I'm BACK, baby... Six month transplant/lasers update, too!

Read about and discuss general hair loss topics.

Moderator: moderators

OverMachoGrande
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Have you had a hair transplant?: Yes

I'm BACK, baby... Six month transplant/lasers update, too!

Post by OverMachoGrande » Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:23 pm

...And I purposely put this in the general hair loss discussion because it won't get read in the hair transplant section!

Sorry I've been gone again, but I'm back -and I'm working on the email I have built up for the past few weeks today. I'm back building helmets -with a gusto, I might add... I have 12 or so right in front of me.

Ok, this is why you should use lasers in conjunction with a transplant! CRAZY ASS HAIR! lol... [and yeah, I know it looks funny like that]

This is obviously after my hair dried after a shower without any styling. Again... it's under the HARSHEST LIGHTING CONDITION IMAGINABLE... no pussyfooting around it, those lights are probably two feet over my head, unlike "professional" before after pictures used in studies, etc. (they use ambient room lighting).

Six months, and I'd say every single one of my transplanted hairs is already out. Many have been growing the entire six month and are "pohl pinkus" hairs, which means that you can see how the tip is dark, there is a 1/4 to 1/2 inch of white, and then it turns back dark again. I'll try to take a picture of that soon because they are still on my head like that (and I've already shot a raw video of this that I'll put together later).

Here is what I'd say is profound... all the transplanted hairs were probably easily out by month FIVE at the latest, and that is more than TWICE AS FAST as the transplant I got earlier this decade. I actually remember the first time I really felt confident about my first transplant, and it was past the ONE YEAR point.

If you remember, I used the Post Transplant Healing Device for my recovery, and I attribute most of my success in terms of speed/profundity due to the fact that I used this device IMMEDIATELY after the surgery, and INTENSLY during the first two weeks. In retrospect, I should have used that device MORE, because as we have found out... wound healing is significantly a "different animal" than for hair growth. It requires a lot more joules, and I think I could have probably tripled my use easily and I would have gotten even quicker results.

All of this will be documented in the upcoming video.

Let me tell you what you are looking at with my hair, though, because I want you guys to understand what I am doing here. Yes... I'm growing my hair out LONG. I'm so happy I can finally do that (and I couldn't even do that years ago after my first transplant because it's the LASERS that are making the hair thick, dense, and healthy). Right now, my bangs are way shorter than I want them to be. A lot of the hair from my transplant is still only a couple of inches long, so it hasn't grown out to the length of my other hair yet. WHEN THAT HAPPENS... my hair will look RIDICULOUSLY THICK! So, anyway, that's why there is still a slight, I don't know "comb over?" look to it -which won't be the case in another four of five months once those hairs get longer. That hair on the temples will eventually fall down like the longer hair in the front, and it should look really good.

Anyway, I've made the case a million times... the definition of success with hair loss is this:

1) Find something that stops further loss -which didn't exist for me and a lot others until we found lasers.

2) Find something that thickens and restores a youthful vibrancy to your existing hairs -once again, lasers are the only thing I know of that does this to this extent.

3) Replace the follicles that aren't going to ever come back with new follicles -and the best way to do that right now is with a hair transplant. You're kidding yourself if you think you can reverse loss over ever just a couple of years -nothing reliably does that right now. I'd love for that to change, but there you go... I said it, and not one person can make me eat my words yet.

So, there you go... that's the "definition of success" the way I see it, and the way you should to if you want to stop kidding around with this crap! lol... My hair CERTAINLY didn't look like this after my first hair transplant... it was still lifeless and dead, and I hadn't taken care of the underlying problem.

So, if you think having hair that looks this good is going to make me relax a bit... you are NUTS! lol... I'm going to be working harder than ever to make sure I keep this hair and can continue to wear it full and bushy until I'm so old that it looks ridiculous. ...And like I said, I'm taking the laser helmets to the next level, I've increased productivity, and all I need to do is answer my backlog of email.

FYI... I'm getting married to the laser babe next weekend! Anyone that is in traveling distance to Savannah is welcome to show up! Hopefully Rosario and Nidhogge are going to be there. I've unsuccessfully tried to convince Chore Boy, but maybe I can change his mind further. We are going to do a Ghost Tour on Friday night, drink at a haunted bar, etc.! It'll be a blast!

-John (O.M.G.)
Last edited by OverMachoGrande on Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • "When all else fails, lie about OverMachoGrande." -observations by Jdp710
Build the most effective laser device in the world at http://www.overmachogrande.com...

