Hardening of scalp

Read about and discuss general hair loss topics.

Moderator: moderators

Brunz19
Seasoned Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

Hardening of scalp

Post by Brunz19 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:16 pm

I have been derma-stamping for quite some time now, and have noticed that when I stamp on my pattern of baldness, the skin is really loud and crackles and snaps as the stamp is being pushed in. When I press on a spot that isn't balding, although it stings a bit more, it really makes no sound at all, and feels easier to push in. Is there any reason for this, and any product that would help combat the 'hardening'?

I actually don't know if it's hardening or what, I have no idea what the reason is and am looking for enlightenment. I have just heard about scalp hardening through my time browsing the forums.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Re: Hardening of scalp

Post by Jacob » Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:03 am

NanoFibrin comes to mind. But what length needles are you using? Sounds like something that happens(from reading others' experiences) when the longer ones are used. The snap, crackle, n' popping.

Brunz19
Seasoned Poster

Post by Brunz19 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:40 am

I believe it's a 1.5 mm. I have heard of NanoFibrin before (from you). It actually looks like a good thing to throw into the rotation.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:19 am

That seems a bit deep..especially for continuous use. But then I've never used 'em that deep..and don't recall what others have said who have used 'em long-term.