Revita shampoo problems- alt recommendations

Read about and discuss general hair loss topics.

Moderator: moderators

MG63
Seasoned Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood II
Have you had a hair transplant?: Yes
Treatment Regimen: Laser
Dermaheal
Crescina Stem Cell 500

Revita shampoo problems- alt recommendations

Post by MG63 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:12 am

Hi - after several years of use I need to stop using Revita shampoo. DS labs has altered the formula causing shedding and a build up on my scalp / hair, to the point my hair feels like glue. That said I'm looking for an effective shampoo. I noticed Micellarin Green and Bioclin are often mentioned by the group. Any experience or thoughts on these products or others is greatly appreciated.

kamui2
Seasoned Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

Re: Revita shampoo problems- alt recommendations

Post by kamui2 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:13 pm

I just use regular niz 1% 3x a week. Makes my hair look thicker after use. :)

bluefin
Occasional Poster
Treatment Regimen: Nizoral,Alpecin..looking for a good non minox topical.

Post by bluefin » Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:37 pm

I use Avalon Organics shampoo as a 1st wash to get the grease and city crap outta my hair and then use a little Bioclin. Now that's a really good shampoo. Thickens each hair shaft instantly and makes my scalp feel good. Highly recommended. Pricey though !

Anxious1
Prolific Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood II A

Post by Anxious1 » Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:59 pm

ME TOO, except i havent been using it for years, i just heard it was good, and wanted to try it, the DS labs revita (triangle box)
it just didnt wash out and my hair felt like i had put glue in it, and i tried everything to get it out, to make my hair fluffy again.

the more different shampoos i tried to wash it out, the more gummed up it got, it just looked wet and straggly all day.

i finally got it out by adding BAKING SODA to a nice natural olive oil shampoo. i wasted $100 on 4 bottles of revita, and i wondered wat the fuss was about, i thought how can ppl swear by this crap, but its changed huh?

anyone want to buy 3.9 bottles of orange shampoo that sticks to ur hair like glue and doesnt come out???

lol

MG63
Seasoned Poster
Have you had a hair transplant?: Yes
Treatment Regimen: Laser
Dermaheal
Crescina Stem Cell 500

Post by MG63 » Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:56 am

DS labs acknowledged there was some problems with the Revita Shampoo and sent me a new bottle. I've not tried it yet - a bit nervous to go down the path of removing the gunk from the scalp. stay tuned...

Goa'uld
Occasional Poster
Treatment Regimen: Minoxidil 5% liquid twice daily
Propecia 1 mg daily
Regenpure DR used 3 to 4 times weekly.

Post by Goa'uld » Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:00 pm

I use Regenepure DR and NT. The DR version has 1% keto like Nizoral but has a list of other ingredients that also are great for hair but does not contain SLS like Nizoral does. I was a long time Nizoral user but switched about 9 months or so ago and actually like it better. Anyway just my opinion but so far I am very happy.

Here's the list of ingredients, so many so it was easier for me to paste them..

REGENEPURE® DR INGREDIENTS: Aqua (Deionized Water), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf (Aloe Vera Gel) Juice, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Carbomer, Glycerin, PEG-8, Ketoconazole, Niacin (Vitamin-B3), Serenoa Serrulata (Saw Palmetto) Extract, Hydrolyzed Wheat Proteins, Dimethicone, Allantoin, Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin-C), Pyridoxine HCl (Vitamin-B6), Linolenic Acid, Emu Oil, dl-Panthenol, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Menthol, Mentha Viridis (Spearmint) Oil, Hexylene Glycol, Salicylic Acid, PEG-25 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Oil, Caffeine, Zinc Oxide, Guanine, Benzophenone-4, Polysorbate-80, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, FD&C Blue #1.

Corvus
Occasional Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood II A
Treatment Regimen: Theraneem Scalp Therape Shampoo daily
Nanoscalp - 1x daily
Saw Palmetto/Astaxanthin combo - 200 mg twice daily

Post by Corvus » Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:24 pm

Judging by the ingredients, Regenepure basically looks like Nioxin...with 1% keto. Hardly anything earth-shattering.

