Regime advice please....

Read about and discuss general hair loss topics.

Moderator: moderators

avgjoe
Regular Poster
Have you had a hair transplant?: No
Treatment Regimen: Promox
Nizoral
HairMax

Regime advice please....

Post by avgjoe » Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:42 am

Hi all

To cut a long story short: I've been on A&G, NanoGaine (mornings) and Regenscalp (for like 3 weeks only though) for the last 2 months, with some lasering (HairMax only sadly and needling 3-4 times per week). I've stopped losing hairs almost but no regrowth.

Prior to that I used Promox, but the version with no PPG which was too greasy for me. I did'nt see any regrowth and spraying 4 times a day was too much for me in an office environment. I also wanted to try and get away from using Minox if possible (I suspect I have a puffier face). I also tried Virile Mane for a few months without much luck.

Shampoo wise, I alternate between Niz and Nano shampoo, prior to this was using Nioxin System 2.

So, now I am looking for some advice; I have a possible wedding in a few months and would like to look the best I can. Can you guys suggest a new routine? Am based in the UK so don't want to wait a month for orders from USA

Shampoo
  • Nioxin on alternate days or
  • Revita on alternate days with
  • Jasons Thin to Thick conditioner
  • other suggestions?
Evenings
  • DermaRoller
  • RegenScalp (I want to finish the whole bottle before deciding on anything else)
Mornings
  • NanoGaine or
  • Spectral DNC-L or
  • LA Science serum or
  • another course of A&G (but what do I follow it up with thereafter?)
  • other suggestions?
Internals
  • Curcumin
  • Krill Oil
  • Emerald Balance
  • Maca
  • Tried Fin and did'nt like the effects. Tried saw palmetto years ago but don't know if it actually did anything
I am a diffues thinner probably around NW3. I know that there's no guarantees even if something has worked for someone else. I just want some objective advice please.

Pete2
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know

Re: Regime advice please....

Post by Pete2 » Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:58 am

avgjoe wrote:Hi all

To cut a long story short: I've been on A&G, NanoGaine (mornings) and Regenscalp (for like 3 weeks only though) for the last 2 months, with some lasering (HairMax only sadly and needling 3-4 times per week). I've stopped losing hairs almost but no regrowth.

Prior to that I used Promox, but the version with no PPG which was too greasy for me. I did'nt see any regrowth and spraying 4 times a day was too much for me in an office environment. I also wanted to try and get away from using Minox if possible (I suspect I have a puffier face). I also tried Virile Mane for a few months without much luck.

Shampoo wise, I alternate between Niz and Nano shampoo, prior to this was using Nioxin System 2.

So, now I am looking for some advice; I have a possible wedding in a few months and would like to look the best I can. Can you guys suggest a new routine? Am based in the UK so don't want to wait a month for orders from USA

Shampoo
  • Nioxin on alternate days or
  • Revita on alternate days with
  • Jasons Thin to Thick conditioner
  • other suggestions?
Evenings
  • DermaRoller
  • RegenScalp (I want to finish the whole bottle before deciding on anything else)
Mornings
  • NanoGaine or
  • Spectral DNC-L or
  • LA Science serum or
  • another course of A&G (but what do I follow it up with thereafter?)
  • other suggestions?
Internals
  • Curcumin
  • Krill Oil
  • Emerald Balance
  • Maca
  • Tried Fin and did'nt like the effects. Tried saw palmetto years ago but don't know if it actually did anything
I am a diffues thinner probably around NW3. I know that there's no guarantees even if something has worked for someone else. I just want some objective advice please.

This would be my suggestion :

1) Reduce your stress response
2) Alternate couple Piroctone Olamine shampoos
3) Alternate couple Topicals (using a shower cap at night for max absorption )

I really think people are getting alittle carried away in the amount of things they are using,

Personally I will be ordering Elsoms Terminal 1 and 2 - I like the logic in the product and I like the fact that Dr Y actually knows what he is talking about.

Regards
Pete

Pete2
Prolific Poster

Post by Pete2 » Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:41 am

I forgot to add :

1) Reduce DHT and Estradiol via Epilobium OR SP and Pygeum.
2) Alternate couple Piroctone Olamine shampoos
3) Alternate couple Topicals (using a shower cap at night for max absorption )

Regards
Pete

N0rwgnKid
Seasoned Poster

Post by N0rwgnKid » Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:20 pm

a laser helmet ...... ? :)

Pete2
Prolific Poster

Post by Pete2 » Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:48 pm

N0rwgnKid wrote:a laser helmet ...... ? :)

You could add a laser pre treatment to aid in prepping the scalp for topicals.

Regards
Pete

Raxe
Occasional Poster

Post by Raxe » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:23 am

I think it would help if when people suggest things to use, they put in a link to where they get it from. Thanks.