@ Jacob - What is the best product to regenerate hair

Read about and discuss general hair loss topics.

Moderator: moderators

The Portal
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood II
Have you had a hair transplant?: No
Treatment Regimen: N/A

@ Jacob - What is the best product to regenerate hair

Post by The Portal » Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:29 am

First Post:

Hello Guys and Girls,

I would like to start of by saying hello and what a wonderful site, I'm 36 years of age and have only just really started losing my hair,I have writen 1 year but really it is more like 5-6 months and falling out pretty rapidly. Like most everybody I'm vain about my hair because I think it is the first thing everybody really notices about you.

A friend of mine has just spent around 3000 euro on hair transplant here in Prague, and that was for only 800 hair transplants taken from the back of his head.

Now for me this is way too much money for such a minuscule amount. I have been reading posts for a few hours today and noticed that Jacob seems to be the main man to speak to about hair loss. (Hence why my post is directed to him) but I think many others would be interested in what his thoughts are.

My question is: what would be the top 5 (if there is such) products to regenerate hair growth. From what I have read pretty much everybody is saying that what they have used or are using helps to stop the hair from falling out and the shampoo's help to thicken the hair. This is great news, but I want my hair back.

I saw an advert today and I have read a thread about Dercos Neogenics by L'Oreal. I was wondering if anybody would have information on this apart from this post by yanyan911

link:
http://www.hairlossfight.com/forums/vie ... php?t=2619

The reason why I say apart from this post is because there isn't too much info and the link within this post does not work for myself:

http://www.leparisien.fr/societe/bie...12-2083376.php

Here is an excerpt from the post
" The treatment was tested in the SABOURAUD center in Paris, so there is real clinical backup behind the product.
It was a double blind vs placebo study made on 101 men between 18 à 55 years old.

A Stemoxydine 5% solution was applied 1 time a day (6ml), at the end of the 3 months of the trial, there was an increase of 4% in hair density on the patients treated with Stemoxydine, witch represent an average of + 1700 hair.

The product "woke up" hair at places where there was nothing (not even miniaturized hair)

The name of the product will be Dercos NEOGENIC, it will be sold in France from September, and will cost 79,90 € for one month."

I was wondering (hoping that people may be able to point me in the right direction to regain my full head of hair.

Thank you for taking the time to read my lengthy first post, Also thank you to yanyan911, I stole some of your post hope you do not mind

EDIT: Could I just add I would much prefer natural products, but not limited to

EDIT 2: Sorry I'm not sure on this sites policy on editing too much. But I have just found this link about Neogenic's, Very interesting :
http://www.cosmeticsdesign-europe.com/F ... ir-density

Also this link may be the one from previous mention that I could not get to work

http://www.artizup.fr/MesCheveux/ToutSu ... 13&page=13 ( you will need to translate it)

Edit 3: I have further found this which I think "confirms" via independent testing / research that the ingredient "hypoxia" Does help with regrowth of hair molecules
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20203417

Jacob
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know

Re: @ Jacob - What is the best product to regenerate hair

Post by Jacob » Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:42 pm

Welcome to HLF..and no, I do not know what is the best product to regenerate hair. I wish I did 8)

Maybe yanyan911 will stop by to give an update sometime. But giving this product a try or the L'Oreal one coming out..may be worth a shot. Maybe use something else along with it..although then you're not going to know if that's detrimental or not.

The Portal

Post by The Portal » Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:05 am

Thank you so much Jacob for the Welcome and the reply,

I have been looking into Ayurveda, My reasoning for this is because I believe (for myself) that my hair loss is down to loss of OR lack of certain
Natural elements that my body produces and not genetic, although my Father is bald and has been since before my years.

I strongly believe mine is down to my work surroundings Plus I also live on the top floor of a building and on the building next to mine are 7-8 mobile telephone masts about 20-30 meters from where I am presently sitting and I sleep in the room next door which would be a further 5 meters from the masts.

I believe that some people are more susceptible to certain elements than other. Which is obvious in life I think.