Goa'uld
Occasional Poster
Treatment Regimen: Minoxidil 5% liquid twice daily
Propecia 1 mg daily
Regenpure DR used 3 to 4 times weekly.

Post by Goa'uld » Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:12 pm

Corvus wrote:Judging by the ingredients, Regenepure basically looks like Nioxin...with 1% keto. Hardly anything earth-shattering.

I don't remember saying it was "Earth Shattering". All I said is I switched from Nizoral after 6 years because I like it better that's all. I never used revita but it too looks like a solid shampoo. All I was saying is it is better than Nizoral because it has more ingredients to help the hair and contains no SLS.

:P

0416Dr
Prolific Poster
Treatment Regimen: Niz

Post by 0416Dr » Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:22 am

Im using Revita like an half year now...and I love it! Makes my hair very soft and since Im using it my hairloss is way less...
I went to buy a camouflage jacket the other day but I couldn't find any.

doke
Prolific Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood III A
Treatment Regimen: trialing scalpure with pantostin

Post by doke » Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:54 am

i used nioxin a long time ago and did not like it but regenpure should be good as no sulphate in it. \:D/

israelite
Prolific Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood I

Post by israelite » Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:31 pm

z
MG63 wrote:Hi - after several years of use I need to stop using Revita shampoo. DS labs has altered the formula causing shedding and a build up on my scalp / hair, to the point my hair feels like glue. That said I'm looking for an effective shampoo. I noticed Micellarin Green and Bioclin are often mentioned by the group. Any experience or thoughts on these products or others is greatly appreciated.
hmm i was going to re purchase revita on amazon and lots of reviews echo what u have said! i think the shampoo is ok for scalp but not great for the hair. ive been using keto and coconut poos and i cant even comb my hair! im going to purchase revita from the vitiamin store!

Fizzball
Prolific Poster

Post by Fizzball » Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:44 am

I really do feel that having a decent shampoo and conditioner is essential and should be the beginning of your journey in proactively fighting hair loss.

I have sent an email to DS labs concerning the formula and its consistency and also rumor that there are fake products on the market but haven't yet received a reply.
Don't mistake my optimism for stupidity

israelite
Prolific Poster

Post by israelite » Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:49 pm

Fizzball wrote:I really do feel that having a decent shampoo and conditioner is essential and should be the beginning of your journey in proactively fighting hair loss.

I have sent an email to DS labs concerning the formula and its consistency and also rumor that there are fake products on the market but haven't yet received a reply.
i think ds also had a bad batch on the market a while back. people couldnt get the shampoo out of their hair lol.

Fizzball
Prolific Poster

Post by Fizzball » Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:04 am

Yeah that does sound concerning, I'm glad to report no such problems here... I keep my products in a sealed container in my fridge to preserve its properties and have thus far have noted an sharp drop in shedding, I have long hair so when my hair sheds its extremely noticeable, a 12+ cm hair is easy to notice.
My scalp feels great, I can't explain it.

On the flip side I really wish I had started using Revita many years ago, my scalp no longer becomes dry and flaky after I shampoo.

I cannot stress this enough people... despite what what treatment you undertake you must find a good shampoo and conditioner weather it be Revita, regenpure or whatever as long as its of a high grade, forget about those stupid ads on tv for head and shoulders, pantene, or any other of the counter products because they are more than likely contributing to the problem in the long run.

One of the most irritating thing about the Revita shampoo and conditioner is the packaging... more to the point the lids, they look nice but aren't very practical be it the 180ml flip lid which oozes out from the back, whilst the 1Litre bottles are handy they also leak especially the shampoo which is not as dense as the conditioner, the shampoo will ooze out of the pumps neck which is a shame because I really like the idea of a pump so I have resorted to refilling my 180ml containers which are less of a bother.

israelite
Prolific Poster

Post by israelite » Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:44 pm

Fizzball wrote:Yeah that does sound concerning, I'm glad to report no such problems here... I keep my products in a sealed container in my fridge to preserve its properties and have thus far have noted an sharp drop in shedding, I have long hair so when my hair sheds its extremely noticeable, a 12+ cm hair is easy to notice.
My scalp feels great, I can't explain it.

