premature balding advice

Read about and discuss general hair loss topics.

Moderator: moderators

Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Norwood Level: Norwood II
Have you had a hair transplant?: No
Treatment Regimen: 300 diode Laser Messiah II
IH's top 3 plus resv
4 Shampoo rotation
Mag Oil 3x a week
Scalpure
Adding Super Zix 2, PP topical, and Pauling Protocol

premature balding advice

Post by 1..... » Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:31 pm

hey guys,

I'm just looking for some advice from younger guys who are balding and having success. I have been trying everything and have not found much success. I am currently on lasers and IH's supplements. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

cuebreeze
Prolific Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood III

Re: premature balding advice

Post by cuebreeze » Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:57 am

Hey man, im 23 and consider myself pretty young. Ive been fighting since about 18. Started with fin and minox. #$%! up my sex life up till now and basically ruined me mentally. It did save most of my hair tho. I just quit cold turkey and cant wait for things to get back on track. It will be a long time but atleast im improving from here on. So my advice would be DO NOT GET ON FIN!!!.

Im currently using lasers and bentonite clay. Plus alot of all natural supplements (with no sides etc).

hapyman
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)

Post by hapyman » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:08 am

1..... wrote:hey guys,

I'm just looking for some advice from younger guys who are balding and having success. I have been trying everything and have not found much success. I am currently on lasers and IH's supplements. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
What kind of laser device did you get? Also how long have you been using it? It can take awhile to see results.

Prolific Poster
IH's top 3 plus resv
4 Shampoo rotation
Mag Oil 3x a week
Scalpure

Post by 1..... » Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:42 am

I have a 300 helmet from OMG. I have only been using it for a month, but my hairline continues to decline. In previous threads on regrowth, there seems to be a low success rate with lllt and early hair loss. I'm hating life right now.

Pete2
Prolific Poster

Post by Pete2 » Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:08 pm

1..... wrote:hey guys,

Elsom has a good range of topicals. Perhaps get some advice from Dr Y?

Regards
Pete

LaserKid
Regular Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)

Post by LaserKid » Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:15 am

Hey man!

I'm 23 and have been pretty much losing my hair since I was about 18/19. I've been on Fin for 4yrs and all I can say is it has definitely helped me, a LOT. I'm not saying it has completely stopped the process, no. I am still progressing as my hair on top is becoming thinner, but it definitely slows the process. A lot of people are against fin because they are getting sides or whatnot, but until you try it for yourself you will never know. I too sometimes get a bit of brain fog, nothing serious, but I've never had any sexual sides. I personally think fin is important in a young person's regime because I think that DHT could be the underlying factor causing the hairloss. It is unlikely that reduced bloodflow due to cholesterol arterial thickening/capillary damage due to sugar intolerance (or other mechanisms) are to blame because they tend to occur later in life.

Lasers have no effect on DHT. However, they may reduce the end point effect of DHT - fibrosis/miniturization. I believe the results of lasers may be enhanced by the use of fin. I see reversing hairloss with lasers like trying to empty a sink of water with a cup, only with the tap dripping. You will eventually empty the sink, but if you turn off the tap (block DHT) you will empty it quicker. That's my opinion.

Bottom line: Hairloss is a relentless bitch. The more angles you attack it from the better

cuebreeze
Prolific Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood III

Post by cuebreeze » Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:40 pm

Finastaride is basically a drug that cuts off male hormones. Take it and you slowly lose your male attributes. You may not notice sides but they are happenening and that can be worse than not noticing side affects.

I think lasers with bentonite clay may be a good combo. Bentonite clay is said to pull the dht out of the scalp well lasers gives hair the energy to grow.

Remember there are alot of important growth factors in DHT. I think thats why while on fin my hairloss did slow down ALOT but hair was allways super thin and grew very slow. I think there are certain growth factors in dht that are needed for hair growth.

Anyway goodluck mate, hope you find something that works and never get depressed over hairloss. Flip it around and let it change you for the better.

Prolific Poster
IH's top 3 plus resv
4 Shampoo rotation
Mag Oil 3x a week
Scalpure

Post by 1..... » Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:32 pm

Thanks Cue,

I think I'm going to get super zix 2 and stay with my helmet and IH regime. I might get on some clay too. How do you personally not let hairloss get you down and use it for the better?

Dobika
Regular Poster
Treatment Regimen: Lasers, toco8, scalp exercises, diet, exercise, nioxin

Post by Dobika » Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:50 pm

Hey 1...

I feel for you dude, hairloss sucks. Cuebreeze is right about Fin. I tried it, it's a powerful drug. I do think it broke the loss cycle for me but it does mess up your unit. A sucky trade off.

I've had just as much success with Saw Palmetto extract, 85 to 95% fatty acids and no side effects.

Just keep on fighting it and don't start panicking. The stress will have a negative effect. Don't start jumping from one treatment to another either. You've got to give these treatments time to work.

Keep yourself in shape too. If you get depressed over the loss and veg out that's not good either.

You can and will stop it, believe!

You have your young age and health on your side.

Prolific Poster
IH's top 3 plus resv
4 Shampoo rotation
Mag Oil 3x a week
Scalpure

Post by 1..... » Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:58 pm

Thanks doblika,

Did you try fin and quit due to sides? And then the saw palmetto had no sides for you?
I'm thinking about SP but will prolly try it topically.

Pete2
Prolific Poster

Post by Pete2 » Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:19 pm

cuebreeze wrote:Finastaride is basically a drug that cuts off male hormones. Take it and you slowly lose your male attributes. You may not notice sides but they are happenening and that can be worse than not noticing side affects.

I think lasers with bentonite clay may be a good combo. Bentonite clay is said to pull the dht out of the scalp well lasers gives hair the energy to grow.

Remember there are alot of important growth factors in DHT. I think thats why while on fin my hairloss did slow down ALOT but hair was allways super thin and grew very slow. I think there are certain growth factors in dht that are needed for hair growth.

Anyway goodluck mate, hope you find something that works and never get depressed over hairloss. Flip it around and let it change you for the better.

The idea is to balance your hormones and not eliminate DHT, just simply to reduce it BUT also to reduce Estradiol to keep your hormones balanced. So, SP and Pygeum may help. The imbalance of hormones could result in sides. The topical approach may be better if your worried.

Regards
Pete

Dobika
Regular Poster
Treatment Regimen: Lasers, toco8, scalp exercises, diet, exercise, nioxin

Post by Dobika » Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:34 pm

When I started Fin I would have made a deal with the devil to stop the loss. It was a long time ago and nobody really knew about the side effects yet. I stopped because of the expense of Fin and because I was always reading about this stuff and I read that Saw Palmetto extract was just as effective and naturally derived. A few months after I quit, reports started coming out confirming the sexual side effects and I was glad to be off of it. I feel the SP does just as good a job and my doctor says its good for my prostate. I probably took it for close to a year and I know it stopped the loss cycle and at the time that was a miracle. I was freaking out. It helped my hair and gave me time to get my head straight and I now know that stressing out is really bad. If I could go back in time I would chill out more. That was all like 15 years ago and since then there's so much more information and so many treatments that are available. So chill out, read, learn, and apply what you learn and you will be fine.