Weird Experience With Kirkland Minoxidil 5% - Help Plz!

Read about and discuss general hair loss topics.

Moderator: moderators

Sambi
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Norwood Level: Norwood I
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

Weird Experience With Kirkland Minoxidil 5% - Help Plz!

Post by Sambi » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:23 am

Hello,

I would like some help with my situation.

I've been using Kirkland Minoxidil 5% a few months back and it worked great in stopping hairloss for a while, with no side effects.

So, after I had non left, I waited like 3 months or so (didn't mean to) and then ordered my new shipment of Kirkland Minoxidil 5% from THE SAME vendor.

Ok, now this time it was a disaster! Here is what happened: It caused me SEVERE itching... and when I scratch my hair (even scratching lightly), all the area that is affected with the minoxidil starts falling off! It was severe falling of my hair from nearly the roots (slightly above).

I actually have long hair and I'm not bald or have any bald spots. I wanted to start using minoxidil to prevent some hairloss signs that I've started experiencing when I comb, but I don't actually have visible bald areas.

Ok, so now my head looks funny. I have long hair but at the center spot, minoxidil area, it is a circle of no hair except like maybe half a centimeter or less! Semi bald. This was caused by Minoxidil.

Ok, so I thought it may have to do with the fact that my hair was recently chemically treated, but it wasn't the case. I gave one of my packs to one of my friends who is also experiencing some hairloss and had no chemical treatment done or whatever prior to using it. The same thing happened to him. Severe itching and then his hair started to fall off in a scary way!

I want to know why it worked good for me the first time I bought it, but this second time it turned into a disaster!

Any ideas why this is happening?

Thanks in advance!

JayHi78
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood IV

Re: Weird Experience With Kirkland Minoxidil 5% - Help Plz!

Post by JayHi78 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:45 am

Hi Sambi

I have a friend who used to use Minoxidil.

He was in a slightly different situation as it was obvious that he was in the middle of losing his hair. Minoxidil didn't have an obvious effect on his hair loss situation as his hair line kept receding. Finally after 9 months he stopped using it and experienced more or less the same phenomenon as you. He went to see his GP who then explained that even if it wasn't obvious, minoxidil might have prevented him to lose as much hair as he would have without. When he stopped using minoxidil all the individual hairs that would have fallen out in the turn of 9 months then fell out at once. For him it was very irritating. His GP also explained that the other explanation to it might be due to a side effect of minoxidil. He explained next to serious side effects such as heart problems, anemia, heart arrhythmia, etc. one side effect of minoxidil is Hair Loss. Sounds really strange that you buy a drug to solve your hair loss problem and its side effect is to make you acctually lose more hair ?!?!?!?

When I talked to my doctor after I experienced hair loss, he explained to me that unless there will be genetic modification there isn't a total solution to hair loss. He would advise me to either accept it or to go for a non invasive hair replacement method as everything else might lead to serious side effects.

Since I felt that I couldn't live without hair I researched about different methods and found [url]http://www.****************.co.uk[/url]

I have been using it for about 9 months and I'm more than happy as they are using anti allergen materials to provide a solution without any side effects. Furthermore the quality is so good and it really is undetectable.

I simply don't commit myself to something that I might regret in the future, because my totalcoverplus hair system cannot turn out to cause a harmful condition.

I hope it was helpful.

I wish you the best of luck!!

Jay

xonflame
Occasional Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Treatment Regimen: Medical Grade Minoxidil 5%+Azeliac Acid 15%

Re: Weird Experience With Kirkland Minoxidil 5% - Help Plz!

Post by xonflame » Sat May 11, 2013 5:28 am

The same thing happened to me ffs ...It's the cheap toxic ingredient PROPYLENE GLYCOL they use now as a carrier . Use Minoxidal that doesn't contain it and you'll be OK .
Cheers Mate .