I feel as though I have lost quite a bit in a short period of time, But not quick enough to worry that it is more serious. I have lived in this apartment for 2 years and held my current position for the same amount of time. So I think over time the adverse affects of living so close and working for over 8 hours a day with computers is not naturally healthy and having such an effect. Basically 24hrs a day I'm surrounded by unnatural frequency's. I wont go into detail and explain my thoughts into this but you can check out this site if your interested: http://www.mast-victims.org/index.php?c ... em&id=4263

I have been using Nizoral Shampoo 1% solution, The instructions I have followed are here: http://www.hairlosstalk.com/hair-loss-t ... s/nizoral/
Also I have been lightly massaging my scalp with my fingertips,

This might sound crazy but I have started to have hair regrow (I believe) at the front of my scalp, I will post pics here so we can watch to see if it is working
(not quite sure how to post to this site yet, but also haven't looked)

Thoughts behind my theory is this,

your hair is starved of certain elements and also it produces certain "by products" which assist in "starving" and blocking your natural growth cycle. ( my own words from memory but the picture should still be the same, I have read so much in a short period of time)

So after watching this Documentary purely by accident (although I have heard of this medical science before) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4DCYjQiteY
and reading about Ayurveda I thought I would look more into this side of things for now or until a decision has been made about L'Oreal's new product.

Yeah I know Some will say this is cheap and I'm waiting for others to be guinea pig's but the way I look at it is that I'm looking into something new ( well I say new, Ayurveda has been around for 10,000 years but has only recently been recognized and accepted by the medical board)

Is there anybody else that has experience with Ayurveda or other such natural remedies that can share their thoughts,

YanYan911 wish you all the best with your trials and looking forward to your results : Hair We Grow \:D/ hey hey, get it Hair We Grow - Here we go. Just my stupid sense of humor \:D/

P.S. sorry to go on

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:45 pm

Israelite here is into Ayurveda..and I've used that Gold 360 product for quite some time. Internally or topically, I don't think they're "cures"..but can be very beneficial IMO. I have tried to go "natural" as much as possible though. See some of my previous posts on that.

The Portal

Post by The Portal » Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:54 pm

Thank you Jacob,

I will contact Israelite, and ask hi for his opinion on Ayurveda and also look at your older posts,

I have been looking into using Coconut oil and apple cider vinegar. Here is a site I have found only just tonight and have only read this one page but I feel there is an abundance of information on here that could potentially help anyone that is looking at a more natural way, If only as part of the regime.

http://www.earthclinic.com/CURES/hair_loss.html

How is yanyan911 getting on with his trials ? I was in a chemist today looking at the shampoo that has seemed to come out with the new L'Oreal hair product, any way I had to go back to the chemist later on in the night and saw that the shampoo had all sold out (there was only 4-5 bottles before) I'm just wondering if this will continue to sell out ?
Will surely be a good sign !

I'm now going to look up Israelite and your old post's.

Thank you Jacob for all your info and please if any body else has any other input please do write something both positive and negative, it all helps with the end result.

Just saw you have made 3004 post's :shock: WOW I think this will take me some time to read through them...

israelite
Prolific Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood I

Post by israelite » Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:18 pm

The Portal wrote:Thank you Jacob,

I will contact Israelite, and ask hi for his opinion on Ayurveda and also look at your older posts,

I have been looking into using Coconut oil and apple cider vinegar. Here is a site I have found only just tonight and have only read this one page but I feel there is an abundance of information on here that could potentially help anyone that is looking at a more natural way, If only as part of the regime.

http://www.earthclinic.com/CURES/hair_loss.html

How is yanyan911 getting on with his trials ? I was in a chemist today looking at the shampoo that has seemed to come out with the new L'Oreal hair product, any way I had to go back to the chemist later on in the night and saw that the shampoo had all sold out (there was only 4-5 bottles before) I'm just wondering if this will continue to sell out ?
Will surely be a good sign !

I'm now going to look up Israelite and your old post's.

Thank you Jacob for all your info and please if any body else has any other input please do write something both positive and negative, it all helps with the end result.

Just saw you have made 3004 post's :shock: WOW I think this will take me some time to read through them...
yes i use quite a few Ayurveda products~ in fact i used approx 30 different oils, shampoos, and vitamins from india. my fav's are sesa oil, parachute ayurveda oil, amla oil with no mineral in it.