BE A MAN! The "Feminization of the Male" Series, by O.M.G... "Taking the pill for past 40 years 'has put women off masculine men'"

Read about and discuss general hair loss topics.

Moderator: moderators

OverMachoGrande
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Have you had a hair transplant?: Yes

BE A MAN! The "Feminization of the Male" Series, by O.M.G... "Taking the pill for past 40 years 'has put women off masculine men'"

Post by OverMachoGrande » Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:04 pm

I'm full of testosterone, and I'm proud of it.

I'm a stinky, sweaty, aggressive, sexually potent, INTELLIGENT male -so I reap the benefits of everything positive testosterone will give me. I'm chivalrous, I'm a leader, I don't resort to snaky tactics, and I make strong decisions based on principle -all symptoms of someone that is functioning like a red blooded American male SHOULD, and I wouldn't have it any other way!

This article is very interesting to me because even during my brief lifespan, I've noticed the increasing FEMINIZATION of the MALE. I've made a lot of posts about it in the forums before, too, so this is a part of that ever-growing collection (which will soon be given a permanent place to reside).

I think the feminization of the male has resulted frankly in a worldwide bunch of panic-stricken, whiney, catty, backstabbing b*tches, an increase in behaviors that I find to be disturbing for MEN! lol...

Well, this is an interesting article that touches on this problem. It gives possible reasoning why these catty b*tches are ESCAPING DARWINISM -UNLIKE THEY SHOULD BE. These guys ordinarily would be the ones that WOULDN'T be found attractive, and due to "natural selection", they would ordinarily have been selected for removal from the gene pool.... until NOW! Now, this feminization seems to be actually "encouraged", and I see evidence of it all around me -on TV and in real life. Good lord, when I'm stuck in traffic when the local high school is letting out, I shake my head and say "there is no hope for mankind"! lol...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/artic ... looks.html

It ushered in the 1960s sexual revolution and gave women control over their own fertility.

But the Pill may also have changed women's taste in men, according to a study.

Scientists say the hormones in the oral contraceptive suppress a woman's interest in masculine men and make boyish men more attractive. Although the change occurs for just a few days each month, it may have been highly influential since use of the Pill began more than 40 years ago.

Classic men: In the Fifties, more masculine men like Burt Lancaster and Kurt Douglas were considered attractive

Tough guys: In the Sixties rebels like Sean Connery and Steve McQueen made women weak at the knees

If the theory is right, it could partly explain the shifting in tastes from macho 1950s and 1960s stars such as Kirk Douglas and Sean Connery to the more wimpy, androgynous stars of today, such as Johnny Depp and Russell Brand.

Dr Alexandra Alvergne, of the University of Sheffield, says the Pill could also be altering the way women pick their mates and could have long-term implications for society.

'There are many obvious benefits of the Pill for women, but there is also the possibility that the Pill has psychological side-effects that we are only just discovering,' she said. 'We need further studies to find out what these are.'

The links between the Pill and sexual preferences are highlighted in a paper in the journal Trends in Ecology and Evolution.
Scientists have long known that a woman's taste in men changes over her menstrual cycle.

During the few days each month when women are fertile - around the time of ovulation - they tend to prefer masculine features and men who are more assertive.

On these fertile days, women are also more attracted to men who are 'genetically dissimilar', Dr Alvergne said. Picking a partner whose genetic make-up is unlike their own increases the chances of having a healthy child.

Big hair: Long locks like John Travolta and Ryan O'Neal's hit the spot in the Seventies

Softer look: Pin-ups like Rob Lowe and Michael J. Fox were popular in the Eighties

On days when women are not fertile, their tastes swing towards more feminine, boyish faces and more caring personalities, researchers have shown.
However, if women are taking the Pill they no longer have fertile days. That means they no longer experience the hormonal changes that make them more attracted to masculine men and those with dissimilar genetic make-up.

Although the effect is subtle, Dr Alvergne said it could alter women's view of male attractiveness. 'It is a possibility - but there is no evidence of this yet,' she said. 'We need a lot more research in this area.' In her paper, Dr Alvergne reviewed seven studies showing how the Pill can change women's behaviour.

