Hair Transplant Scar Repair - Need Desperate Advise / Options

Read about and discuss general hair loss topics.

Moderator: moderators

VinceMC
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

Hair Transplant Scar Repair - Need Desperate Advise / Options

Post by VinceMC » Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:26 pm

Please Let me know your Suggestions -

This was a procedure done on me at age 21.
He Went Right Up the sides on each side. At that age, Its not fair.

At age 32, The Sides have receded Fast, the original HT is almost done, and I am desperately searching for a viable solution to hiding the scar.

I walk around like this Every Day in Front of People. AT work.

I am a fairly strong person, and I am confident, but my dream is to be able to just get this scar to the level where it isn't so noticeable or doesn't stand out as much.. The left side the scar healed well, and am able to camoflauge it with some Micro pigmentation so its not so noticeable. The right side is very bad, that side did not heal very well and very noticeable even with Micropigementations. The micropigmentations do not Go "Into" the scar. The back part of the scar is probably the Worst part.

If anyone has any suggestions, options or solutions - It would be greatly appreciated ! Truthfully !

Thank You.

-Vince
madhatter607@gmail.com
Attachments
Good_Picture_1_1.jpg
Good_Picture_1_1.jpg (118.03 KiB) Viewed 27534 times

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Re: Hair Transplant Scar Repair - Need Desperate Advise / Options

Post by Jacob » Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:04 pm

Besides getting other opinions from other Dr's etc...maybe that hair-dot tattoo deal? : http://www.odditycentral.com/news/who-n ... tooed.html

jamesward621
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood III Vertex
Treatment Regimen: I have only had micro scalp pigmentation, no further treatments are being used.

Post by jamesward621 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:27 am

Hi Vince,

My name is James, i had been going through virtually the identical situation as you where i was battling a previous hair transplant scar! If you havent already made a decision or are still contemplating one, i would strongly advise getting Micro- scalp pigmentation, maybe the clinic you used didnt go deep enough into the scar to make it less visable? All i can do really is show you my results and see what you think of them, i hope it helps you. The clinic was vinci hair clinic on wigmore street somewhere im not sure of the number but its in london. You should have a look at them.

Best of luck

James

VinceMC wrote:Please Let me know your Suggestions -

This was a procedure done on me at age 21.
He Went Right Up the sides on each side. At that age, Its not fair.

At age 32, The Sides have receded Fast, the original HT is almost done, and I am desperately searching for a viable solution to hiding the scar.

I walk around like this Every Day in Front of People. AT work.

I am a fairly strong person, and I am confident, but my dream is to be able to just get this scar to the level where it isn't so noticeable or doesn't stand out as much.. The left side the scar healed well, and am able to camoflauge it with some Micro pigmentation so its not so noticeable. The right side is very bad, that side did not heal very well and very noticeable even with Micropigementations. The micropigmentations do not Go "Into" the scar. The back part of the scar is probably the Worst part.

If anyone has any suggestions, options or solutions - It would be greatly appreciated ! Truthfully !

Thank You.

-Vince
madhatter607@gmail.com
Attachments
Scar before and after 001 cn.JPG
Scar before and after 001 cn.JPG (151.87 KiB) Viewed 27236 times
Scar before and after cn.JPG
1 after pic
Scar before and after cn.JPG (152.57 KiB) Viewed 27240 times
Scar before and after 001 (12).JPG
Before
Scar before and after 001 (12).JPG (167.45 KiB) Viewed 27236 times

cindy07
Regular Poster

Post by cindy07 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:09 am

Hair transplant procedures that exclusively use follicular units leave no visible scarring in the recipient area. In Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT), there is a single thin line in the donor area where the strip was removed.Hair transplant scars are an unfortunate and unavoidable by-product of hair restoration surgery. The type of scarring depends on the method of surgery, however the most common are linear scars to the back of the head following cheaper strip method procedures, small dots following hair-by-hair FUE surgery and larger plug scars following outdated techniques used in the 70′s and 80′s.