Be HONEST...are hair pieces REALLY that bad & a hassle? In other words, does it "SUCK" to wear one?

Read about and discuss general hair loss topics.

Moderator: moderators

kenz9
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood III Vertex
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

Be HONEST...are hair pieces REALLY that bad & a hassle? In other words, does it "SUCK" to wear one?

Post by kenz9 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:07 pm

I'm at around a Norwood III-IV and am 25. I really wouldn't mind being bald at 40-50, but not in my 20's :(

So with that being said, I want to take the plunge. There aren't really any 'established' places besides Farrell and Hair Club for Men --- which I heard were nightmares. Now I have a few questions and would appreciate COMPLETE honesty:

1) First and foremost, does it suck? In other words, are you CONSTANTLY thinking about it? I knew the glue/tape is supposedly very secure, but surely you've thought of it falling off, has it ever happened to you? Is it really a huge hassle?

2) What do you do, if you're like me, and you're super-active and sweat a lot. I mean if I go for a workout at the gym, does it "ruin" the piece of I sweat a lot? Can't I just shower and not have to remove, change, alter it?

3) How do you deal with your friends/roommates/SO's? Do they know, do some know, do any know? If I live with three roommates, is it inevitable they know?

4) This might be the hardest question to answer or the easier one and that is...is it worth it? Is there any advantage of a piece (besides cost) over a surgury?

5) What would you recommend a beginner do or start?

***Last question only applies to the younger guys***

6) How did you guys in your 20s (30s even) deal with it?

Thanks again guys, I really appreciate your help with and am GLAD I found people who can relate to this.

kenz9
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood III Vertex

Re: Be HONEST...are hair pieces REALLY that bad & a hassle? In other words, does it "SUCK" to wear one?

Post by kenz9 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:01 pm

bump

jmgramke
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Treatment Regimen: minoxidil and laser comb

Re: Be HONEST...are hair pieces REALLY that bad & a hassle? In other words, does it "SUCK" to wear one?

Post by jmgramke » Tue May 21, 2013 7:07 pm

just punch ur friends in the face if they say %&$!. then %&$! on their car