She also found evidence from three studies that the Pill can affect the way women are looked at by men.
Past studies have shown that men find women more attractive around the time of ovulation, possibly because women have evolved instinctive ways, by their natural scent or their behaviour, of alerting men that they are fertile. One study showed that lap dancers get bigger tips at the time of the month when they are most fertile.

Dr Alvergne said the use of the Pill could influence a woman's ability to attract a mate by reducing her attractiveness to men.

Girly locks: Heart throbs of the Nineties had flowing hair

Her co-author at Sheffield, Dr Virpi Lumma, said: 'The ultimate outstanding evolutionary question concerns whether the use of oral contraceptives when making mating decisions can have long-term consequences on the ability of couples to reproduce.' An increasing number of studies suggest that the Pill is likely to have an impact on human mating decisions and subsequent reproduction.

'If this is the case, Pill use will have implications for both current and future generations, and we hope that our review will stimulate further research on this question,' said Dr Lumma.

The changing fashions for film stars appear to show a shift from masculine men in the 1950s - before the advent of the Pill - to more baby-faced stars today.

Many of the biggest box office draws are boyish in appearance, rather than classically rugged. The top Hollywood earners of last year include Will Smith, Johnny Depp, Leonardo DiCaprio and Hugh Jackman. Other boyish film stars include Jude Law.

The rise of such stars could also be explained by cynical attempts to market films and merchandise at an ever younger age group.

Tweeny pin-ups: 2009 favourites look cheeky and boyish like Zac Efron

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ok, what this article DOESN'T TELL YOU is this... this can absolutely be worked to our advantage -and by "our", I mean real men, not catty b*tches. The increase of girly men means that a REAL MAN is starting to have a certain allure to it.

I'm sure a lot of you can back this up with your own personal stories: I've been to cities and in social situations where most of the guys are girly men, and I stand out like a sore thumb. In those situations, I NEVER get more "looks" from girls. The second I start mentioning things like "Yeah, I have a workshop and build things out of wood and stuff", they are just AMAZED.

So, the purpose of me telling you this is right here: There is an ever-increasing opportunity for real men in the world to go even further EASIER. Look at me with the laser babe for god sakes -that's living proof!

lol... I hope you enjoyed this, and YES, I know I didn't post this in the off-topic section because no one would read it there. Always here to give you commentary that you wouldn't get normally...

-John Christian (O.M.G.)
Last edited by OverMachoGrande on Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
  • "When all else fails, lie about OverMachoGrande." -observations by Jdp710
Build the most effective laser device in the world at http://www.overmachogrande.com...

hairisgood
Regular Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood II
Have you had a hair transplant?: No
Treatment Regimen: 300+ diode laser helmet 3x per week for 20 minutes

Re: BE A MAN! The "Femanization of the Male" Series, by O.M.G... "Taking the pill for past 40 years 'has put women off masculine men'"

Post by hairisgood » Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:14 pm

Completely agree with you OMG. A lot of the time you think they must be gay..but they aren't even gay, just feminized men. I think it has a lot to do with your upbringing too. Single moms can not teach their children how to become men. I've found most of my friends (i don't have feminized friends) have strong father figures and also usually have a brother that they always competed with growing up.

Swoosh
Regular Poster

Re: BE A MAN! The "Feminization of the Male" Series, by O.M.G... "Taking the pill for past 40 years 'has put women off masculine men'"

Post by Swoosh » Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:22 pm

Take a fvcking shower you smelly bastard! Unless you're on the job, that has nothing to do with your masculinity you tool. \:D/

OverMachoGrande
Prolific Poster
Have you had a hair transplant?: Yes

Re: BE A MAN! The "Feminization of the Male" Series, by O.M.G... "Taking the pill for past 40 years 'has put women off masculine men'"

Post by OverMachoGrande » Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:25 pm

My SMELL begs to differ with your assessment of the situation! lol...
  • "When all else fails, lie about OverMachoGrande." -observations by Jdp710
Build the most effective laser device in the world at http://www.overmachogrande.com...

