Creatine hair loss

Read about and discuss general hair loss topics.

Moderator: moderators

San-de
Occasional Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood II A
Have you had a hair transplant?: No
Treatment Regimen: Topically currently using Elsom terminals 1/2, emu oil, dermaheal, and lamas shampoo.
Internally I take selenium, green tea phytosomes, biotin, ashwagndha, GliSODin, Probiotics, ecklonia cava extract and IH top 6 (except for curcumin), and from time to time I have also taken Avodart.
I also eat a clean diet.

Creatine hair loss

Post by San-de » Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:54 am

I know that there was a study showing creatine is supposed to raise DHT levels and contribute to hair loss, but has anyone actually noticed any of this and if so what exactly was there creatine cycle like: did they tend to notice it while loading creatine in high amounts, was it with monohydrate only or with other forms as well, did their creatine also have phytoandrogens in it or stimulants and if so what one's? I have taken creatine on and off for a few years and am undecided if it truly harms hair or not. If anything you would almost think it could help if didn't raise DHT as it improves ATP levels. I am curious how everyone else feels regarding this and what their experiences have been.