Aderans Research Clinical Trials

Read about and discuss general hair loss topics.

Moderator: moderators

Frontline Warrior
Occasional Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Norwood Level: Norwood II
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

Aderans Research Clinical Trials

Post by Frontline Warrior » Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:53 pm

Hey everyone. I was wondering what you know or felt about Aderans Research. They're having a clinical study being done. I know its phase 2, and I fond an article saying April 27, 2009 was when they started. They are offering trials done in a nearby city where I am. Do you think this would be a good idea to take part off if its still available? What if it was free?

Basically, are they going to do a hair cell transplant for free? I tried calling, they had a recorded voice operator, put me on hold. I got nervous, hung up and thought I should ask you guys first.

It seems ACELL and Aderans are similar, hair cell transplant

I know there is HIstogen and Interceyx (dont know how to spell off the top of my head) are they embryonic stem cell transplants?

Any ways ACELL and Aderans are two places you might be able to possibly do something with as we speak. The others seem many years off from at least having a product or something available. If you want something thats cutting edge right now, im thinking acell and aderans are what to keep an eye on.

Fizzball
Prolific Poster

Re: Aderans Research Clinical Trials

Post by Fizzball » Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:43 pm

Have you watched this video at the official site?

http://www.aderansresearch.com/ari_whatwedo_moa.html

Honestly I would jump on this like a bunny but just like with everything read the paperwork they will give you if you decide to become a trialist.
Don't mistake my optimism for stupidity

Frontline Warrior
Occasional Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood II

Re: Aderans Research Clinical Trials

Post by Frontline Warrior » Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:42 pm

I got the sense from the video that they wanted to grow new hair by planting hair cells, but then one of the guys said it is used to go with a hair transplant to help dense the hair up. Can it go both ways, with or without a transplant?