Anxious1
Prolific Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood II A

Post by Anxious1 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:11 pm

gotta wonder wat happens when a hot 18 yr old on the pill, gets together with a male on finasteride, have a baby,
how feminine will that baby be. lol

or if the same thing happens to that baby when it gets older, and mates with another guy on finasteride

u gotta wonder wat we r instilling into our grandchidren when we fuk around with our hormones. i am reminded of that episode of southpark, where the people of the future timetravel back in time to southpark, to find work.

they say they all look the same because of different races breeding with each other.

personally i agree, eventually generations down the track, i honestly believe we will all look the same, and be the same sex, which makes the predictions of wat aliens look like in movies, with there humanoid appearance very real.

or perhaps i just am nuts, and dont know wat im going on about, either way.

nidhogge
Regular Poster
Treatment Regimen: - Laser Helmet 3x a week, 20 minutes per session
- Magnesium Oil applied to scalp in the shower and massaged in well, left on for duration of shower
- HGF (Hair Growth Factors) custom formulation from Caregen once or twice a day
- A&G Complex (2 vials left)
- Primordial Performance HairGen Trial topical (coming soon)
- ImmortalHair.org regimen coupled with 112Degrees.com's product for hormonal balance

Post by nidhogge » Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:49 am

AMEN to this. I call it the "pussification of the male". Kurt Russell proved that you can have long hair and still be badass, but the buck stops there!

James
Seasoned Poster

Post by James » Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:21 pm

I dunno, there is totally a gender crossover thing happening, but I don't think it can be singled down to pill popping. Societies change, culture changes, the roles of men and women are not as clear cut as they were during the time humans were hunter gatherers when it simply made sense for men to do certain things and for women to do other things.

I also think a lot of this happens because there is one side of the coin, feminists, who have been oppressed forever and view the masculine as evil. Because of this there is pressure for men to suppress their testosterone fueled "#$%! it or kill it" way or are pressured to explore their feminine side, which they may enjoy or #$%! hate.

Personally, this really doesn't bother me at all. I don't agree with the idea that there is a way that a man should be, but I do agree that men has certain strengths and women have certain strengths and there is a war between them instead of embracing the strengths in each.

Actually, the pill does probably have something to do with this. Propecia too. Environmental estrogens too. %&$!.

wildhair
Occasional Poster
Hair Loss Type: Alopecia Universalis
Norwood Level: Norwood III
Treatment Regimen: LLT, minomuck, & just about anything....

Post by wildhair » Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:05 pm

This is a great post, OMG. Remember Fight Club? Our society expects obedience and domestication. An outlet for aggression is a must when every where you turn your culture expects you to follow another rule.

LaserKid
Regular Poster

Post by LaserKid » Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:13 pm

LOL, I agree with this. My old girlfriend tried to get me to wax my chest and shave my armpits, said it would look better. She also tried to get me to pluck my monobrow. I told her to F off and do my ironing

0416Dr
Prolific Poster
Treatment Regimen: Niz

Post by 0416Dr » Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:40 pm

Nice post. My last girldfriend tried to change me too, that is why I do not see here anymore. Anyway, the world is about perfectionism, I think the media is playing a very big roll here as well.... The media is trying to create the perfect looking person or something like that. Men are not so sensitive when seeing a "perfect" dude on tv, but it seems woman are. You mostly see only good looking actors, presenters, singers etc. and not the avarage person you would see on the street. Music videos containing people with perfect bodies and faces...

on the flipside...I actually like it...maybe Im infected now?
I went to buy a camouflage jacket the other day but I couldn't find any.

nidhogge
Regular Poster
Treatment Regimen: - Laser Helmet 3x a week, 20 minutes per session
- Magnesium Oil applied to scalp in the shower and massaged in well, left on for duration of shower
- HGF (Hair Growth Factors) custom formulation from Caregen once or twice a day
- A&G Complex (2 vials left)
- Primordial Performance HairGen Trial topical (coming soon)
- ImmortalHair.org regimen coupled with 112Degrees.com's product for hormonal balance

Post by nidhogge » Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:17 pm

Eh, the monobrow should go man. ;)