Wanting something to switch to from Xandrox-15% plus

Read about and discuss general hair loss topics.

Moderator: moderators

Joey Ramone
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood II
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

Wanting something to switch to from Xandrox-15% plus

Post by Joey Ramone » Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:28 am

Hey,

Been on Xandrox 5% in the morning and 15% plus followed by spiro 5% cream at night for about a year now. I've also been taking resveratrol, curcumin, green tea extract, taurine, zinc and a few other things from lef.org during this time. Haven't really changed anything at all for about 8-9 months.

So... not really sure where to go now. I'm 27 with thinned out hair and some hairline recession that really exploded after trying oral finasteride for the first time a few years ago. I went off that, tried a few things, eventually got to xandrox and really haven't seen that much change since my original adventure in fin. Just a slow, progressive thinning and recession. Either way, the xandrox is doing poo all and I'm still losing ground and still itching it up on the scalp.

So, where do I go from here?

I'm thinking of getting off Dr Lee's products altogether and switching to the Elsom terminal 1 & 2, then adding a laser helmet if OMG ever gets back to me and seeing how I go.

Do people think I would lose 'maintained' hair from minox and fin if I stopped it now and tried something else?
What else could I try?

Has anything, ever, in the history of man, given someone regrowth? Ever?

I haven't seen it.

bear101
Regular Poster
Treatment Regimen: 300 diode laser Messiah 2 (3 times a week for 20 min sessions, at least 2 days between sessions)

Re: Wanting something to switch to from Xandrox-15% plus

Post by bear101 » Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:45 am

I haven't seen regrowth in person, but there are plenty of pictures showing regrowth from propecia (mostly) and rogaine on another site (hairlosstalk).

wildhair
Occasional Poster
Hair Loss Type: Alopecia Universalis
Norwood Level: Norwood III
Treatment Regimen: LLT, minomuck, & just about anything....

Post by wildhair » Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:41 pm

You haven't given it a chance. Give it at least 6 months. I'm going on 4 months with Xandrox-15% plus. The first 2-3 months I lost hair, but into the 4th month my hair is thicker. The hairline is only slightly better... a few dark hairs venturing forth. So far no unwanted sides... knock on wood :lol:

Joey Ramone
Prolific Poster

Post by Joey Ramone » Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:43 pm

Did I not mention that this is a minoxidil/finasteride based regimen and that I've been on it for about a year? I think I've given it enough time to know it's not working out for me now.

My hair is still deteriorating at the same slow pace as always although I'm still only about a NW II with diffuse thinning throughout. Still haven't had anyone mention it and I'm not an unsocial person. Point being, I still think I have room to take risks with my hair loss. I'm planning on putting a custom topical together through Elsom, getting myself a helmet (still undecided on this), using a dermaroller a few times a week and getting more consistent with supplements and a healthy diet.

I'll keep going with Dr Lee's stuff for the next couple of months while I'm deciding what I want in a topical and then I'll gradually ween myself off it once everything arrives.

F-en seriously excited to be getting off finasteride. Who's with me? \:D/

Joey Ramone
Prolific Poster

Post by Joey Ramone » Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:51 am

Ordered myself the Elsom terminals and some lamas stuff.
Will see how it goes.