does this sound like diffuse AA? home remedies?

Read about and discuss general hair loss topics.

Moderator: moderators

dariush11214
Hair Loss Type: Alopecia Areata
Have you had a hair transplant?: No
Treatment Regimen: molasses

does this sound like diffuse AA? home remedies?

Post by dariush11214 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:13 pm

Hey all. I'm a 33-year-old male. Last year was extremely stressful. I was depressed, hyperventilating at night, lots of crying. At the same time a very high platelet count in a blood test got me a call from the doctor, who put my immune system on watch. Around this time I noticed I was losing more hair than usual in the shower. The hair on my sides also rapidly turned white.

A year later my immune system is back to normal and my emotional health is a lot better than it was last year. Several months ago I felt a range of very small hairs - a few millimeters - all over my head, which I assume are those lost hairs growing back. Problem is, they've been stuck at this stage since they came back. I still have plenty of hair, but for what it's worth, I'd like to get these guys back in the game as well.

Questions: does this sound like diffuse alopecia areata? If not, what does it sound like? Can you recommend any home treatments? I don't want to resort to steroid injections and medicine unless there's absolutely no other options.

Thanks so much in advance.