I need help with hair systems

Read about and discuss general hair loss topics.

Moderator: moderators

ross
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood III A
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

I need help with hair systems

Post by ross » Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:34 am

Hi

I want a very good hair replacement.

From my intenet research the following three companies look best.

http://www.totalcoverplus.co.uk
http://www.whitecliffsgroup.com
http://www.farrellhair.co.uk

However I read a few articles of disappointed customers who went to farrell.

Anyone here with experiences?

Thanks

dan
Norwood Level: Norwood III A

Re: I need help with hair systems

Post by dan » Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:53 am

Hi Ross

I had a farrell hair system. It cost me £4000 and the moment when I first receivd it, I was impressed. It was my first hair replcaement system and therefore I didn't know what of the things that I was told were true. And the moment when I received it I was happy because suddenly I had hair. But during the first weeks I started to be disappointed because the system didn't do all the things that I was told. All the things that I were told weren't completely true and I felt a bit tricked. Furthermore I was told that two systems together would last for up to 7 years i.e. one system lasts for up to 3.5 years. But after all the disappointments I then realised after 3.5 months that the quality was so bad that it became very obvious that I was wearing a hair replacement system.

I suddenly found myself in the situation that I had no other choice than going bald again, as it would have taken a few month to get another farrell system.
Since it was so expensive and disappointed me so much I thought I don't want another farrell system anyway.

I went for a few mail order systems to get some hair. but that wasn't a long term solution as they werent good.

The next company I found during my research was whitecliffs. I had a free consultation in London. The toupees they offered looked really good, when they explained everything to me. I felt very uncomfortable during the consultation as it was a pure sales pitch. I had the feeling as if they would have told me anything to sell a toupee. It was cheaper than the farrell system. Finally I went for it. I also had to wait a bit more than two months. The qualiyt appeared good. As I went back to whitecliffs for services the quality of the hair looked fairly good for about six month.

The only downside of it was that it didn't feel comfortable. Especially in hot weather. But I thought that it was the best solution available.

But then I met my friend Tim who had been bald for as long as I've known him. And suddenly when I met him he had a full head of hair. And it looked totally real as if it was his own hair. So we talked about it and he told me that it was a new company that gave him hair.

When my whitecliffs system was worn off I tried the total cover plus system. And it is really surreal. It feels as if it was your own hair even though it is a hair system. it looks great and it is cheaper than white cliffs and farrell hair.
every 5-8 weeks I get a new system and can choose a hair cut as if I went to a normal hair dresser. Now I don't have to bother about hair quality anymore as I get new hair every few weeks. This is such a relief. Just great. The good thing was also that they didn't try to talk me into buying anything. They explained everything for me and gave me the feeling that I had any freedom to do whatever I want. I felt really good. And when I decided to go for it, I didn't have to wait for weeks and months. The procedure took only 2 hours.

So basically after my quest for the perfect hair system I found total cover plus.

So as an answer to your question I really have to say the following:

Farrell Hair: High Price, bad quality

Whitecliffs: Medium price, average quality, uncomfortable

Total Cover Plus: low price, high quality

So basically I can only advise you to go for totalcoverplus.

But maybe it is the best if you go for a consultation at all three places and decide for yourself

Hope I was able to help you!

leosachon1
Occasional Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know

Post by leosachon1 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:22 am

are you still searching?
leonie x

gabriellajay

Post by gabriellajay » Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:17 am

if you are still searching i have been to an excellent non surgical hair replacement clinic in london that has not been mentioned.
would be happy to share!

leosachon1
Occasional Poster

Post by leosachon1 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:36 am

I think I may have found a company that ethically sources hair.
I need to research it more but they buy hair within the UK. Not sure if anyone else have heard of this, www.hairharvest.co.uk

barcalonaboy
Norwood Level: Norwood II A
Have you had a hair transplant?: Yes
Treatment Regimen: Renokin, Minoxidil, Laser and Rogaine

Post by barcalonaboy » Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:34 am

Hi- i too have been suffering from early stage MPB. With research I had immediately started using Minoxidil and have switched from Renokin to Laser and i am now using Rogaine. The good news is that i do not have a hair fall or thinning issue no more. I had got more interested in this problem and the business and had eventually helped for a company that deals with hair loss problems specifically. The company is called Trendz Advanced Hair Care Solutions and we are located in Sri Lanka and India. We provide treatments from protection and strengthening of existing hair to replacement, either through transplants or hair systems.

i personally am not too keen with transplants even though we offer this at our clinic due to the side-effects of Propecia we advise our patients to take, and due to the variability factor. if i do eventually lose out on my hair, i will start using a hair system. If any of you are in the Asian sub-continent and want to get some treatment done, you can visit our website: www.trendzhaircare.com for more information.

Thanks!