low thyroid function.

Read about and discuss general hair loss topics.

Moderator: moderators

Anxious1
Prolific Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood II A
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

low thyroid function.

Post by Anxious1 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:49 am

just thought it might be relevant, i got told at uni today, that in winter thyroid function is very low, and in summer its very high. im sure u all know this anyway, but i didnt.

from my experience, in the bottom of NZ where iused to live, and visit sometimes, there seems to be a low rate of mpb, but in qld, australia, there is a high rate of mpb and its very hot and humid. winter is still cold, but its still like at least 14 degrees celcius most of the time. and qld has lirterally the highest rate of skin cancer in the world, which i will most likely get, because i have the genetics from being from NZ, and have pale skin. in fact i have already had 3 BCC's removed, and have had lots of moles removed.

other cold places seem to have low mpb rates too. its possible it could be more to do with eating fish, but i thought its interesting. perhaps low thyroid function is related in more cases than we thought.

jdp710
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know

Re: low thyroid function.

Post by jdp710 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:57 am

cuebreeze
Prolific Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood III

Post by cuebreeze » Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:36 pm

Hey jdp710 ive read thru a heap of the iodine topical threads and keep finding mixed opinions. Whats your view at this moment on using it on the scalp and could you recommend me a brand to try if so. I searched for lugols topical but it came up with alot of fish tank coral products... Is that it? or could you post a link to the one you use

jdp710
Prolific Poster

Post by jdp710 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:13 am

Hey cuebreeze,

Personally, I'd be careful with using iodine more than once per week directly on your hair.

I use JCrows lugol's iodine which can be taken internally.

http://www.swansonvitamins.com/LGS001/I ... 4294967185

http://www.jcrows.com/iodine.html

Pete2
Prolific Poster

Post by Pete2 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:40 pm

Anxious1 wrote:just thought it might be relevant, i got told at uni today, that in winter thyroid function is very low, and in summer its very high. im sure u all know this anyway, but i didnt.

from my experience, in the bottom of NZ where iused to live, and visit sometimes, there seems to be a low rate of mpb, but in qld, australia, there is a high rate of mpb and its very hot and humid. winter is still cold, but its still like at least 14 degrees celcius most of the time. and qld has lirterally the highest rate of skin cancer in the world, which i will most likely get, because i have the genetics from being from NZ, and have pale skin. in fact i have already had 3 BCC's removed, and have had lots of moles removed.

other cold places seem to have low mpb rates too. its possible it could be more to do with eating fish, but i thought its interesting. perhaps low thyroid function is related in more cases than we thought.

DO you get quite stressed this could be effecting your thyroid ?

Sometimes no amount of supplements will help unless you address the root cause.

Regards
Pete