shaving down to cueball (advice wanted)

Read about and discuss general hair loss topics.

Moderator: moderators

cuebreeze
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Norwood Level: Norwood III
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

shaving down to cueball (advice wanted)

Post by cuebreeze » Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:28 pm

I think im gonna take the plunge and shave my head real soon. I was just wondering once i do this is wether i should change up my regimen? Obviously topicals are gonna be alot easier to apply but what shampooing etc? how often?

Also will shaving too short cause the hairs to die off?

OMGmyhair
Occasional Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood II A
Treatment Regimen: Lasers.
Minoxidil w/ Saw Palmetto 2x
Nizoral
Bentonite Clay

Re: shaving down to cueball (advice wanted)

Post by OMGmyhair » Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:19 am

na.

I just took the plunge. Surprisingly, I've had a few compliments. It feels good to be free! I shaved down to a 0-guard. Only bad part about it is that you lose a sense of your identity because you sort of look like every other bald guy out there.

NeverQuit
Regular Poster

Post by NeverQuit » Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:26 am

It's been 2 days cuebalsl, how about an update? I'm looking at having to shave it down and am vicariously following this post. Also, what color hair? Did you keep a little stub? Did you look "more bald" when you shaved...meaning, did you notice the receding temples more? Are you going to keep it?

So I guess you guys aren't having much luck with keeping those bastards? I look at shaving the dome as a last resort and in a way giving into the fact that I'm bald. Having said this, I feel as though when/if I do shave it of that I will be on the "other side" and be happier as I'm no longer hiding the fact...

cuebreeze
Prolific Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood III

Post by cuebreeze » Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:56 pm

i know what you mean. Im border line where i can still pull off an ok full head of hair with the right styling but eventually the temples will look too combed over. Alltho since using clay ive noticed my hair is really soft and smooth and seems to flow evenly over the thinning areas.

Something kind of funny is that my best mate who has REALLY thick hair is nicknamed cue-ball because he shaved his head once so thats one less nickname illl have to worry about hahaha. His even asked me occasionly why i started calling him cueball. Idiot has no idea its a name given to baldys haha