Joeseph Fox of Igrowhair yogurt topical- arrested

Read about and discuss general hair loss topics.

Moderator: moderators

Jacob
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

Joeseph Fox of Igrowhair yogurt topical- arrested

Post by Jacob » Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:16 am

A Florida man who served jail time in an earlier scheme in California has been arrested by the Miami Beach Police Department and agents from the Florida Office of Financial Regulation (OFR), amid allegations he swindled investors in a “yogurt-based product to re-grow hair,” OFR said.

Joseph P. Fox, president of Telogenesis Inc. of Miami Beach, was charged with Grand Theft and Organized Scheme to Defraud in his sale of Telogenesis stock.

Beginning in 2007, Fox sold Telogenesis stock for $1,000 a share to at least 59 investors. All in all, he gathered $380,000 in the scheme and used most of the money to support his lifestyle, OFR said.

In 2002, OFR said, Fox was charged with grand theft in California and served 270 days in jail.

The Telogenesis scheme was similar to the California scheme, OFR said.

Fox made “false representations” about the financial soundness of Telogenesis and its development of the yogurt-based hair product, positioning it as “a breakthrough in the cosmetic industry,” OFR said.

A website from which a Telogenesis product was pitched as being available “very soon” for $1,999 included links to medical journals that appeared to have no tie to the product — and also to Oprah Winfrey’s website.

Winfrey’s site also appeared to have no tie to the Telogenesis product, which was advertised on IGrowHair.com

It is not uncommon for hucksters to try to create the appearance that prominent medical organizations, celebrities and the government endorse products when they do not.
http://www.patrickpretty.com/2011/01/03 ... ate-says/

Fizzball
Prolific Poster

Re: Joeseph Fox of Igrowhair yogurt topical- arrested

Post by Fizzball » Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:38 am

Well that certainly put a smile on my face, I hope there are more arrests, fines and bans to come to similar acts of fraudulent behavior but sadly unsubstantiated claims are all too common in this particular market of hair regrowth.

I hope that sends out a strong message to all those developing a company and/or a product around hair regrowth.
Don't mistake my optimism for stupidity

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:01 am

I was thinking the same thing. There are a few I have in mind..they better be careful :wink:

Fizzball
Prolific Poster

Post by Fizzball » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:51 am

hahaha, I could list at least a dozen myself and I'm sure you could think a few hundred more :D
Don't mistake my optimism for stupidity