Minidoxil 5% and 2%

Read about and discuss general hair loss topics.

Moderator: moderators

Ken
Occasional Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Have you had a hair transplant?: Yes
Treatment Regimen: Regaine twice daily
Finpecia daily

Minidoxil 5% and 2%

Post by Ken » Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:10 pm

Hi all had a successful HT 3 months ago and I'm now taking Propecia and will continue with mini as I have used it for years My question is my surgeon has told me I can use both 2 and 5% mini (2 in the morning as I find the 5 pretty sticky) but Kirkland don't do 2% for men. Can I use 2% for ladies or will I have to buy 2% Rogaine.

Thanks for your time

johnsp
Regular Poster
Hair Loss Type: Other
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

Re: Minidoxil 5% and 2%

Post by johnsp » Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:48 pm

You can use 2% for ladies, that is fine. However, if you want to get the best out of minoxidil use Dexpanthenol as a pre wash. This will make your scalp more receptive to minoxidil and you will only have to use one application daily. I supply this product go to www.thelaserclinic.com.au/products.htm
Please bear in mind that propecia has many negative side-effects and there are alternatives.

Jocko59
Regular Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Norwood Level: Norwood II
Treatment Regimen: Ecklonia Cava

Post by Jocko59 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:43 pm

Why would any particular shampoo make your "scalp more receptive to minoxidil"? And you just happen to be advertising your own particular shampoo huh? I think my BS detector is going off. Oh well.

Ken
Occasional Poster
Finpecia daily

Post by Ken » Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:42 am

I would appreciate when posting a reply to a thread that you don't use it as an opportunity to make a very questionable sales pitch. You WILL NOT receive the full benefits from minidxil by using once a day, that has been scientifically proved beyond doubt. As for your shampoo well as Jacko59 posted I too feel that my BS meter is going off.

johnsp
Regular Poster

Post by johnsp » Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:26 pm

Jacko and Ken,
Dexpanthenol is not a shampoo, and it has been clinically and scientifically proven to make your scalp more receptive to minoxidil. Yes it is my site and my business, legitimately.
When you use minoxidil in any concentration, your scalp, due to build up of silicones (used in some conditioners) and SLS and DEA residue allows a high %age of the active ingredient to be evaporated due to length of time it is sitting on the scalp as the alchohol present does it's job to open the follicles to allow the active ingredient to penetrate. By using dexpanthenol this job is done for the carrier proportion of the minoxidil solution, allowing more efficient and quicker penetration of the active ingredient.
I hope that this calms your BS meters.
As for my site I deliver the highest quality products with minimal profit.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:10 am

Hey guys..cut him a bit of slack please. He DID come here saying it was his site etc right away. As I say to any company though- might want to ease off on the claims a bit :?

On Dexpanthenol, others out there also sell it and talk about what it's good for.
2. Dissolves sebum and flakes (dandruff) and helps to minimize the symptoms of seborrheic dermatitis

3. Clinically proven to increase the permeability of the stratum corneum (outer layer), facilitating the exchange of gases, nutrients and liquids across the outer barrier of the scalp down to the follicle.

4. Helps Minoxidil work better by cleansing the scalp of sebum and increasing permeability to allow better absorption.
http://newenglandassociates.com/cubecar ... roductId=8

Vid etc here:

http://www.dexpanthenol.net/

Etc etc.

I'm actually surprised it's not talked about/used more by ppl in these forums. I remember posting about it a long time ago, from the HLCC company(that is their product at dexpanthenol.net)

doke
Prolific Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood III A
Treatment Regimen: trialing scalpure with pantostin

Post by doke » Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:16 am

hi some of there products are on ebay and i think hll have a clinic in uk,i have used 5% minox once a day with dermoroller and after 6 months hair did improve,i just got bored with using the roller every day O:)

johnsp
Regular Poster

Post by johnsp » Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:50 pm

Thanks Jacob
HLCC is one of our affiliate clinics in the US, although generally my pricing is more favourable than theirs.
We have been involved in R&D for these issues for over 25years.
Jacob wrote:Hey guys..cut him a bit of slack please. He DID come here saying it was his site etc right away. As I say to any company though- might want to ease off on the claims a bit :?

On Dexpanthenol, others out there also sell it and talk about what it's good for.
2. Dissolves sebum and flakes (dandruff) and helps to minimize the symptoms of seborrheic dermatitis

3. Clinically proven to increase the permeability of the stratum corneum (outer layer), facilitating the exchange of gases, nutrients and liquids across the outer barrier of the scalp down to the follicle.

4. Helps Minoxidil work better by cleansing the scalp of sebum and increasing permeability to allow better absorption.

Vid etc here:

Etc etc.

I'm actually surprised it's not talked about/used more by ppl in these forums. I remember posting about it a long time ago, from the HLCC company(that is their product at dexpanthenol.net)

johnsp
Regular Poster

Post by johnsp » Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:55 pm

Doke, we have found that some versions of scalp rollers actually damage the follicle and I personally firmly believe that these are resulting in long term detriment to the user. I am pretty sure that our true products are not on ebay.
doke wrote:hi some of there products are on ebay and i think hll have a clinic in uk,i have used 5% minox once a day with dermoroller and after 6 months hair did improve,i just got bored with using the roller every day O:)

Ken
Occasional Poster
Finpecia daily

Post by Ken » Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:16 pm

Hi folks
Interesting discussion I will look into the points raised further. However I would like to ascertain that 2% ladies Kirkland is suitable to use along with the 5%.
Essenially is 2% Kirkland for ladies the same as 2% Rogaine for men??
Many thanks.
By the way if anyone is looking for the name of a HT surgeon in Cape Town where went I'd be happy to supply same. Excellent clinic and vastly cheaper than Ireland.

JohnConnor12
Occasional Poster

Post by JohnConnor12 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:59 am

Minoxidil was basically discovered to treat high blood pressure problem, but patients noticed hair growth as the side effects. This way the use of this medication proved out to helpful in the treatment of the male-pattern baldness and in women it is used to treat diffuse hair loss or thinning of hair. Generic Minoxidil slows down the process of hair loss and after some time it stops the hair loss completely. Using it twice in a day gives the best hair growth results. \:D/

doke
Prolific Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood III A
Treatment Regimen: trialing scalpure with pantostin

Post by doke » Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:16 am

hi john i do not mean HLL sold the roller only the minox in different strengths,i got my roller from australia?

Jocko59
Regular Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood II
Treatment Regimen: Ecklonia Cava

Post by Jocko59 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:47 am

Jacob wrote:Hey guys..cut him a bit of slack please. He DID come here saying it was his site etc right away. As I say to any company though- might want to ease off on the claims a bit :?

Vid etc here:

Etc etc.

Sorry, but it's still B.S.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:55 am

Dude..that's a post from July. Did you just get out of prison or something? :lol:

Good to see you around though 8)

Fizzball
Prolific Poster

Post by Fizzball » Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:08 pm

I don't know about that product specifically or the gentleman linking back to his own company website but I honestly do feel it is necessary to cleanse your scalp to receive better results with any topical application be it Minoxidil or otherwise.
I'm not saying go out and buy this stuff but what I am saying is consider cleansing your scalp with a gentle natural product prior to a topical application, in recent years I have become very suspicious of products containing chemicals and strong soaps and as I have mentioned before I wouldn't wash my car with dish washing detergent or any other harsh soaps so I certainly shouldn't be using anything similar on my scalp.

I'm pretty sure we all know that advantages and reasons to wash our hair...
Don't mistake my optimism for stupidity