The Gentlemen's Personal Barber

Read about and discuss general hair loss topics.

Moderator: moderators

Jacob
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

The Gentlemen's Personal Barber

Post by Jacob » Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:59 pm

http://www.hammacher.com/Product/76683
Designed for those with closely cropped hairstyles, this electric trimmer allows you to cut your own hair and maintain a clean-cut look, eliminating frequent visits to the barber. As simple as combing your hair, the trimmer has two bidirectional, curved blades that cut as they move forwards or backwards through your hair while accommodating the contours of your pate. The trimmer adjusts at the touch of a button to cut your hair to five different lengths (1/8", 3/16", 1/4", 3/8", or 1/2"), or you can cut your hair right to the scalp using the included blade attachment. The device has an integrated, pop-up trimmer for manicuring beards, side burns, and necklines. Provides 12 three-minute trims after a 16-hour charge. 8 3/4" L x 6 1/3" H x 2 1/2" W. (1 1/3 lbs.)
:-k

OverMachoGrande
Prolific Poster
Have you had a hair transplant?: Yes

Re: The Gentlemen's Personal Barber

Post by OverMachoGrande » Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:35 pm

That's actually pretty darn cool! If I was going to cut my hair short, I'd probably get that!

As you will see from my next videos that I do starting in the first few weeks of September, I'm going in quite the opposite direction. I'm growing long, bushy hair like I had when I was 20! Can a 36 year old formerly balding man pull that off?? Stay tuned for the rest of the year to find out! lol...
  • "When all else fails, lie about OverMachoGrande." -observations by Jdp710
Build the most effective laser device in the world at http://www.overmachogrande.com...

Anxious1
Prolific Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood II A

Post by Anxious1 » Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:40 pm

that is pretty cool. perhaps they should add some lasers . lol

wat i use is very cool too. i found a brand of clipper, that sells their plastic blades, up to size 12 (normally they r only 1-4)

12 = about 2 inchs more or less. i use 12 or over, and a 10 around the sides, and im done.

See, i went to a barber until i was about 14, then grew it long, then started to lose alot of hair from seborraic dernititis(not mpb) so i shaved it with a razor, then 0 blade with clippers (age 20) and started with supplements and topicals, got rid of my seb derm. so i went to a barber, and the girl there did a great job, next time o went there ,i got this homosexual bald guy, who insisted on combing it a million times in each direction and styling and stylin, i told him numerous times to stop cos i have hairloss, but he got so offended, i finnally got out of there, and never went back.
i think over styling can do alot of damage, the fact that the hairderesser was bald, just proves it, he probably combed it to death.

i have been using my 10 and 12 blade clippers ever since which is the last 7 yrs.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:49 pm

Plastic blades? You mean the length thingamajigs?

I'm back to having my hair short..so am looking at something like this. Got a coupon for free shipping..price isn't bad..but I'm hoping for some testimonials 8)

Anxious1
Prolific Poster

Post by Anxious1 » Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:07 pm

yeah the length thingies, i thought they were called blades, but maybe im wrong.

here in australia, the brand is WAHL.

u get the spare blade (length thingies) from the shaver shop.

Anxious1
Prolific Poster

Post by Anxious1 » Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:15 pm

u guys ever heard the theory that perhaps balding is from cutting our hair. i cant find the website anywhere, but it was one of those websites that has all gramnmas old remedies, and it wasnt selling anything. the lady was saying, we r not supposed to cut our hair, and when we do, it has to use up resources to repair the end where it was cut, and it uses all its nutrients to do that,

i wish i could find it, but i cant. i find it interesting though, becaue i do agree that cutting our hair is a non-natural thing to do, but i know its dead anyway. u do seem to see alot of fat men with long hair thats probably never been cut, and is perfect. could be why when men start shaving their head more and more, with a razor, they eventually end up with nothing.

not saying i buy this theory, but it may have a little merit.ill keep trying to find it.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:36 pm

Can't say I've heard that..but Mr. Morrocco has this lunar(that's not loony) idea that the hair should be cut on certain days. Even certain days for retarding growth of hair.

http://morroccomethod.com/lunar-hair-chart

p__
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)

Post by p__ » Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:06 pm

Anxious1 wrote:not supposed to cut our hair, and when we do, it has to use up resources to repair the end where it was cut, and it uses all its nutrients to do that
:shock: :lol: #-o :roll:

Granny needs a crash course in biology.

glaxom
Regular Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood II

Post by glaxom » Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:19 am

Jacob wrote:Can't say I've heard that..but Mr. Morrocco has this lunar(that's not loony) idea that the hair should be cut on certain days. Even certain days for retarding growth of hair.

http://morroccomethod.com/lunar-hair-chart

So i need to start hauling my flowbee outside and use it under the moon light?

And then you have the days that are most beneficial for retarding hair growth — the best days for shaving, plucking or waxing. .......after seeing that 40yr old virgin movie i can't imagine anytime being good for waxing.

Who's gonna be the first here to test the lunar theory out?