beleivers of the skull expansion theory.

Read about and discuss general hair loss topics.

Moderator: moderators

cuebreeze
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Norwood Level: Norwood III
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

beleivers of the skull expansion theory.

Post by cuebreeze » Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:37 pm

Hey everyone/anyone. So ive read thru the whole ebook 'here today, hair tomorrow' which is based on the whole skull expansion theory.

I have become a strong beleiver since reading that skull expansion is the root cause of hairloss. (you really gotta read this book before calling it quackery).

Anyway im just after anyone else who has read it or beleives it to be the cause also and would like to talk about fixes.

I am in the process of creating device that can reshape the frontal and rear emenecies during sleep. Obviouslly this would be done with maximum (but still safe) pressure.

Basically we need something that pushes these areas of skull expansion back intowards the scalp the same way they are growing out. (also the temporal ridge should be adressed in my mind by bringing it up and inwards towards the centre point of the scalp.
Also for anyone saying bone cant be reshaped this is wrong. It just takes a long time (months) of exercies but by creating a device during sleep thats how i plan to beat hairloss alot easier and quicker.

Theres a pic of the frontal emenecies buldging. (the two circle lumps)

So some ideas on this device would be great from anyone who has considered something similar or read the book.

p__
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood II A

Re: beleivers of the skull expansion theory.

Post by p__ » Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:26 pm

Uh..you made another thread about this just two days ago, see http://www.hairlossfight.com/forums/vie ... f=1&t=1495

Just out of curiosity, why do you need another thread about it?

Anxious1
Prolific Poster

Post by Anxious1 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:49 pm

im not sure whether i belive it or not, but it certainly is interesting.

how would u be able to say its the skull enlarging instead or the skin and related fat/muscle layers, becoming thinner and tighter. combined with the dht, that seems to be more relevant IMO, as males have an appendage at the opposite end (lol), that 'steals', the tightness of skin to get an erection.

if u guys can understand that, then the skin being pulled tight also accounts for the correlation being the muscle layers on the scalp, and the varying amounts of mpb dependant on the 'squarish or roundish shape of the skull.

but r.e. the skull theory, osteoblasts create the bone, osteocytes maintain the bone, and osteoclasts break down the bone. technically its not a matter of putting pressure and trying to squeeze the skull (id imagine that would make it worse by constricting bloodflow), but just making something that is the perfect size of the skull , to wear at night, so as bone gets broken down, oseteoblasts cant make it bigger. i dont see how u could do this unless u had no hair on ur head.

i'd be seeking some sort of proof that it can help, like photos or something.

theres just too many ppl making ebooks for profit.

jksl
Prolific Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood II
Treatment Regimen: Emu Oil
Low Level Laser Therapy
Revita Shampoo

Post by jksl » Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:36 pm

I knew about Paul Taylor's skull expansion theory from last year.
http://www.regrowth.com/hairloss-forums ... =1&t=22698

This article kinda lends a bit of credence to the skull expansion theory: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/fashion/stel ... uture.html
It mentions how the bones of our face move as we grow older. Our skull maybe going through the same kind of action as we age.

I was gonna buy the ebook, but it seemed a bit expensive. Anyway, i had a similar theory that i posted at regrowth a long time ago. This is what i wrote:

"I was at a supermarket this morning and i couldn't help but notice the heads of some of the toddlers and babies that were there. They looked like they had MPB, but of course, for them, their temples will fill in as they grow older.

This had me thinking that babies and toddlers have heads that are disproportionate to the rest of their body in size. They have big heads for their bodies. But, as they grow older, their hormone profile change and their bodies grow. Their heads actually change shape as well.

I think, for us, this is process is reversing or going backwards as we age. I swear, the size of my head seemed to get bigger around the time my MPB kicked in. I swear to God even the shape of my skull feels different compared to how it did when i was in my teens.

I know this might seem ridiculous, but what if we were able to get taller and/or bigger so that our heads won't be as disproportionate in size anymore. I know many believe that we stop growing in our early 20's or something, but what if that wasn't true? There are tons of people out there who claim that certain exercises helped them gained inches in height - i am guessing that these exercises helped in activating and increasing further HGH output."

cuebreeze
Prolific Poster

Post by cuebreeze » Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:33 pm

anxious1, good point on the muscle/skin etc. But it could also be the bone affecting the muscles that is affecting the capillary network. Either way im pretty sold on his theory and would like to put it to the test over a few months (maybe 6 be sure). Anyway a helmet worn at night with thicker peices where the skull expands may be a good idea. I certainly wont be applying alot of pressure. Just enough to flatten out when the frontal and rear emenecies have enlarged.

His theory certainly clears alot of the standard questions about hairloss tho and for me thats good enough. Im off dht blockers etc and trying to get healthy again and originally i thought this was a bad option but after reading it seems to make more sense than fin and minox etc so reguardless of opinions i will be trying this out. Hopefully his not blowing smoke and i can spread the good word.

oh an p.... sorry i was so inconsiderate to post 2 times. I deliberatly done that to waste as much of peoples time as possible. hahaha seriously tho, have you got anything to add to the actuall discussion here? good or bad, just relate.

p__
Prolific Poster

Post by p__ » Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:10 am

cuebreeze wrote:oh an p.... sorry i was so inconsiderate to post 2 times. I deliberatly done that to waste as much of peoples time as possible. hahaha seriously tho, have you got anything to add to the actuall discussion here? good or bad, just relate.
Well, it just seemed odd to me, that's all. Especially since you made yet another post a day or so prior to that post as well on basically the same subject. Since I am not a believer in the scull expansion theory I didn't want to intrude too much in your thread, since you called for "believers" to participate. I gave you (some of) the reasons why the scull expansion theory is wrong in that other-other thread...

