Depression from Hair Loss

Read about and discuss general hair loss topics.

Moderator: moderators

celticsfan11
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

Depression from Hair Loss

Post by celticsfan11 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:08 am

Apparently it's a pretty natural thing that happens with most males. Good to know we're not alone. http://www.nehair.com/blog/2013/03/25/t ... air-123632

kerryvis
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know

Re: Depression from Hair Loss

Post by kerryvis » Wed May 01, 2013 3:57 am

Oh really thanks for this info.

millsnfanny

Post by millsnfanny » Thu May 16, 2013 7:03 am

It can also be in reverse, I mean hairloss caused by depression. :) What do you guys do about this?

shinning_like_me
Regular Poster

Post by shinning_like_me » Thu May 23, 2013 3:42 am

Hair loss for male being common is not looked down but hair loss for woman is not accepted well by all females and than the chances of deep depression are more but that is ok

"HAIR TODAY GONE TOMMOROW"

cindy07
Regular Poster

Post by cindy07 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:39 pm

Absolutely it does. My advice: take care of yourself. Eat right, exercise, and nurture your soul. Find a way to relax and "turn off your brain". Try Yoga or Belly Dancing. Something spiritually stimulating. Or maybe meditation? If that isn't your thing, try the gym.some people with salt and pepper hair when under great fear and stress used to lose their dark hair, the gray hair remained and that created the illusion of their hair turned white overnight.Find a way to care for your soul and nurture yourself.

rightsmith
Regular Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood IV A
Treatment Regimen: Hair transplant in India | Punjab | Ludhiana

Post by rightsmith » Sat Apr 04, 2015 4:24 am

Yes, That's right, The major reason behind the hair loss problems is due to Depression or stress. which leads to the hair loss problems, which is also known as Alopecia.

AlexieJ

Post by AlexieJ » Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:19 pm

This is true! I know few people who had depression because of hair loss. If that's the case anyone who suffers from this condition should talk to a psychologist to get help. This may sounds shallow for some but this is reality and some people really experience this.

Harris12

Post by Harris12 » Wed May 11, 2016 8:04 am

I think someone shouldn’t be depressed because of any hair Losses issues, it’s a kind of natural issue which has no such bad effects on someone’s health. As a Hair loss technician, I have seen many people in our clinic with happy life and enjoying their life with Baldness hair : )

MoodyK
Occasional Poster

Post by MoodyK » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:42 pm

I can understand why people tend to get depressed when they begin to battle hair loss. Both me and my husband have been there, luckily we had each other so we were able to help one another through it. However, if you are going through it alone, I can totally see how it might get you down. That being said, I wish someone had told me back then that there was no use getting depressed about something so trivial because there was still so much of life left for me to enjoy.

If you're reading this now I would implore you to keep your chin up and do your best to stay positive, because there is so much more to smile about.

*from someone who has been where you are now \:D/

EugeniaCole

Post by EugeniaCole » Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:53 am

Great sharing :)

jyotiak

Post by jyotiak » Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:59 am

Hair loss is quite a common problem faced by men and women these days and due to this many people sank into a serious depression. It’s better to take a healthy diet and consult a doctor on time to avoid such problem. It is advised to know the root cause of hair fall rather taking stress and being depressed.