On the flip side I really wish I had started using Revita many years ago, my scalp no longer becomes dry and flaky after I shampoo.

I cannot stress this enough people... despite what what treatment you undertake you must find a good shampoo and conditioner weather it be Revita, regenpure or whatever as long as its of a high grade, forget about those stupid ads on tv for head and shoulders, pantene, or any other of the counter products because they are more than likely contributing to the problem in the long run.

One of the most irritating thing about the Revita shampoo and conditioner is the packaging... more to the point the lids, they look nice but aren't very practical be it the 180ml flip lid which oozes out from the back, whilst the 1Litre bottles are handy they also leak especially the shampoo which is not as dense as the conditioner, the shampoo will ooze out of the pumps neck which is a shame because I really like the idea of a pump so I have resorted to refilling my 180ml containers which are less of a bother.
i like revita also. i only use it 2x week.

Junavo
Occasional Poster
Treatment Regimen: food supplements

Post by Junavo » Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:26 am

I recommend using other product that contains aloe vera as a base, instead of Sodium Laurel Sulfate (SLS. Revita contains SLS, which can cause moderate bouts of inflammation. Inflammation is a seldom discussion but often a contributing factor to accelerated hair loss.

Fizzball
Prolific Poster

Post by Fizzball » Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:44 am

Junavo wrote:I recommend using other product that contains aloe vera as a base, instead of Sodium Laurel Sulfate (SLS. Revita contains SLS, which can cause moderate bouts of inflammation. Inflammation is a seldom discussion but often a contributing factor to accelerated hair loss.
I don't know what Revita products you are referring to but as far I am aware Revita shampoo and conditioner do not contain SLS.
Aloe is a good addition however there are a lot of dodgy Aloe products around with added colours and scents, the best way to go about it is to grow your own plant, they are fairly easy to grow and maintain. The mother earth brand seems reasonable and I have used it in the past.
Revita and any other decent Shampoo and conditioner such as Regenpure contain other beneficial ingredients that I feel will benefit the end user.

Here is a summary of a few decent shampoo's however I will mention that I have tried Head and shoulders before on several occasions and over the years and there really was nothing worthy to make a distinction between the rest of the rubbish P&G try to push.

http://www.hairloss-research.org/blog/?p=178

israelite
Prolific Poster

Post by israelite » Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:39 pm

i use dhathri chemarathi which is aloe base.

Junavo
Occasional Poster
Treatment Regimen: food supplements

Post by Junavo » Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:59 am

Fizzball wrote:
Junavo wrote:I recommend using other product that contains aloe vera as a base, instead of Sodium Laurel Sulfate (SLS. Revita contains SLS, which can cause moderate bouts of inflammation. Inflammation is a seldom discussion but often a contributing factor to accelerated hair loss.
I don't know what Revita products you are referring to but as far I am aware Revita shampoo and conditioner do not contain SLS.
Aloe is a good addition however there are a lot of dodgy Aloe products around with added colours and scents, the best way to go about it is to grow your own plant, they are fairly easy to grow and maintain. The mother earth brand seems reasonable and I have used it in the past.
Revita and any other decent Shampoo and conditioner such as Regenpure contain other beneficial ingredients that I feel will benefit the end user.

Here is a summary of a few decent shampoo's however I will mention that I have tried Head and shoulders before on several occasions and over the years and there really was nothing worthy to make a distinction between the rest of the rubbish P&G try to push.

http://www.hairloss-research.org/blog/?p=178
Have you checked the label if it has no SLS?

Thanks for the link. I've tried head and shoulders and this is the shampoo I am using for my dandruff. Well it suits me since I don't itch my scalp many times.

Fizzball
Prolific Poster

Post by Fizzball » Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:28 pm

I have read the label as well as the book that comes packaged in each of them packs and cannot find a trace of any added SLS, unless I am missing it if so please point it out for me so I can research it further ;)

israelite
Prolific Poster

Post by israelite » Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:38 pm

Fizzball wrote:I have read the label as well as the book that comes packaged in each of them packs and cannot find a trace of any added SLS, unless I am missing it if so please point it out for me so I can research it further ;)
What shampoo are you referring to?