Anxious1
Prolific Poster

Post by Anxious1 » Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:37 am

i dont think we should be saying it is or it isnt the reason behind mpb, but any possible contributing factor should be looked into.

yes the whole 'transplanted hair being put in to mpb areas grows fine', thing does go against it, but theres alot of things that also make it a good theory. i think it at least warrants some discussion.

Lady Jo
Regular Poster

Post by Lady Jo » Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:33 pm

cuebreeze wrote:Hey everyone/anyone. So ive read thru the whole ebook 'here today, hair tomorrow' which is based on the whole skull expansion theory.

I have become a strong beleiver since reading that skull expansion is the root cause of hairloss. (you really gotta read this book before calling it quackery).

Anyway im just after anyone else who has read it or beleives it to be the cause also and would like to talk about fixes.

I am in the process of creating device that can reshape the frontal and rear emenecies during sleep. Obviouslly this would be done with maximum (but still safe) pressure.

Basically we need something that pushes these areas of skull expansion back intowards the scalp the same way they are growing out. (also the temporal ridge should be adressed in my mind by bringing it up and inwards towards the centre point of the scalp.
Also for anyone saying bone cant be reshaped this is wrong. It just takes a long time (months) of exercies but by creating a device during sleep thats how i plan to beat hairloss alot easier and quicker.

Theres a pic of the frontal emenecies buldging. (the two circle lumps)

So some ideas on this device would be great from anyone who has considered something similar or read the book.

Make sense..I've seen something like a head band for people who had apnea and maybe you could make one like that.
which could also help those who have TMG problems. But since we have different head shapes it could be personalized.
Will you still love me when my hair has turned to gray?

roninn36

Post by roninn36 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:05 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Later ... detail.jpg

This link show us detail arteries in our sculp . with the aging and DTH this arteries are blocked by our sculp bones also when we are sleeping we squzee our arteries so we must find a way to unblock these arteries
[quote="cuebreeze"]Hey everyone/anyone. So ive read thru the whole ebook 'here today, hair tomorrow' which is based on the whole skull expansion theory.

I have become a strong beleiver since reading that skull expansion is the root cause of hairloss.

hairlossguy

Post by hairlossguy » Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:09 am

any updates from cuebreeze on whether or not the theories in the book work?

5am
Treatment Regimen: minox; finasteride 1mg

Post by 5am » Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:53 pm

Don't know if anyone would like to revisit an element of this topic but one thing I've recently wondered over in regards to skull expansion, is that men by and large have bigger skulls than women.....

Could this be the reason for mpb in that it specifically occurs when hormonal changes take place that cause the skull to grow further??

I'm probably way off the mark if anyone knows that, even in cases where guys have small heads in comparison to women, they can still suffer with mpb!

Any references/thoughts appreciated.

JohnnyBananas

Post by JohnnyBananas » Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:09 am

The skull expansion theory makes the most sense to me.

Just observe people with thick hair, and people balding. People with thick full hair often have a shorter forehead that goes straight up while people losing their hair often have higher foreheads that are rounding. Also many people who are balding at the crown often have their skull more exposed although you would have to rub your hand on it to know. It's not the case for every single person but I see these characteristics in 80% + of the people balding.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:15 pm

Hey JohnnyBananas...welcome to the forums. Anything you're doing that hits on this skull expansion theory?

JohnnyBananas

Post by JohnnyBananas » Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:52 pm

Thanks for the welcome!

What am I doing? Specifically in regards to skull expansion I massage my skull daily, trying to even out the bumps. The parts where I have a bump or rounded forehead is where the hair loss is occurring. Things like Minoxidil or head massages DO work in my opinion since you will have increased blood flow to the region. It appears to me (through my observations of people with hair loss) that the skull expands and pushes upward on the scalp tissue, cutting off circulation, eventually leading to the death of the follicle as it fails to get the nourishment it needs.

That's why these treatments such as minoxidil do work and for them to continue to work they must be used daily. However that's why they do not "re-grow" new hair. Once the follicle has died it does not get revived. A hair follicle that is thinning does benefit from increased blood flow. In essence we are delaying the deaths of our follicles by using these treatments. With our technology in 2012, we should have had a hair loss remedy by now but until they figure out a way to reshape our skull it will be a long time coming. The more people I observe with hair loss, the more I find what I have said to be true.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:57 pm

Well..a follicle never truly completely "dies"..but yeah..it does get harder to re-grow hair when it gets to that point. I've been using this device for "massaging"..as well as for applying certain topicals: http://teispa.com/hairsonic.html I can definitely feel the increased circulation after using it.

JohnnyBananas

Post by JohnnyBananas » Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:00 pm

I use a similar head massaging device before applying minoxidil. I find the sensation (maybe) circulation is more beneficial this way. #unproventheories

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:26 am

Which device are you using?

JohnnyBananas

Post by JohnnyBananas » Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:44 pm

I have the Wahl heated therapy massager.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:50 pm

Not something you'd want to use while shampoo'n...right? :lol:

I use the Hair Sonic right in the shower. It doesn't heat up..but gets the blood flowing anyway..nice 'n warm water does that as well.

dielixir
Treatment Regimen: Minoxidil

Post by dielixir » Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:03 pm

ah
Last edited by dielixir on Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

dielixir
Treatment Regimen: Minoxidil

Post by dielixir » Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:09 pm

ah