WARNING

Read about and discuss general hair loss topics.

Moderator: moderators

xonflame
Occasional Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Have you had a hair transplant?: No
Treatment Regimen: Medical Grade Minoxidil 5%+Azeliac Acid 15%

WARNING

Post by xonflame » Wed May 08, 2013 10:16 pm

Kirkland , Ds Labarotaries & Rogain Minoxidil preparations all contain PROPYLENE GLYCOL which is a severe skin irritant , and will damage & kill skin cells causing severe skin burning, redness & peeling . As well as hindering or even stopping your minoxidal treatment and stopping your hair growth & regrowth . Continued use of these products containing PROPYLENE GLYCOL will cause u to eventually develop an alergy to it as well as kidney & liver damage ! I ONLY USE MEDICAL GRADE MINOXIDIL 5% + AZELAIC ACID 15% preperations that can be safeley bought on eBay . They cost a bit more but they work so much better with no nasty side-effects .
I was completely bald on top for over 20 years and after using Rogain for approx 12 months ,and to my amazement & delight I was sprouting a full thick head of hair until I developed an allergy . Without any warning , my whole scalp turned red RAW AND THROBBED PAINFULLY FOR THREE DAYS . A WEEK LATER , THICK LAYERS OF MY SCALP SKIN PEELED OFF IN THE SHOWER RIGHT DOWN TO ALMOST RAW MEAT AND ALMOST BLEEDING.. Needless to say , I also lost all my new hair on top as well !!!... I had to wear a hat for over a week . I gave up using minoxidil for over a year but have been using the Medical Grade Minoxidil mentioned abovefor a couple of months now without any problems and my hair is starting to regrow back again to my delight again . I also use FOLTENE .My body is very reactive & I'm a very quick healer and maybe its just me that had the terrifying reaction described above , but I just thought I would post this warning to others like me . But in the final analysis , you can do what you want !!!!
PS:- I also use a sparingly application of Retinol A every night after washing & drying thouroughly and the Minox every morning . The Retinol A increases the Minox absorbtion, penetration & efficacy by at least 3 times so theres no need to use Minox 12.5% ...as well as rejuventaing your scalp . Research it - you'll see . Or not and stay bald . Who cares really wot you do lol .Copy n paste this link :-
http://thegoodhuman.com/2009/03/31/what ... -avoid-it/
UPDATE :-I've been using Rogain Foam 5% for a couple of days now with no adverse reactions or discomfort . This Rogain 5% Foam does not contain Propylene Glycol and is safe to use ..for me anyway .