Any reliable hair loss treatments

Read about and discuss general hair loss topics.

Moderator: moderators

geek84
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

Any reliable hair loss treatments

Post by geek84 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:27 am

I am approaching my mid 40s and have been suffering from hair loss for the last 20 years or so. The back of my head is ok and is quite full of hair, and it seems the majority of my hair loss is from the top of my head.

I have tried changing hair oils and shampoos, but have not seen any success in stopping this hair loss. Somebody recently suggested that I massage different types of oils such as coconut oil, sesame oil, and oliver oil into my scalp. I tried all these for a few months but still no success.

Has somebody got any different suggestions?

Thanks

Anxious1
Prolific Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood II A

Re: Any reliable hair loss treatments

Post by Anxious1 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:14 pm

well, ur options are basically, :

1. u can use the 'big three', minoxidil(rogaine), finasteride(propecia) and ketoconazole)nizoral, proven to work to some degree, but riddled with problems, such as side effects, and shedding.

2. u can go on a regime of supplements, such as that found on *edited*, u can try the top 6

3. u can try Low level laser therapy, either buy a product from somewhere, (with 100+ diodes), or DIY one here *edited*

4. u can try one or more topicals, from one of these new stemcell companies. youll have to read some threads in this forum to find the info, cos i dont know about them.

5. A combination of all of these. or a hair transplant.

any combination or regime should address some issues, basically (in no order):

- blocking DHT through some pathway that stops conversion. i.e finasteride, or some of immortalhairs supplements,

- killing and mites or parasites, and lifting bacteria and yeast that cause dandruff and seboraic dermititis. i.e. nizoral or tea tree oil, eucalyptis oil, Grapefuruit seed extract etc, or use a topical with a combination of these oils

- heavy metal chelation i.e gluatathione, chlorella

- circulation

- Thyroid problems, i.e iodine.

- diet, exercise, and overall health.

to put simply, most of us here, r using a regime of supplements, + a few topicals, + perhaps finasteride or lasers. and addressing all the angles we can think of.

Pete2
Prolific Poster

Post by Pete2 » Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:59 am

The kind of things to consider are - when I have fine tuned my suggestions I will let you know :

1) Antinflammation shampoo
2) 2 X Topical to stimulate hairgrowth

Regards
Pete
Last edited by Pete2 on Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

rocco

Post by rocco » Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:39 pm

Pete,

Have you fine tuned them yet?

Thanks

Pete2
Prolific Poster

Post by Pete2 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:22 am

Hi

The topical i have in mind doesnt exist!!!

Perhaps Ill have to make it :)

Thanks
Pete

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:50 pm

What do you want it to consist of?

rocco

Post by rocco » Mon May 03, 2010 5:34 pm

pete,

are you still taking this epilobium? http://www.vitacost.com/Metabolic-Respo ... uctReviews

jacob,

what topicals are you currently using? i have been on the lamas for 9 months now. no major differences.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Mon May 03, 2010 8:02 pm

Rocco..welcome to the forums. I'm currently using that Stem C'rum(once a week)..along with the Dermatopoietin Hair Protection System(4 days in a row.then a 10 day break)..Lamas Scalp Serum(every other day)..and Pristeen Nanolipo-hGH(every other day).

Did you use the Lamas twice a day..nothing else? Regardless..at least you gave it a good 9 months.

Pete2
Prolific Poster

Post by Pete2 » Tue May 11, 2010 9:29 pm

rocco wrote:pete,

are you still taking this epilobium? http://www.vitacost.com/Metabolic-Respo ... uctReviews

jacob,

what topicals are you currently using? i have been on the lamas for 9 months now. no major differences.

Ive really been away from board for a while and not alot has changed in many years - nothing really exciting topical wise at all (in my opinion ) - ive been looking into something else - stress response.

Will probably get back on a regime soon of Epilobium and a topical and stress reduction.

Topical wise, I would suggest Elsom Terminal 1 is probably worth trying and if you have a hairline and temple loss / bald spot and want alternate try Regenerator X.

