Vegitarian question

Read about and discuss general hair loss topics.

Moderator: moderators

Dave
Occasional Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

Vegitarian question

Post by Dave » Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:53 am

Hi guys,

Is there anyone on here that was a vegitarian or vegan when they started to go bald?
I see a lot of veggies with all their hair, just wondering if it has any affect.

perga
Prolific Poster

Re: Vegitarian question

Post by perga » Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:32 pm

I am a vegetarian and I'm going bald.

Diet wise, I think a healthy vegetarian diet will help to slow baldness to some extent, certainly not cure it, but maybe slow it. My brother at one point bought an ebook on preventing acne naturally through diet, and it goes into VERRRYYY specific detail about how a proper diet can balance hormones and improve liver/kidney function to maintain proper health and reduce blemishes. It doesn't specifically say "be vegetarian," but red meat is a nono, processed fats of all kinds: no, refined carbohydrates: no. It's hard to summarize because there is ridiculous detail... I can't remember what it is called, but I'm sure you could torrent the e-book if you find out the name.

Also, immortal hair goes into great detail on diet as well, but he seems more into carbohydrates and the insulin angle, while this acne book was more focused on fats and which are good/bad.

I'm not saying I follow this books recommendations, as some of the suggestions are far too intense for me, but his biggest thing is, your liver must be healthy to breakdown circulating hormones in the blood stream, and for your liver to be healthy, you need to eat proper fats.

Anxious1
Prolific Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood II A

Post by Anxious1 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:47 am

u really need to ask a vegetarian, that is well supplemented with the things missing from meat, mainly b-vitamins like b12, and iron.

i think a vege diet would be good, but if they negate some important nutrients, then they get agressive hairloss even worse than mpb.

remember although we r advanced race, and r capable of deciding wat we want to eat and working out wat nutrients r missing and need to be supplemented, the fact is, we have incisors in our mouth, specifically for tearing meat, and a paleolithic diet, ok so theres some debate in this, and perhaps we r meant to be vegetarian, i dont know other than clues in our evolution which is debatable, but relise this:

if we r meant to eat meat, then we have to eat it, or miss out on certain things.
lions ONLY eat meat, and they r healthy as, they dont have any adverse effects, they have evolved to eat it.

IF we r meant to eat it, then we should do it, and not be afraid of it, as it is in our blood.
remember the food pyramid was only designed to sell products, namely milk and bread. bread is man made, and no other animal makes it lol. cows milk is meant for cows, it has growth factors and antibodies to help a CALF grow into a huge fuking COW until it can eat grass.

WTF r humans doing consuming a product that is meant for calfs. Its probably a cause of alot of common diseases. Sure we consume milk, but only from our mothers, and only as a infant, until we r able to eat proper food. I mean, u ever seen a adult cow chasing ur mum for milk? the only animals that consume a different animals milk, and beyond infancy r the ones that HUMANS give the milk to. i dont think cats would have ever developed a taste for cows milk, if humans hadnt evolved.

redbird
Regular Poster

Post by redbird » Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:39 am

Jack LaLanne is a pescetarian (vegetarian who eats fish). He says he never eats meat (except fish) or dairy. All healthy fruits and vegetables with some fish. And of course exercise. I know it's only 1 data point, but it's one heck of a data point (the guy is about to turn 95, and I bet he could still beat me at most physical things).

Dave
Occasional Poster

Post by Dave » Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:03 pm

Thanks for the replys guys.
I won't becoming vegitarian, but I am definitely going to try to improve some lazy eating habits, and start eating better.