Chargers 21
Have you had a hair transplant?: No
Treatment Regimen: Lasers vitamins etc.

Re: I'm BACK, baby... Six month transplant/lasers update, too!

Post by Chargers 21 » Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:06 pm

Looking good John, put some gel on that bad boy and youll be lookin like michael corleone.

MG63
Seasoned Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood II
Treatment Regimen: Laser
Dermaheal
Crescina Stem Cell 500

Post by MG63 » Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:34 am

Looks good John. Congratulations on the big day!

chore boy
Prolific Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood II

Post by chore boy » Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:46 am

amsch
Occasional Poster

Post by amsch » Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:11 pm

Looks very good.
Would you mind posting a pic of your crown as well? (without any styling/toppik product, just like above)

bald2thebone
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood III
Treatment Regimen: Nirzoral every day, 15min of sunlight/day

Post by bald2thebone » Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:32 pm

Congrats John on your hair and up coming marriage to laser babe. Please reply to email or send me a PM as I want to buy a helmet ASAP. Thanks.

James
Seasoned Poster

Post by James » Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:29 pm

Looking good man, especially for 6 months.

Congrats on getting married. That is HUGE!

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:26 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
chore boy wrote:Image

OverMachoGrande
Prolific Poster

Post by OverMachoGrande » Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:40 pm

Is that supposed to look like me?? Aside from the blue eyes... I don't see it!
Build the most effective laser device in the world at http://www.overmachogrande.com...

SunShine
Norwood Level: Norwood II A

Post by SunShine » Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:11 pm

Hey OMG

Congrats dude, that looks great,... damm ... I`ll have to get my gaps filled in with a transplant.

You said ..` I used this device IMMEDIATELY after the surgery, and INTENSLY during the first two weeks`

How long where the laser sessions for wound healing ?

Fizzball
Prolific Poster

Post by Fizzball » Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:49 am

Hey OMG, it nice to have you back with great news on all counts, hair and wedding :)

Judging from your image below I can see that the frontal scalp seems to typical to that of a hair transplant and as you have said is still early days as all the hairs have not fully grown yet to the similar length of your other hair and as such density isn't completely there yet.
Overall your hair is looking very health and I am glad you are pleased with the outcome.
I can't wait to see this upcoming video of yours and perhaps more images :)

May I ask what type of hair transplant technique did you undergo... FUE (follicular unit Extraction) or the typical FUSS (Follicular Unit Strip Surgery) transplant, I ask because for a long time I have considered a HT (Hair Transplant) the only successful method to repair a receding hairline however I am terribly fearful of the scar FUSS would cause and overall feeling of a scar at the donor site of my head... I am the type of person that will constantly touch my scare on my head and feel self conscious.
Don't mistake my optimism for stupidity

brh1219

Post by brh1219 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:08 pm

Hey OMG I was just in Savannah Last weekend for a wedding in front of that huge waterfountain in the park. Congrats!

Dobika
Regular Poster
Treatment Regimen: Lasers, toco8, scalp exercises, diet, exercise, nioxin

Post by Dobika » Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:30 pm

Hey OMG it like your life is in a good place right now. Congrats on both the HT and the upcoming wedding. Life is Good!

OverMachoGrande
Prolific Poster

Post by OverMachoGrande » Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:33 am

brh1219 wrote:Hey OMG I was just in Savannah Last weekend for a wedding in front of that huge waterfountain in the park. Congrats!

Holy crap! That's were I got married!

What's funny is that we WEREN'T POSING for this picture! This was just a picture taken by a guest (obviously right before the ceremony because I'm not wearing my ring!)... so I guess we just naturally looked cool! lol...

I really liked my tux, by the way... I'm tall enough that I'm one of the few people that can pull off the really long, four button jackets without looking like a magician or like I'm two feet tall. Y'all may see that tuxedo in videos coming up. It's too cool to just keep in storage.

...And thanks, Dobika!

James
Seasoned Poster

Post by James » Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:35 pm

You guys look badass! Congratulations man! Happy to see you around here.

checkingin
Occasional Poster

Post by checkingin » Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:17 pm

Welcome back OMG. Congrats on the wedding, pic looks great and you seem very content.

Be checking your email from checkinginva@yahoo.com. Don't worry about looking for previous email, I'll shoot you a new one. Let me know if the email address that I am sending to is wrong. I looked and I previously sent an email on Nov 15 to lasermessiah@lasermessiah.com. That should have probably gone to omg@overmachogrande.com??