When Ive put my ideas on paper I might be able to suggest something better :)

Thanks
Pete
Last edited by Pete2 on Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:41 am, edited 2 times in total.

avgjoe
Regular Poster
Treatment Regimen: Promox
Nizoral
HairMax

Post by avgjoe » Sun May 16, 2010 4:37 am

Pete2 wrote:
rocco wrote:pete,

jacob,

Ive really been away from board for a while and not alot has changed in many years - nothing really exciting topical wise at all (in my opinion ) - ive been looking into something else - stress response.

Will probably get back on a regime soon of Epilobium and a topical and stress reduction.

Topical wise, I would suggest Elsom Terminal 1 and 2 are probably worth trying and if you have a bald spot and want alternate try Regenerator X.

When Ive put my ideas on paper I might be able to suggest something better :)

Thanks
Pete
Hi Pete

Am keen on trying Regenerator X, as I've heard of it in the UK - but can't find any info on the product. Why do you suggest it as a product?

Thx

ChuckP
Seasoned Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)

Post by ChuckP » Sun May 16, 2010 11:44 am

Jacob
When you use the Dermatopoietin and the Lamas on the same day how do you use it. Which one first and how long in between putting one on should I wait to put the other on.
Thanks

Pete2
Prolific Poster

Post by Pete2 » Sun May 16, 2010 12:26 pm

I would rotate Topicals rather than using one exlusively. I came across Regenerator X a while back.

When you look at the ingredients its pretty simplictic and basic which is the reason why I like it. As its a cream base its ideal for hairline /temple loss and bald spots. You could use another more liquid topical in hairier areas.

http://www.hfldirect.com/index.php?main ... c12008842c

Im hoping there will be better topicals in the future will let you know when i find one :)

Thanks
Pete
Last edited by Pete2 on Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.

ChuckP
Seasoned Poster

Post by ChuckP » Sun May 16, 2010 12:52 pm

Thanks Pete2
Have you had any success with the Regenerator X.....I have been using the Lamas topical only once a day at night. I haven't really been losing alot of hair as of late but I think I really need to load up on more topicals if I want to see any regrowth.

Pete2
Prolific Poster

Post by Pete2 » Sun May 16, 2010 1:09 pm

The best ones of come across on paper seem to be Lamas and Elsoms T1 for general hair coverage and perhaps Regen X for temples /hairline/baldspot.

I used Regen X a while back in the hairline and temple areas and yes there seemed to be regrowth but it does take some time to see results so i would combine it with another topical.

Thanks
Pete

avgjoe
Regular Poster
Treatment Regimen: Promox
Nizoral
HairMax

Post by avgjoe » Thu May 20, 2010 1:31 pm

Hi Pete

I can't find any info on RegenX on that link - I'm curious, what does it contain that makes it appropriate for bald spots and temple areas. I'm keen to use something that is more aggressive, even contemplating Crescina. Can you tell me what the ingredients are in RegenX?

Pete2
Prolific Poster

Post by Pete2 » Thu May 20, 2010 10:29 pm

Just tried the link and it works.

As ive scanned alot topicals on the market , logic tells me that sometimes a simpler approach may be the better route. heres some info:

Re-growing Hair
Hair re-growth does not happen in days – unfortunately. However it is possible to re-grow hair, even in someone who has been bald for years, given time.

The product that achieves this is Regenerator –X. It contains natural plant extracts proven in clinical trials to inhibit DHT and increase blow flow in the scalp region, as well as fat mobilising agents that unclog the small capilliaries through which blood circulates to the scalp, that are often closed up by fatty deposits. As well as dramatically improving blood flow, it increases lymph flow which removes waste products from the scalp (and throughout the body).

As well as being effective for male pattern baldness it will also work for any female pattern and thinning hair. It is simply applied to the relevant areas 2-3 times daily and left to penetrate the scalp for at least 3-4 hours before washing your hair, should you need to do so.

REGENERATOR-X
Ingredients: WATER, PEG-12, GLYCERYL DISTEARATE, MUSA SAPIENTUM (BANANA) FRUIT EXTRACT, ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF EXTRACT, CYCLOMETHICONE, GLYCERYL STEARATE, PEG-100 STEARATE, PEG-12 DIMETHICONE, PHENOXYETHANOL, COCOS NUCIFERA (COCONUT) OIL, MENTHOL, PANTHENOL, ALLANTOIN, CARBOMER, XANTHAN GUM, TRIETHANOLAMINE, FRAGRANCE, METHYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN, SODIUM METABISULFITE, METHYLISOTHIAZOLINONE.

Thanks
Pete
Last edited by Pete2 on Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Fri May 21, 2010 8:15 am

ChuckP wrote:Jacob
When you use the Dermatopoietin and the Lamas on the same day how do you use it. Which one first and how long in between putting one on should I wait to put the other on.
Thanks
I always only use one topical at a time. The Lamas in the morning..the Dermatopoietin in the evening.

Lately though..with the expensive Stem C'rum..I'm only using things in the evenings. Lamas 2..3 at the most..times a week.

Hair loss victim
Norwood Level: Norwood II
Treatment Regimen: I use Endurahair for men, take twice daily and I've been doing it for years and I have had good results.

Post by Hair loss victim » Sat May 29, 2010 2:55 pm

Hi guys,

Jumping into your conversation, I would say topical applications are always a good first response, but I would definitly recommend an oral treatment as well because these products usually have better lasting effects as they disrupt the processes that cause hair loss. I have tried endura hair for men, you can visit their website at this link http://www.endurahair.com/rehana.html , to regrow hair naturally, as I've been losing hair for about 10 years, when I started taking endurahair it stopped, so I stopped taking it, but about 5 years later my hair loss returned and I started taking it again, my hair did not respond as fast as when I was younger but I have still seen positive results of thicker hair and stopped losing hair. I would say to try the natural stuff before the medicated stuff to avoid side effects if possible. But it really depends on how far along your hair loss is, as mine was pretty bad a one point, now I look decent. Goodluck with what ever you take!

-Avoid medicated treatments if possible
-Topicals are good but make sure to take an oral

Sam

ChuckP
Seasoned Poster

Post by ChuckP » Sat May 29, 2010 7:12 pm

And how much commission do you get if we buy some lol

Hair loss victim
Treatment Regimen: I use Endurahair for men, take twice daily and I've been doing it for years and I have had good results.

Post by Hair loss victim » Sun May 30, 2010 12:08 pm

lol, none. Just letting you guys know what I take and that i was for the most part impressed with the results. I've also tried procerin and avacor, but have had the best experience with ************. I was reading what you guys were saying about Regenaration X, it sounds like something I would like to try as a topical and the ingredients didn't seem all that toxic! I think I'm going to give it a look. About what stage would you consider yourself on the nor scale? I was border line 3 but would say I'm about 2 now :P

Jocko59
Regular Poster
Treatment Regimen: Ecklonia Cava

Post by Jocko59 » Mon May 31, 2010 10:03 am

I looked at that website. I didn't see anything on it describing the ingrediants in the pills. A little odd and suspicious if you ask me.

Joey Ramone
Prolific Poster

Post by Joey Ramone » Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:38 am

Meh, saw palmetto is just a poor man's propecia that I'd suggest staying away from anyway. Still, if it's working for you then go for gold bro.

Oh, and isn't regenx the stuff that Matt McConaughey was supposedly using to grow his hair back?

Pete2
Prolific Poster

Post by Pete2 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:37 am

Just to let you know that Regenerator X has been discontinued - bit of a shame as it would suit advanced hairloss cases.

Thanks
Pete

cloud9
Seasoned Poster

Post by cloud9 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:38 am

After I ordered Regenerator X I got an email from them a week later telling me they don't ship to the states . I didn't see it mentioned on their site .

Pete2
Prolific Poster

Post by Pete2 » Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:53 pm

I have a feeling we are likely to see topicals which are very good at regeneration.

Thanks
Pete

Joey Ramone
Prolific Poster

Post by Joey Ramone » Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:23 am

You do talk some sh*t pete2.