requesting help on thinning hair!

Read about and discuss general hair loss topics.

Moderator: moderators

350z dude
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Norwood Level: Norwood V A
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

requesting help on thinning hair!

Post by 350z dude » Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:32 am

Hello All,

I am a 24 year old male, and Ive been searching through these forms for about 6 months trying to find some helpful answers. I finally got up the courage this past week and decided to make my own account.

Baldness runs in my family, my father as it, as does my grand father. Nothing on my mothers side, that I can notice anyhow. I had the thickest most full hair growing up, but within the past year or two I have noticed serious thinning, starting at the top of my skull and running in a straight line to the front of my forehead. Here is a picture:

Its starting to become extremely noticeable. So far, I've been taking bioxin, vitamin E, and a multivitamin every day. I use the volume conditioners and shampoos - but they only mildly help out, at best.

I've read alot about getting a blood test to see if I am missing a key vitamin in my body, to only washing your hair once every three days. What exactly should I be doing?

Im considering trying rogane, but I am not sure since I only have thin hair, and not balding yet. Well maybe alittle bit on top. Should I see a "hair doctor"? Do any of you have any advice. Im really starting to go nuts with all this hair thinning.

I appreciate any help anyone wants to offer. Thank you for taking the time to read my story and hopefully supply some helpful information.

KAXA

Re: requesting help on thinning hair!

Post by KAXA » Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:17 pm

Propecia will cause many side effects. You should look into natural topical DHT inhibitors to stop your hair loss.

doke
Prolific Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood III A
Treatment Regimen: trialing scalpure with pantostin

Post by doke » Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:56 pm

Well myself i have tried the natural dht route and to be honest did not work for me,i myself would try minoxidil foam 5% with propecia or proscar as that at this time is the number one treatment give it 6 to 12 months to see if you have improved.
You can just use a cheap shampoo like head and shoulders and also on some days use a sulphate free shampoo and take it from there as to side effects with propecia or minox foam i have not had any. :-"

doke
Prolific Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood III A
Treatment Regimen: trialing scalpure with pantostin

Post by doke » Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:58 pm

Also if you have enough money try the lasor comb of a lasor helmet as i had more body to my hair with the comb but buy the fda approved or as said a laser helmet. :-"

future is with LLLT
Regular Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood VII
Treatment Regimen: 5% minoxidil 2 times daily plus 20 minutes LLLT full head device with 378 made by myself as I am an electronic engineer.

Post by future is with LLLT » Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:05 am

You know what? - try to avoid all what does NOT work - or works little with BIG side effects like prophecia or Fin or whatever these hormone based pills are called....If you want to be good with chicks stay away from those... :-)

If you have spare 3-4k simply go to a hair clinic. You'll have your hair back in 6 months.
Bad news is that after the treatment your hair will start again receding.
Go for LASER, If you have an electronic guy in your family you can build it yourself.

Laser Therapy has been around since last century and most people don't believe in it to date.. I can't stop wondering why?
Hair loss in men is almost ALWAYS a result of MPB - Male Pattern Baldness. Look at your father and if he is bold, so will you - if you are a guy - simple as that, or rather SAD as that.....
But there is light... it is LASER light...MPB can't be cured as yet - but it can be halted - AND reversed....AND kept at bay...
LLLT provides deep tissue stimulation via laser red light with 650nm wave length which penetrates beneath the scalp and directly stimulates hair follicles thus increases blood supply etc. etc.....
With MPB the hair follicles are literally "suffocated" by DHT (dihydrotestosteron) that restricts their nourishment.
There are 2 fronts to combat hair loss - THEY MUST BE TAKEN BOTH.
1 - LLLT follicle stimulation and
2 - DHT blocking
I guess people still don't believe in LLLT because they make the BIGGEST mistake - they buy the CHEAP device - weak LLLT devices such as laser combs. STAY AWAY from them - they DO have all approvals, medals and whistles - but they have one thing in common - THEY DO NOTHING FOR YOUR HAIR....
i am 58 and bald. My son started balding at 17. I paid for his laser clinic just to have piece of mind, not really believed in it myself. The result astonished me..It WAS expensive, but it worked.
After 6 months treatment ended his hair slowly started to recede again. I was looking at 4k each 6 months? Hell no, I am an electronic engineer so I built the 432 laser diode full head machine myself in my garage - and my son now has full head of hair. He uses my laser machine every day for 20 minutes...
It may take less than 432 of 5mW laser diodes to get your hair back. If your hairloss is less severe you could do with less, but never ever buy anything with less than 100 diodes - real LASER diodes, because some devices still use LED diodes - and I wonder why they do it?? Because LEDs do absolutely nothing for your hair...
There are great many useless devices on the market but only a couple can do it - but they are greatly overpriced - at least they work unlike the cheap combs that do nothing...
I wonder who buys them....
cheers and good luck