retired and travel next month.