Revita

Read about and discuss general hair loss topics.

Moderator: moderators

James
Seasoned Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

Revita

Post by James » Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:49 am

Hello everyone! I am happy to see you all here.

Has anyone had any experience with Revita shampoo?

I recall maybe OMG using it in the past, maybe some others have too.

OverMachoGrande
Prolific Poster
Have you had a hair transplant?: Yes

Re: Revita

Post by OverMachoGrande » Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:13 pm

Yeah, I use Revita!

I *hate* it that I love that shampoo, too, because a certain forum shill was always promoting it (like he used to do with all Spectral Labs products)! lol... So, I'm helping him on accident, but what can I say... I dig the shampoo.

I actually swap it with an Emu Oil shampoo because I think it can occasionally dry my hair just a tad too much, but I freaking love that shampoo combo. I've been doing this for over TWO YEARS, too, and I'm still just as happy as I was with it the day I started it. Jeez, maybe it's been longer than that. When did the shampoo come out? I think I was one of the first to use it... maybe I've been using that combo for almost THREE years?

Here's how I swap it out... usually, if I take a shower in the morning, I use Revita. If I take a shower at night, I use the Emu Oil shampoo. If I'm going to use my laser helmet, I always use the Revita because shampoos DO make a difference, it's non SLS, and it doesn't leave any residue over in the scalp and I get great stimulation from the lasers.

So, I use Revita about 75% of the time, if not more.

The bad thing about it is that it's pretty pricy, but the saving grace is that one bottle will last you for ever. I stretched one out to eight months once (of course, with swapping it out with the other one). I think all-in-all I've only owned four bottles of it.

Here is the deal though... shampoos are EXTEMELY PERSONAL THINGS. What's great for me might be HORRIBLE for you. Also, yes... I think the ingredients in Revita have shown to be beneficial, but I don't know if they do JACK to actually encourage regrowth. I used Revita when my hair looked it's worst -and it was still continuing to get worse- and I use Revita now when my hair is the best it's been in eons.

So... I don't think it's actually technically played any role in my hair loss battle. What it HAS done, though, is leave my hair great after a shower, and it makes me have better hair days! lol... And, I'm sorry, but that is extremely important in our lives, too.

Most people I talk to don't seem to like it that much, though, so take that into consideration! I don't remember the reasons why... maybe it was because it dried their hair out too much.

Sorry to sound like an ad for Revita.

-O.M.G.
  • "When all else fails, lie about OverMachoGrande." -observations by Jdp710
Build the most effective laser device in the world at http://www.overmachogrande.com...

OverMachoGrande
Prolific Poster

Post by OverMachoGrande » Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:21 pm

Oh, by the way, I always thought that this would be a GREAT IDEA, and maybe even a money maker for someone... put together sample kits of all the hot shampoos out there.

I can usually tell if I'm going to like a shampoo after a week or so, so I think it'd be cool if you could buy a six pack of different shampoos so you could test them all out. No, you won't be able to actually see if they work in a HAIR GROWING REGARD -and I'm not convinced that any of the commercial ones really do that anyway- but you *will* be able to see if the shampoo is a good match for your hair.

Man... I got beat up on that idea the last time I mentioned it, but for ME at least, I think it'd be fantastic way to try all of them without having to commit to a HUUUUUUGE cost.

Anybody interested in pursuing this?
Build the most effective laser device in the world at http://www.overmachogrande.com...

MG63
Seasoned Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood II
Treatment Regimen: Laser
Dermaheal
Crescina Stem Cell 500

Post by MG63 » Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:34 am

OMG- whose Emu shampoo do you use ?

All - Any other emu shampoo recommendations ?

Thx

OverMachoGrande
Prolific Poster

Post by OverMachoGrande » Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:40 am

MG63 wrote:OMG- whose Emu shampoo do you use ?

All - Any other emu shampoo recommendations ?

Thx
I use longviewfarms.com's emu oil. I actually don't come right and say that though in "silent protest" of their shipping policies, so I wait until someone asks. They'll send it out regular slow mail and charge over $8. Shipping for something that size/wieght for regular mail would be something like less than $1.50, so they are making an awful lot of profit on shipping for bottles of shampoo with this "hidden cost". My problem isn't even completely cost related... it's just that it takes A WEEK to get it for $8 when I could get it in TWO DAYS for $4.80!

I sent them an email, told them I shipped things on a daily basis, too, told them I understood shipping/handling costs, and told them that I didn't think it was a good policy for them to continue doing that -and they responded with a phoney baloney corporate response. I made the decision I wouldn't "plug them" as much from then on, and that if I ever did... I'd mention their shipping policy!

So, there are PLENTY of other good emu shampoos out there, I'm sure. I do like this one a lot, though... I'm just sick of companies using a shipping charge to make an additional profit -and in this case, it's a pretty large one compared to what the product costs.

-O.M.G.

number10ox
Occasional Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Treatment Regimen: laser messiah II with 415 diodes, 3-4xweek, 20 min. treatment
Emu/magnesium oil topical

Post by number10ox » Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:37 pm

I used Revita shampoo for just over a month. I like the way it feel on my scalp, the smell, and the way that I don't even need conditioner after I use it.

The reason I've stopped using it for now is kind of hard to explain. I started with just using lasers and a non-SLS shampoo/conditioner. Then I started to add things like Emu oil, Magnesium oil, a polysorbate 80 scrub, scalp exercises, a montmorillinite clay/ACV mixture, and then finally Revita shampoo. I know there are plenty of others out there who use more products in combination than that, but I was starting to get into a routine where even IF it started to produce results, I wouldn't know WHAT was really working for me and what was unnecessary.

I need to stick with what I'm doing now for several more months and evaluate before I start adding new things or subtracting things. Revita seems to be one of the best shampoos available as far as ingredients proven to be beneficial for MBP. But it is EXPENSIVE. I looked around everywhere and I couldn't find any deals for under $28 a bottle + shipping. Like OMG said, you can make a bottle last beyond a month if you rotate it with something else. Before I commit to a potential lifetime of use I want to be sure that it's necessary, or at least that it gives me benefits beyond what I would be getting from my laser helmet and various topicals I'm using already.

Definitely one of the best shampoos I've tried. I may add it back in the future.

James
Seasoned Poster
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

Post by James » Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:44 am

I just picked some up at the store. I have used it a few times and it seems good so far. I will report back when some more time has passed.

Thanks for the replies guys.