Question regarding 5% Minoxidil order.

Read about and discuss general hair loss topics.

Moderator: moderators

Gaga
Regular Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

Question regarding 5% Minoxidil order.

Post by Gaga » Thu Oct 28, 2004 9:31 am

Ok I am officially confused :roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:
I went to http://www.xandrox.com (Dr. Lees official site) to order minoxidil 5% (as Blueshard kindly recommended) but I was hit with two:
5% Minoxidil Solution w/o BV ($16.65)
and
5% Minoxidil Solution w/o BV w/ Retin-A. ($21.65)
which one should I be ordering?
By the way, I am on Proscar at the moment but have never used any topical minoxidil before.
Thanks.
Gaga
01 October 2004:
Proscar (1.5 mg)
MSM (2000 mg)
Green tea extract
Super B 50 Complex
Multivitamin
04 November 2004:
Dr. Lee's 5% Minoxidil Solution (2 X a day)
Nizoral 2% Shampoo 2X Week

HairLossFight.com
Site Admin
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood III Vertex
Have you had a hair transplant?: Yes

Post by HairLossFight.com » Thu Oct 28, 2004 10:14 am

Hello Gaga,

Order:

5% Minoxidil Solution w/o BV ($16.65)

not:

5% Minoxidil Solution w/o BV w/ Retin-A. ($21.65)

because the second one contains retin-A. I have found retin-A to be very irritating to my scalp. It is supposed to increase the absorption of minox, but I found it made my scalp very tender. If I were you I would go for the first one. Also, if I were you I would ask Dr. Lee to compound it for you with Glycerin instead of Propylene glycol.

You may get differing opinions on this one, but many people can be allergic to propylene glycol whereas few people have this problem with glycerin.

You can send the doc an email and he'll do this for you.

Regards,
Sam

Gaga
Regular Poster

Post by Gaga » Thu Oct 28, 2004 9:06 pm

Hi Sam,
I cannot stress enough how thankful I am. Thank you so much.
Actually I have sent Dr Lee an e-mail. I was concerned about one of the FAQs so I had to ask him and within no time I got a reply.
Very helpful
Yeah, I am gonna ask him to compound it with Glycerin instead of Propylene glycol and hope for the best [-o< [-o<
How does it actually work? Is there an option menu where you have to choose what you want or do you have to let him know beforehand?
One more question.
How long should I be using the 5% Minoxidil before I can use the 15% minoxidil? I am looking (as everyone else is) for the maximum benefit.
Thanks mate, thanks a lot.
Gaga
01 October 2004:
Proscar (1.5 mg)
MSM (2000 mg)
Green tea extract
Super B 50 Complex
Multivitamin
04 November 2004:

HairLossFight.com
Site Admin
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood III Vertex
Have you had a hair transplant?: Yes

Post by HairLossFight.com » Sat Oct 30, 2004 4:10 pm

No problem. If money is no object I would go for Xandrox 15 right away and use a small amount of it once a day. It has done an excellent job of maintaining my crown and regrowing some hair in my temple area.

Got a haircut today and the stylist had to use one of those weird scissors that thins out your hair a bit. I freaked out and asked her not to do it because I LIKE it thick. She said it was too thick to work with on top.... I was shocked. I hadn't had a cut it two months so the fro had built up a bit and in the crown area the thinning was obvious. After I got it cut short I can say overall my hair has thickened all around. This has been a great year for me when it comes to regrowth because I have stayed (more or less) consistent with my regimen. The two items that have done the most for me are Xandrox 15 and Revivogen. I am hoping that the 1.25mg fin per day will make things even better over the next year.

Anyway, the reason for the rant above was to let you know that I am very pleased with Xandrox 15.

Cheers,
Sam

Gaga
Regular Poster

Post by Gaga » Sat Oct 30, 2004 11:48 pm

Hi Sam,
CONGRATULATION man. I am please for you.
How long have you been on Proscar?
So far I am following my regime r e l i g i o u s l y. Besides, five years ago I started taking a multivitamin complex, so as far as pills are concerned there is no problem.
I have thrown a few questions at Dr. Lee in regards to minoxidil and he advised me to use 5% minoxidil first before increasing the dose to the 15% concentration, since I have never used any topical minoxidil before.
I have asked him to compound it with Glycerin instead of Propylene Glycol but that wasnt necessary as there is already an item on the menu (5% Minoxidil Solution w/o Propylene Glycol $19.00) . I only sounded like an idiot :oops:
So I have ordered the 5% minoxidil and I cannot wait to try it out.
The 65mL is a one month's supply when used twice daily, he added that typically, if I am gonna have side effects from the use of topical minoxidil, it will occur within the first few weeks of use. Fingers crossed!
Will have to wait 5 days (at least) before I receive it as I live in Europe.
Sometime in the future I would like to get some more info about Revivogen but for the time being I will stick with what Ive got. I hope Proscar and minoxidil will do the trick.
You see, my hair loss (hairlines) is really NOT noticeable so I am hoping by acting fast this will/might benefit the area and will minimize the hair loss.
Anyhow, keep it up Sam as I see you as an example to sticking with my regime.
Congratulation one more time and thanks for sharing.
Cheers, Gaga.
01 October 2004:
Proscar (1.5 mg)
MSM (2000 mg)
Green tea extract
Super B 50 Complex
Multivitamin
04 November 2004: