Prevention

Read about and discuss general hair loss topics.

Moderator: moderators

chibilito
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

Prevention

Post by chibilito » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:34 pm

hi i am new here
i'm 23 yrs old and my hair starting to fall off. what should i do to stop this. and how can i prevent baldness. thanks

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Re: Prevention

Post by Jacob » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:11 am

Hello chibilito..welcome to the forums 8)

Some will tell you to get on the "Big 3"....others, like me..will say try some good topicals and stick with them for 6+ months. Make sure your diet isn't too crazy...maybe take a few decent supplements. Some will tell you to also try LLLT(lasers). etc etc.

Does hair loss run in your family?

FightingBack26
Regular Poster

Post by FightingBack26 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:11 am

Hey Jacob,
Do you know of any shampoos that are good for both dandruff and thickening? I'm thinking of Nizoral but Id rather use something that does both. If there isn't anything good that does both what's a good thickening shampoo?

chibilito

Post by chibilito » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:51 pm

yes it runs to my family. my uncles, cousins and my brother are near to bald. but my father is 56 yrs old and he still have a thick hair.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:43 am

FightingBack26 wrote:Hey Jacob,
Do you know of any shampoos that are good for both dandruff and thickening? I'm thinking of Nizoral but Id rather use something that does both. If there isn't anything good that does both what's a good thickening shampoo?
IMO a styling aid type thing is going to do more for thickening than a shampoo..but ones that I've tried that helped a bit are by Lamas and another by Phyto.

Plenty of "natural" shampoos out there to help with scalp conditions.I think Lamas' Chinese herbal is a good one for that. Topicals as well..or treatments like Kerastase Biotic. And in case you missed the thread..probiotics can help with scalp conditions/dandruff. Omega 3's etc can also help.

FightingBack26
Regular Poster

Post by FightingBack26 » Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:23 pm

Jacob wrote:
FightingBack26 wrote:Hey Jacob,
IMO a styling aid type thing is going to do more for thickening than a shampoo..but ones that I've tried that helped a bit are by Lamas and another by Phyto.

Plenty of "natural" shampoos out there to help with scalp conditions.I think Lamas' Chinese herbal is a good one for that. Topicals as well..or treatments like Kerastase Biotic. And in case you missed the thread..probiotics can help with scalp conditions/dandruff. Omega 3's etc can also help.
Hey Jacob,
Thanks for the info. Looking into it.