Newbie scared & need advice

Read about and discuss general hair loss topics.

Moderator: moderators

Alexsilver1985
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood III Vertex
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

Newbie scared & need advice

Post by Alexsilver1985 » Wed May 01, 2013 6:17 pm

Hi guys
I'm new to this forum.
I've been suffering hair loss for around 2 years now but in the last 6months it's really become noticeable. I am receding at the temples & getting the shiny penalty spot at the crown. My dad has the same pattern but he started much later around 40yrs old and I'm only 27.

I tried a product from Kerestase which was some droplets which have good results first but then the 2nd time (6months later) nothing.

I put my head in the sand I thought it would go away but it's just getting worse and now really starting to get me down. I am a very confident person and have a sales job where image is quite important but I can feel my confidence slipping away. People at work starting to comment "bloody hell where is your hair going, you will be bald in no time" "Christ ur getting balder by the day". My confidence laughs it off but deep down its eating away at me.

A friend of mine had good results on propecia but I'm scared of the side effects.

1 month ago I visited a hair restoration clinic to look at my options (even thought about surgery) I ended up purchasing a package which I thought was going to solve my problems. I have been put on LLLT once a week for 3months, I take Kirkland 5% minoxidil 1ml twice daily & the herbal tablet saw palmetto once daily.

I have now had 4 sessions of LLLT been using minoxidil for 4 weeks. I have scared myself by reading up on minoxidil & LLLT. Loads of people saying
"it doesn't work"
"I've started to shed after 3months and now won't stop shedding its ruined my life"
"if I stop now I will have a massive shed so I can't stop"

I think I am shedding now, my hair is coming out more than normal when I shampoo.

What have I got myself into? Should I continue with the LLLT & minoxidil or stop immediately before its too late.

How can I stop thinning & start regrowth? (I know that's the million dollar question lol)

Would really appreciate some advice as I am too embarrassed to ask any of my friends or family.

xonflame
Occasional Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Treatment Regimen: Medical Grade Minoxidil 5%+Azeliac Acid 15%

Re: Newbie scared & need advice

Post by xonflame » Mon May 13, 2013 6:07 am

Hi Newbie , Clinics are a rip-off . Cut your hair short & Sart using the good stuff not the cheap n nasty stuff , in the morning use Rogain Foam 5% strictly as per instructions (NOT THE LIQUID COZ IT CONTAINS PROPYLENE GLYCOL) and at night after you wash your hair with a sulfate free shampoo (Argan Oil Shampoo is good)use a tiny bit of Retinol Cream 0.05% to 0.1% -a pea sized amount should cover your whole head -but only when your hair and head are really dry at least an hour drying time. If your scalp gets too dry , use the Retinol every second day etc .Then the next morning , rinse off your head (shampooing not necessary) and use the Rogain Foam . Repeat every day of course . You wil experience some shedding , then vellus hairs will grow through then the real terminal hairs will grow after the papilla rests . This procees will take minutes but whole process of regrowing your hair will take months .It's different with every person . Read my recent post titled "WARNING" . Hope this helps . Also , the more you worry and stress about it , the wose your hairloss will get . There's nothing macho about going bald !

julieko
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know

Post by julieko » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:28 pm

Take it easy. I think you can try Chinese traditional treatment, it is said that Chinese traditional treatment is very useful. You should have a good rest in your everyday life. And pay more attention to your daily diet. Do sports more often. Keep a good mood everyday.

rachel.g82
Occasional Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know

Post by rachel.g82 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:37 am

jersenhkaty wrote:Avoid the stress and the hassle. Keep calm and consult a doctor.
I 100% guarantee. Consulting your physician is always a good decision.