Dandruff and hair solutions

Read about and discuss general hair loss topics.

Moderator: moderators

Nickk
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

Dandruff and hair solutions

Post by Nickk » Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:54 pm

Hi guys not sure if this is right section or anything or if its been said before. My hair has been getting really thin over the last year and im not sure why only thing i can think of is my job, im always in contact with grease not the dirty black kind its clean white grease its always on my hand can this be adding to my hair loss by any chance?

I wash my hair every 2nd day ive tryed alot of anti-dandruff shampoos but none seem to work my scalp is always dry and flaky, does this make hair loss worse or happen quicker?

I live in Adelaide australia, i was wondering what methods i can take to try get my hair to grow back thick, im going to a place called Hair Choices on Saturday to see what they say. but i know alot of places like that try to rip u off by makin u pay thousands of dollors and promising results that never occur.

Anyone have any advice on where and what i can do?

Sorry if this is in wrong section this is my first time on the forum.

thanks in advance

fooliisa
Norwood Level: Norwood I

Re: Dandruff and hair solutions

Post by fooliisa » Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:33 am

Dandruff is a biggest and very bad problem. Well the chemical supplements effects temporarily and some it makes he skin of scalp very dry. Many natural and herbal products are available for good output. Well i personal suggest to apply on the skin of head with cotton. The mixture should be of pure coconut oil, powdered camphor and pure lemon juice. Keep it as it is for 1 or 1and half hour and wash hair. It will reflect the quick effects.

Lady Jo
Regular Poster

Post by Lady Jo » Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:03 pm

You might want to see your diet. Avoid meats, sugar, white flour, strong tea or coffee, condiments, pickles, refined and processed foods.
Always keep your hair and scalp clean and massage it daily to improve the circulation and remove any flakiness.
Will you still love me when my hair has turned to gray?

garnislitton

Post by garnislitton » Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:26 am

Dandruff is a common problem. I also had so much dandruff and that's why i have face hair falling problem. Then i have started to use herbal shampoo and really it helps me lot to remove dandruff and now my hair growth is better than before.So You can try herbal shampoo rather than any other chemical shampoo.

olivialowrie

Post by olivialowrie » Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:14 pm

Lady Jo wrote:You might want to see your diet. Avoid meats, sugar, white flour, strong tea or coffee, condiments, pickles, refined and processed foods.
Always keep your hair and scalp clean and massage it daily to improve the circulation and remove any flakiness.
I have to agree. Too much oil is a culprit to dandruff. When I encountered dandruff I just used an anti-dandruff shampoo for one month and it was all gone. I also watched what I eat and make sure I don't eat oily foods. :)

Ruben

Post by Ruben » Fri May 04, 2012 2:38 am

I think main cause of dandruff is Too much use of Hard shampoos.Used natural shampoo product and keep dry your hair always.

carl1212

Post by carl1212 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:50 am

I may advice you to stop using hair shampoos since they are solely responsible for hair loss and also thinning of hair. I have experience of it so i am advising you. Start massaging your scalp with Coconut oil thrice a week and see the results after few weeks.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:55 pm

Shampoo is responsible for hair loss and thinning hair..ok........

Junavo
Occasional Poster
Treatment Regimen: food supplements

Post by Junavo » Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:28 am

Jacob wrote:Shampoo is responsible for hair loss and thinning hair..ok........
Yes but not all shampoos..

Fizzball
Prolific Poster

Post by Fizzball » Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:18 am

I'm actually a firm believer that some shampoo's will cause if not accelerate the process of hair loss, but I suggest you do your own research and draw your own conclusions, I'm sure we have all spent a fortune on hair care products over the years, I currently have at least 10 bottles of shampoos and conditioners on my shelf that I have tried for weeks/months only to discover they failed to live up to the hype.
Anything you can grab of the shelf at a super market is usually garbage, heck some of the salon stuff is too so you must be careful, there are also different hair types which require different products and applications, the process of fighting hair loss is a long one and we have to be diligent and mindful of what we are putting on our scalp and as Jacob has said on several occasions hair loss as to be attacked from many angles.

I also believe that water quality plays a big role in hair loss particularly chloramine, chlorine is such a harsh that can have a negative affect on the scalp, hair and skin.
Don't mistake my optimism for stupidity

Junavo
Occasional Poster
Treatment Regimen: food supplements

Post by Junavo » Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:31 pm

Fizzball wrote:I'm actually a firm believer that some shampoo's will cause if not accelerate the process of hair loss, but I suggest you do your own research and draw your own conclusions, I'm sure we have all spent a fortune on hair care products over the years, I currently have at least 10 bottles of shampoos and conditioners on my shelf that I have tried for weeks/months only to discover they failed to live up to the hype.
Anything you can grab of the shelf at a super market is usually garbage, heck some of the salon stuff is too so you must be careful, there are also different hair types which require different products and applications, the process of fighting hair loss is a long one and we have to be diligent and mindful of what we are putting on our scalp and as Jacob has said on several occasions hair loss as to be attacked from many angles.

I also believe that water quality plays a big role in hair loss particularly chloramine, chlorine is such a harsh that can have a negative affect on the scalp, hair and skin.
Yes. be meticulous and take extreme care about minute details of the products we buy.

josgarvin

Post by josgarvin » Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:06 am

I too have a dandruff problem. I had used many shampoos which they said, good for dandruff treatment, but none works at this moment. I haven't tried aloe vera yet, maybe one of this days. What's on my mind is to have a haircut to have a very short hair and then apply aloe vera or try another anti dandruff shampoo. I hope this one will work.